New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I want the Celtics to do well. The NBA is much more fun to watch when they are in contention.

I HAVE to agree with that. :D

If I look at the mirror as a Celtic fan, and most likely the ONLY true Celtic fan in this thread, I would feel like the Celtics are to others what the Heat is to me. They're hated as well. :D Beating the Celtics en route to a conference Finals or the Finals feels so much better than beating other teams, I guess. Larry Bird (of all people), said during his tenure as a Pacers' coach, that "there's no other team I'd like to beat than the Celtics'. I had to dwell on that philosophically for a few years. :D And I have a high school buddy who migrated to Michigan and he tells me he cannot stand anything Boston, even their hockey team. And I'm sure the LAL fans felt really good when they beat the Celtics in the past Finals because they were the Celtics. It should have been real fun. I wouldn't know because I'll never be on the other side of the Celtics fence. :)

I HAVE to agree with that. :D

If I look at the mirror as a Celtic fan, and most likely the ONLY true Celtic fan in this thread, I would feel like the Celtics are to others what the Heat is to me. They're hated as well. :D Beating the Celtics en route to a conference Finals or the Finals feels so much better than beating other teams, I guess. Larry Bird (of all people), said during his tenure as a Pacers' coach, that "there's no other team I'd like to beat than the Celtics'. I had to dwell on that philosophically for a few years. :D And I have a high school buddy who migrated to Michigan and he tells me he cannot stand anything Boston, even their hockey team. And I'm sure the LAL fans felt really good when they beat the Celtics in the past Finals because they were the Celtics. It should have been real fun. I wouldn't know because I'll never be on the other side of the Celtics fence. :)

so similarly as a Lakers fan

Sorry Phil, I love you man but I don't see the Celtics getting past both NY and Brooklyn for the Atlantic title. Third for sure given that the Sixers have apparently imploded their roster on purpose in preparation for the 2014 draft. I must say the Knicks bench looks much improved and the depth chart shows intriguing possibilities. My money would be on the Pierce-Garnett reinforced Nets just because I think now they can both run and play a mean halfcourt.

Realistically, I agree with you, my good buddy. :) I feel Boston has to wait a few seasons to mold again into a scary team. I'm looking forward to see how the Nets handle prosperity wrought forth by a prosperous owner. :D Can you imagine if Doc Rivers went to the Nets instead of the Clippers? That would be fantasy basketball. :D

Last edited:
I can't wait for the season to begin as well.

NBA opens 2013-14 season with Heat versus Bulls, Lakers versus Clippers
August 7, 2013 6:51am
4 2 0 6

The NBA released the schedule for its 68th season, which will begin on October 29 (Oct. 30, PHL time) with a televised doubleheader on TNT that features the Heat against the Bulls and guard Derrick Rose in what could be his first game after missing last season with a knee injury.

The nightcap will be the Los Angeles Lakers facing the Los Angeles Clippers and new coach Doc Rivers.

The third game on opening day will be the Orlando Magic versus the Indiana Pacers.

The Heat will play the San Antonio Spurs, their opponent in the NBA Finals, on January 26 in Miami and on March 6 in San Antonio.

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett return to Boston as new members of the Brooklyn Nets to face the Celtics on January 26 as well.

The annual Christmas Day schedule features Nets playing host to the Bulls, the Oklahoma City Thunder facing the Knicks in New York, the Heat taking on the Lakers in Los Angeles, Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets traveling to the Spurs and the Golden State Warriors playing host to the Clippers.

There also will be two international games on the regular-season schedule for the first time. The Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves play on December 4 in Mexico City. The Nets and Atlanta Hawks meet on January 16 in London.

ESPN will televise 75 regular-season games, TNT will broadcast 52 and NBA TV will air 97. - Reuters

And there's a pre-season game in the Philippines involving the Rockets and the Pacers, Jack my good buddy, are our seats well secured? :)

I'm content sitting beside Jim, Phil and Dafos :D

I'm content sitting beside Jim, Phil and Dafos :D

I'll be content with just getting in the door of my first live NBA game, pre-season or otherwise. :D

George vs Harden, Howard vs Hibbert. Should be great!

Greg Oden might get his first ring ahead of D12 next year without much 'training'. :)

He'll just be 'carried' (figuratively) by Lebron. :D

All Oden has to do is stand in the middle with his arms up. Nice gig!

29 wins is close to making the lottery. And is a far cry from the other guy who says the C's are going to win the Atlantic division. :D The C's are still getting attention despite doomsday scenarios but barring any more serious injuries to their present roster, my bet is over 29. :)

ESPN predicts that the Boston Celtics will go 29-53 this season

By Kevin O'Connor @Kevin__OConnor on Aug 12 2013, 6:11p

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/8/1...-the-boston-celtics-will-go-29-53-this-season

And there's a pre-season game in the Philippines involving the Rockets and the Pacers, Jack my good buddy, are our seats well secured? :)

When I inquired last week while claiming my FIBA Asia tickets, the $1,200 court side and $730 choice lower box and patron tickets (straight view of the court, not behind the ring) are still available. All others, which by Philippine standards is crazy expensive, are sold out. A ticket near the roof of the arena will empty a working mans pocket close to $100, or roughly a third of the minimum wage.

When I inquired last week while claiming my FIBA Asia tickets, the $1,200 court side and $730 choice lower box and patron tickets (straight view of the court, not behind the ring) are still available. All others, which by Philippine standards is crazy expensive, are sold out. A ticket near the roof of the arena will empty a working mans pocket close to $100, or roughly a third of the minimum wage.

the organizers pegged the price quite 'right', a plane fare to the states starts at around $1200. :)

and i was sounding off to my son that he could go with his buddies and watch near the roof, for around $100, which was my guess for the price of the bleachers section.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu