New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

True, true. It's just that there really are very very few slashers at his height now. Handle wasn't an issue before his final spurt. Doesn't mean it won't come to him, it usually does. it would make him an even better 3. Imagine that. A better Tatum. That is downright terrifying.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Phil your analyses of every team are always spot on

The Celtics are a talented finesse team but as you pointed out they lack the bigs who put bodies in the way. I see that a potential problem unless their speed and outside shooting will carry the game

Reactions: jadis and christoph
True, true. It's just that there really are very very few slashers at his height now. Handle wasn't an issue before his final spurt. Doesn't mean it won't come to him, it usually does. it would make him an even better 3. Imagine that. A better Tatum. That is downright terrifying.
How about Naz Reid

Plus "the toothpick "needs to bulk up which if so will make the Thunder even better

Reactions: jadis
The Thunder are playing without any effort or cause for concern as they went on an 11-0 run and just when I thought they would coast to the end of the game Dallas goes on a spurt and just as quickly they close the gap and trail 65-63 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. It's a back and forth game and very close yet for some reason it asks the same excitement Ive been feeling as I watch the other 3 series. As I said earlier, it just might be that this is just too easy for the Thunder

Reactions: jadis and christoph
This has turned into quite a game as the Mavs are playing terrific on their home court and take a lead of 92-85 with 7 minutes left in the game

OKC is lacking something today...I think its called dominance and "killer instinct

A great finish to what started as a rather boring game. Dallas playing much better than OKC as Doncic has hit the deck so many times today that every bone in his body must ache . In spite of this he played a solid final 2 minutes as the Mavs take a 5 point lead as SGA is called on an offensive foul and turns the ball over.

Having said this Doncic gives up the ball with 12 seconds left . Holmgren is fouled to close lead to 104 101 . Doncic is then fouled with 7.2 seconds left and makes one to go 105-101 and OKC runs out oof clock

Dallas goes up 2-1 and as I saw it they wanted it more than the Thunder

Reactions: christoph
My wish for Tatum is for him to be the Adrian Dantley of the present time. Dantley was said to have made a living off fishing for free throws. Tatum just have to be conscious of driving in, stopping, and fish for the FTs. He can let the '''others'' shoot their way out. Someone has to be the inside man.

Last edited:
watching the game now Phil and I must say that your description of how the Celtics play is dead on. They are thriving on the deep 3 point shots and making most of them as well as seeing Tatum going frequently to the FT line

Green seems to be more accurate from way outside the arc than he is from the free throw line as he has been throwing up clunkers which miss badly.

Nonetheless the Celtics at the start of the 4th are up by 14. They were up by 23 but Mitchell is also very accurate from outside the arc

84-71 Celtics at the start of the 4th

Cavs closed it to 9 but the Celtics once again are raining down threes. It all Donovan Mitchell on the other end that is keeping the game close

Celtics 98-84 midway through the 4th

And that's all she wrote.
Well Phil, you called it as the Celtics in my opinion won this game from outside the arc

A very reassuring win 106-93 to go up 2-1
And that's how they always play, scripted or not. Lol.

That's who they are. Built for blitzkrieg. Lol.

Reactions: steve williams
And that's all she wrote.

And that's how they always play, scripted or not. Lol.

That's who they are. Built for blitzkrieg. Lol.
They seem to play better when the control the pace and slow it down to their tempo

They seem to play better when the control the pace and slow it down to their tempo
They play loosely with a big lead. Trailing means a bit of doom for the Celtics.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing