New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The Nets definitely look scary. Kidd is the question mark IMO. I have my eye most on the Bulls because they are in the same division as Indiana. Indiana also doesn't have anybody that can stay in front of a health Rose, not that anybody else does really.

Yes :) And Martin reupped with the Knicks. He can still do some damage if he's only playing 10-15 mins a game. Not to mention six hard fouls and one bonehead play.

At the start of last season, I had high hopes on the Knicks. By the end of the season they didn't become the championship team that I thought they had on paper. I don't think they will be much better next season. But the Nets, they now have that same 'on paper' great team that I thought the Knicks had last season. Hope they do much better. But with Pierce and KG, these are 2 additional players with not only championship experience, clutch plays, but heart. I just don't see Joe Johnson becoming a player in those 2's mold. The biggest Q is what Jason Kidd will do to inspire them or to jell them. Brook and KG inside is a twin tower combo. Kidd has to use that to their advantage. The Nets owner is on a boom or bust mode. Short term title hopes. I can't wait for the season to start.

The Doc's 'diagnosis'...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-give-to-the-nets/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Doc Rivers says Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett have plenty left to give to the Nets

Brett Pollakoff

Jul 28, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
16 Comments
Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett AP

When the Celtics pulled the plug on their championship aspirations by trading Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Nets, it wasn’t because those two Hall of Fame players were completely finished.

Salary considerations — along with the reality that even if the core stars were kept together in Boston for one more season, it still wouldn’t have been enough to get out of the Eastern Conference — were among the deciding factors in the team deciding to begin the rebuilding process sooner rather than later.

Pierce and Garnett can both still play at a high level, and that’s what the Nets were banking on when they agreed to take on the payroll and somewhat ridiculous luxury tax bill that it will be paying with those two in the fold next season.

Former Celtics head coach Doc Rivers believes it was a wise investment.

From Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:

“I think obviously Paul’s younger and in tune to play more minutes than Kevin,” Rivers said. “But I think they’re still at the top of their games. I think Paul is still one of those guys who can go off for big nights and still have big scoring nights. Kevin is a culture change. He won’t play but 20 to 25 minutes a night and there’ll probably be nights when he doesn’t play but his presence there alone will absolutely change the culture of Brooklyn. There’s no doubt about it. I think for some of the young guys, even some of the veteran stars, Joe Johnson and Deron Williams, will learn and understand what a winner is and looks like and professionalism and being prepared.

“That’s what I was most impressed with Kevin, how every game he prepared himself for games. That’s what I told our young guys that I just wanted them to watch him prepare for games. It was why he was so consistent. I thought it was that important.”

The example Pierce and Garnett will set for the rest of the Nets form a professional standpoint while having the experience of winning a championship to draw from will be an invaluable contribution to the franchise.

Rivers is obviously coming from a place of great bias when talking up two of his former players, but he’s not wrong, either. Pierce and Garnett do still have plenty to contribute, and should make the Nets a very interesting team to watch next season.

I think Scola is a great pickup by the Pacers. Very tough and underrated player.

LeBron James Will Reportedly 'Strongly Consider' Signing with NY Knicks in 2015
By Dan Favale(Featured Columnist) on July 31, 2013 66,763 reads
235 Icon_comment
Share Tweet

Use your ? ? (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNextLebronmelo_crop_north
LeBron James may be prepared to give the New York Knicks a second chance.

According to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith (via Tommy Beer of Hoopsworld), LeBron has apparently made it known that he will "strongly consider" signing with the Knicks as a free agent in two years' time.

Smith's report comes on the heels of Hoopsworld's Steve Kyler writing that New York is prepared to let Carmelo Anthony build his own team in the summer of 2015. Something tells me he'd let LeBron be a part of his hand-picked roster.

Only he may not have a choice.

Per Hoopsworld, the Knicks will have as many as six players under contract in 2015. Two of those deals are player options (J.R. Smith and Raymond Felton), two are qualifying offers (Iman Shumpert and C.J. Leslie), one is a team option (Tim Hardaway Jr.) and the last is not guaranteed (Pablo Prigioni).

Those six pacts total roughly $18.2 million. Assuming 'Melo stays put at, let's say, an average of $20 million a season, the Knicks will have just over $38 million on the books leading into the summer of 2015, giving them more than enough cash to hand out a max contract.

Because New York could use some even more good news, the potential to have even more cap space is there. The Knicks have the right to part ways with four of the aforementioned six contracts free and clear. The two they don't (Felton and Smith) become expiring deals if they exercise their player options and are therefore easy to move.

It is then feasible that the Knicks enter 2015 with a blank slate (save for 'Melo) and the potential to sign two more superstars. You have to imagine they will hold on to Shumpert, but with James Dolan's Knicks, you never know.

Still, New York may be one year too late.

Steven A. guaranteed (It's a done deal!) that Lebron was going to the Knicks last time around.

All this stuff to me is in the realm of created news based on nothing, designed simply to garner web hits.

Steven A. guaranteed (It's a done deal!) that Lebron was going to the Knicks last time around.

All this stuff to me is in the realm of created news based on nothing, designed simply to garner web hits.

I agree. Stephen A needs to tone back but that's his style

Stephen A. was the first (and maybe only) to break this rumor of a Doc/KG/Pierce for Bledsoe/Griffin/Jordan/Butler trade. Well, call it 50-50. He was right about Doc going to the Clippers, and right about KG and Pierce, and only wrong about the team they went to. :D That's the exciting thing about rumors. :D

Don't get too excited.

Don't get too excited.

A gamble I would take .. He is known to be brittle. If he manages to play at 50% the level he ought to play as someone who was chosen in front of Durant ...The Heat will simply not have to play the regular season .. Just let them battle someone in the NBA Finals ... :(

And I can just picture another ghastly scenario...Oden plays 3 mins a game, no consecutive games. And shows up fresh and primed for a battle in the playoffs with Hibbert, Chandler, Noah or Lopez. And the worst nightmare is him strutting down in the streets parading his first title even before Kevin Durant. :( Riley is not taking things sitting down. And yes, it's a cheap gamble for him. Minimum salary vs another title.

A gamble I would take .. He is known to be brittle. If he manages to play at 50% the level he ought to play as someone who was chosen in front of Durant ...The Heat will simply not have to play the regular season .. Just let them battle someone in the NBA Finals ... :(

Brittle is an understatement Frantz!

I thought the headline was from 5 years ago. But it was just posted 13 hours ago. I don't know the writer, but I sure like to believe in what he says. :D And I can see he ain't a Melo fan at all. :D

Boston Celtics: Top 5 Reasons They'll Reclaim the Atlantic Division in the Eastern Conference
Yahoo! Contributor Network
By Craig Pisani | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 13 hours ago

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-celtics-top-5-reasons-theyll-reclaim-atlantic-221600601.html

This is why I can't wait for basketball to start up again!!This guy is obviously a true Celtic fan. He does make some valid points about his team but lets be serious!! Your going to need way more than Rajon Rondo and Jeff green to reclaim the division. The Celtics have some nice young talent and wont be a complete bust IMO but this writer is extremely delusional. To win in the NBA you need to have consistent scoring. I looked through the Boston Roster, besides Green and Rondo, their next highest scorer is Bradley at 6.7 ppg. You also need team defense to win games in the NBA. Who is going to be their defensive anchor in the front court, Kris Humphries? I think unless Danny Ainge can pull off some major moves, Brad Stevens and the "C"'s are going to have a long road ahead of them. I don't think they will be as awful as (for example) the Wizards but its going to take a while before they can compete for the division again. The Nets are significantly better now, and NY is still the same team.

The point he should have made was, in the Easter conference, other then the top five teams (BK, NY, IND, CHI, MIA) who is going to step up and fill those final 3 playoff spots. The rest of the conference is considerably weak and teams like TO, BOS, CLE, and (DET who aquired Josh Smith and Jennings) have a chance to fill those final playoff spots. Have you seen the Southeast conference lately?? I want the Celtics to do well. The NBA is much more fun to watch when they are in contention. Once the season starts and the Celtics get blown out a few times, I want to read his articles again and see how he changes his tune.

Bring on the regular season!!!!

Sorry Phil, I love you man but I don't see the Celtics getting past both NY and Brooklyn for the Atlantic title. Third for sure given that the Sixers have apparently imploded their roster on purpose in preparation for the 2014 draft. I must say the Knicks bench looks much improved and the depth chart shows intriguing possibilities. My money would be on the Pierce-Garnett reinforced Nets just because I think now they can both run and play a mean halfcourt.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu