New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

A (even toes crossed this time LOL) win in the next game counts as back to back. If they lose the next one, they'll have to B2B 6 and 7. :D

Right now it's a chess game between coaches. Indie doesn't have the luxury of a game 1 win. They have to grab the initiative. Vogel will have to be ready for many in-game adjustments because we know Riley and Spo will throw everything they've got at them next game.

LET EM PLAY REFS!!!!!!!!!!!

that's true, but i wouldn't want to see it as back to back so that there is lesser pressure. :D

good thing indy survived the refs bungled calls. next game is too critical for the refs to get in the way. imagine, vogel got a T for voicing that the ball did hit the rim hence the shot clock was reset, hansbrough's basket was nullified in the process and +1 to ray allen's T foul shot. that's a big miscarriage of justice in basketball. and brian shaw got a T for telling the ref that sam young did not even say anything to james but got his with a T in a previous game. i am glad it wasn't the celtics in the playoffs or my blood pressure would have shot off the skyscrapers. :D heat is playing like champs, and the pacers need to be doubly aggressive to knock them out.

It would be heart breaking much like what happened to the Kings way back when. To think I was for the Lakers. It would hurt the league and basketball as a whole. :(

Speaking of the Lakers, Hibbert's low post spin left, spin right, then a real small baby hook reminded me of the most feared player I have seen - Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I told my son that if the Lakers went to Kareem for those money shots 20 times in a game, then the Pacers ought to run those plays to Hibbert 10 times. :D I miss those 'big' post up plays.

Houston Rockets angling at Dwight Howard. Assuming Dwight doesn't whine about anything, Rockets would have a potent first 5, with Harden, Lin and Parsons among them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--h...space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of the Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Thomas Robinson averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds last season. (USA Today Sports)The Rockets have made clear to multiple rival teams that they plan to accept the best offer to move Robinson and eliminate his $3.52 million salary for the 2013-14 season.

Without the salary of Robinson and others, the Rockets will have the space to offer Howard a maximum deal starting at approximately $20.5 million a season.

Houston is competing mainly with Dallas – and possibly Golden State – to lure Howard once free agency commences on July 1. Howard has become increasingly intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination, sources said. Houston's supporting cast, including James Harden and Chandler Parsons, is one of the reasons.

The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said.

The Rockets are the second team to move him since he came out of Kansas considered one of the most prepared prospects in the class. The Rockets' coaching staff prefers forwards who can space the floor with their shooting ability but the 6-foot-10 Robinson is a more traditional back-to-the-basket power forward.

His $3.5 million salary most closely matches the money that the Rockets need to unload in order to help secure a maximum contract swap for Howard.

Robinson, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds playing a combined 70 games for the Rockets and Kings. Sacramento traded him to Houston in a package that included Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash.

It's an aside to the whole Howard thing, but I think Robinson can play in the right situation. Sacramento is the right situation for nobody

Houston Rockets angling at Dwight Howard. Assuming Dwight doesn't whine about anything, Rockets would have a potent first 5, with Harden, Lin and Parsons among them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--h...space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

The Houston Rockets are determined to trade forward Thomas Robinson – the fifth pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to create salary-cap space for the pursuit of the Los Angeles Lakers' free-agent superstar Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Thomas Robinson averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds last season. (USA Today Sports)The Rockets have made clear to multiple rival teams that they plan to accept the best offer to move Robinson and eliminate his $3.52 million salary for the 2013-14 season.

Without the salary of Robinson and others, the Rockets will have the space to offer Howard a maximum deal starting at approximately $20.5 million a season.

Houston is competing mainly with Dallas – and possibly Golden State – to lure Howard once free agency commences on July 1. Howard has become increasingly intrigued with the Rockets as a possible destination, sources said. Houston's supporting cast, including James Harden and Chandler Parsons, is one of the reasons.

The Rockets are targeting teams with the cap space to absorb Robinson's contract. The Rockets are trying to cobble together a package that could include assets such as a trade exception, a draft pick or non-guaranteed contracts that they can be unloaded, sources said.

The Rockets are the second team to move him since he came out of Kansas considered one of the most prepared prospects in the class. The Rockets' coaching staff prefers forwards who can space the floor with their shooting ability but the 6-foot-10 Robinson is a more traditional back-to-the-basket power forward.

His $3.5 million salary most closely matches the money that the Rockets need to unload in order to help secure a maximum contract swap for Howard.

Robinson, 22, averaged 4.8 points and 4.5 rebounds playing a combined 70 games for the Rockets and Kings. Sacramento traded him to Houston in a package that included Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt for Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich, Toney Douglas and cash.

Will the deal included Howard being able to bring his own coach in?

Will the deal included Howard being able to bring his own coach in?

I think even 'his own coach' may be fired by him too. :D And we have to wonder if Howard's best years were those championship runs with Orlando and his performance may be downhill despite his young age.

McHale's not going anywhere if Howard comes.

ONE GAME MORE! Pacers should be happy to stay alive. They have a shot at the title. Underdogs yes. But one not so good night for the Heat, the Pacers can stage an upset. What have they got to lose. They already bettered last year's series with the Heat by 1 game, winning 3 already, and 1 was in Miami. Fingers and toes crossed. :D

Last edited:
David West played Game 6 with 103-degree fever

Adrian Wojnarowski

INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Pacers forward David West played Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals with a 103-degree fever, a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday.

As the Pacers beat the defending NBA champion Miami Heat to force a Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals, West delivered an inspiring performance while battling what the organization termed an "upper respiratory infection."
After missing all seven shots in a sluggish first half, West ended the 91-77 victory with 11 points, 14 rebounds, four assists and two blocks on Saturday night at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Despite laboring in his movement and breathing in the first half, West refused his coach's overtures to take him out of the game for extended rest.
At one point, Pacers coach Frank Vogel told West in the second quarter: "I gotta get you out. You have nothing tonight."
West responded, "Let me in, I'm all right."
"That guy is all heart," Vogel said. "And it's contagious. I don't really have the words for it. His tank was on 'E" from the time he came into this building this morning … It was evident once he got out there that he didn't have anything in the tank.
"But he was just competing and giving all he had, and he was rebounding the basketball even if he wasn't making shots."
West is averaging 17 points and 7.8 rebounds in the conference finals against the Heat.

David West played Game 6 with 103-degree fever

Adrian Wojnarowski

INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Pacers forward David West played Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals with a 103-degree fever, a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday.

As the Pacers beat the defending NBA champion Miami Heat to force a Game 7 in the Eastern Conference Finals, West delivered an inspiring performance while battling what the organization termed an "upper respiratory infection."
After missing all seven shots in a sluggish first half, West ended the 91-77 victory with 11 points, 14 rebounds, four assists and two blocks on Saturday night at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Despite laboring in his movement and breathing in the first half, West refused his coach's overtures to take him out of the game for extended rest.
At one point, Pacers coach Frank Vogel told West in the second quarter: "I gotta get you out. You have nothing tonight."
West responded, "Let me in, I'm all right."
"That guy is all heart," Vogel said. "And it's contagious. I don't really have the words for it. His tank was on 'E" from the time he came into this building this morning … It was evident once he got out there that he didn't have anything in the tank.
"But he was just competing and giving all he had, and he was rebounding the basketball even if he wasn't making shots."
West is averaging 17 points and 7.8 rebounds in the conference finals against the Heat.

Reminds me of Jesse Ventura's line in The Predator: "I ain't got time to bleed." :D

Such heart and determination keeps the Pacers in pace (no pun intended) with the Heat.

Is he taking his new talent of acting and exaggerated flopping to South Beach? :D Look at the replay and see LeBron actually bangs his head into Paul George's head, and then James would ricochet back, flops, and slides on the floor to draw a charging foul on George who had no idea that getting his head bumped by another player could draw a charging foul ON HIM.

And the 'Supercut Compilation' of His Floppiness. :D Either he learned it from Wade or watched Keannu Reeves on Matrix too much. :D

He can easily score 45 points a night but he does not need to flop to be great.

Well from what I remember in Cleveland days he always seemed to choke in game 7 and would never take the last shot and/or when he did it came up short

Go Pacers!!!

Even if the heat prevail the Spurs are well rested and the Heat are beat up

If the Pacers win tomorrow, no matter what I feel about the SAS and the Western Conference, this would be a first for me as I would be cheering on the Pacers to take it all.

Well from what I remember in Cleveland days he always seemed to choke in game 7 and would never take the last shot and/or when he did it came up short

Go Pacers!!!

Even if the heat prevail the Spurs are well rested and the Heat are beat up

If the Pacers win tomorrow, no matter what I feel about the SAS and the Western Conference, this would be a first for me as I would be cheering on the Pacers to take it all.

The Pacers is truly an admirable basketball organization. Built and not bought, as the fans say. And no ego, no Big 3 but a blue collar solid ball club in the traditional sense. Win or lose tomorrow, they've earned many peoples' respect. And when I see Danny Granger on the bench, I feel for him, cheering his teammates from the bench. Hope the boys can win it for him.

Last edited:
Same can be said of SAS my buddy. No egos. I hope Indiana makes it to the finals not just because I've always been a Pacers guy but because it would send a message to the league and to the rest of the Basketball world. Frankly, I never liked watching small man basketball like the team sent to the last Olympics. Give me crisp passing and swarming defense ala the original Dream Team any day over hot dogging black top style.

There is no I in TEAM.

Same can be said of SAS my buddy. No egos. I hope Indiana makes it to the finals not just because I've always been a Pacers guy but because it would send a message to the league and to the rest of the Basketball world. Frankly, I never liked watching small man basketball like the team sent to the last Olympics. Give me crisp passing and swarming defense ala the original Dream Team any day over hot dogging black top style.

There is no I in TEAM.

Most definitely, Jack. I've felt Miami (via Pat Riley) has changed the NBA by having smaller but quicker players in the front line. They proved they didn't need a true big center (ala Shaq, Kareem, Hakeem, etc) to nab a title. But I thought they were getting away with bloody murder by doing that. I'm so used to being awed by big fellows that this Heat success doesn't feel right to me, but of course, having James in their team helped a lot. At least for 3 games where Indy won I enjoyed the presence of Roy Hibbert, lording it over because of his height and heft. :) In my mind, a healthy Greg Oden would have played like him given the few games I've seen him in Portland. And agreed, the Spurs are mirror images of the Pacers in their no nonsense, no egos type of plays but somehow, I never get excited in watching the Spurs play so far in the Western playoffs. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu