New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Too early to tell if there is parity ..

Too early but the Nets are 2-4 ... Never thought they were that good anyway ...

look at the league standings and parity seems likely to me

Wiggins just had his first game as a college player. Numbers weren't outstanding but reports say he was efficient. We don't have NCAA basketball here that I know of but this is a team I would like to follow. It has two freshmen that are fantasy basketball top ten 2014 picks plus an upper class man also in the top ten. Next game Duke. Let's see how the youngsters will do against real competition.

Wiggins just had his first game as a college player. Numbers weren't outstanding but reports say he was efficient. We don't have NCAA basketball here that I know of but this is a team I would like to follow. It has two freshmen that are fantasy basketball top ten 2014 picks plus an upper class man also in the top ten. Next game Duke. Let's see how the youngsters will do against real competition.

I have to put on hold my Wiggins Watch. Celtics suddenly have a 3 game winning streak. :D If they win some more I have to dig up that prophetic writer who said C's are going to win the Atlantic division. :D

Phil

it's so good to have NBA basketball back again as it tends to flush you out of the woodwork where you tend to reside for the off season

Yes Steve. I love the game. I get pumped up when the season begins. Another local Celtics fan was wondering why I still follow the playoffs after the C's have been eliminated. He says the season ends when the C's go out. I do not subscribe to that. I love the game. I played the game competitively when I was young and it's in my blood to watch new guys out there who thrill me with their talents.

And here, a REAL funny flop by James Harden. He got fined for that. I mentioned before that I disliked players who flopped, those who just stand in the way of a driving player, who suddenly take 'position', then protect their chests with their arms to take the hit. Boy, I'd like to see these guys in the NFL being tackled to the ground for that. One remedy I see is for a player to GO for the ball and DEFEND, and not get in the way just to fall down and do an acting job. I do not recall in older days players would do that. A charging foul still shows an opponent trying to defend, and not do some Hollywood stuffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...rden-fined-5-000-flopping-204210395--nba.html

And the Celtics win again! What is going on? They were being picked to win 20-25 games this year. They are disappointing many Boston fans who wanted to see them tank to get into the lottery. They could easily be 6-2 right now. No Rondo yet either. The East is so bad.......do they actually have a chance?

And don't look now, but the C's just beat Orlando now, and are now 4-4, tied for FIRST in the Atlantic. :D Coach Stevens made some changes, starting rookie center Kelly Olynyk the last 2 games and he is doing great. I like that kid, voted by the GMs as the steal of the draft.

And the Celtics win again! What is going on? They were being picked to win 20-25 games this year. They are disappointing many Boston fans who wanted to see them tank to get into the lottery. They could easily be 6-2 right now. No Rondo yet either. The East is so bad.......do they actually have a chance?

You beat me by a few minutes in posting. :)

What's going on? I really don't know and never expected this. Must be the new college coach, who btw, steered Butler to the Finals with Gordon Hayward 3 years ago.

You beat me by a few minutes in posting. :)

What's going on? I really don't know and never expected this. Must be the new college coach, who btw, steered Butler to the Finals with Gordon Hayward 3 years ago.

They shot 60% from the field! Tied for 1st in the Atlantic after starting 0-4!! Its early but at least they're hustling.

They shot 60% from the field! Tied for 1st in the Atlantic after starting 0-4!! Its early but at least they're hustling.

Yeah. This sure is better than 0-8! They're young, and perfect to cope with trapping D's and they can do rotating Ds too, as their coach was a college coach who is all too familiar with traps, zones, and rotation. In the early 4 losses, they actually were in the game or even leading early but sputter in the 4th, so it was a blessing to me to know that. Now, they play 4 full quarters better.

Yes Steve. I love the game. I get pumped up when the season begins. Another local Celtics fan was wondering why I still follow the playoffs after the C's have been eliminated. He says the season ends when the C's go out. I do not subscribe to that. I love the game. I played the game competitively when I was young and it's in my blood to watch new guys out there who thrill me with their talents.

And here, a REAL funny flop by James Harden. He got fined for that. I mentioned before that I disliked players who flopped, those who just stand in the way of a driving player, who suddenly take 'position', then protect their chests with their arms to take the hit. Boy, I'd like to see these guys in the NFL being tackled to the ground for that. One remedy I see is for a player to GO for the ball and DEFEND, and not get in the way just to fall down and do an acting job. I do not recall in older days players would do that. A charging foul still shows an opponent trying to defend, and not do some Hollywood stuffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...rden-fined-5-000-flopping-204210395--nba.html

I like guys who are willing to give up their bodies to try and take charges. It's all that sissy flailing around like folks OD'ing on muscle relaxants that gets my goat. Be men not jellyfish!

I like guys who are willing to give up their bodies to try and take charges. It's all that sissy flailing around like folks OD'ing on muscle relaxants that gets my goat. Be men not jellyfish!

exactly. in the older days, a rampaging player that really barges into a well positioned player is punished. and we indeed credit the toughness of those guys in real position waiting for the wayward truck to come in. the refs, imo, have been trigger happy over the years with these so-called offensive fouls. and should i add even illegal picks are badly called these days. how many times have i seen good picks whistled as illegal picks. boy, that ruins the game, and i pity the coaches who scream their throats out but to no avail.

Pacers 8 and 0. Setting the pace. :D

Clippers/Wolves game was nice. 2 strong forwards that I like a lot - Blake and Love. Good game by both of them. DeAndre shooting an air ball on the FT. I find it odd that he's a poor FT shooter because he's got a good shooting form and release, better than Shaq or Dwight, imo. He's gonna be a target come crunch time.

Love leads the league in scoring

Dug out something bout Kevin Love. He was picked No. 5 the year DRose was first and Beasley was 2nd. I'm trying to imagine what if Miami picked him at second and LeBron and Bosh still came in.

Some more Kevin Love trivia. He holds the record for longest basketball shot. 90 feet!!!!!!!!!!!

Some more Kevin Love trivia. He holds the record for longest basketball shot. 90 feet!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome. That should be worth 9 points. :D

Pacers 8 and 0. Setting the pace. :D

Clippers/Wolves game was nice. 2 strong forwards that I like a lot - Blake and Love. Good game by both of them. DeAndre shooting an air ball on the FT. I find it odd that he's a poor FT shooter because he's got a good shooting form and release, better than Shaq or Dwight, imo. He's gonna be a target come crunch time.

That was a good game and the Clippers were fortunate to get the victory.

Two Clippers bench players played key roles - Jamal Crawford and Matt Barnes. The Timberwolves starting 5 is strong but their bench is very weak - at least based on what I saw last night. Overall the Clippers bench is not great either, especially the bigs.

Clippers have OKC at Staples on Wednesday and Brooklyn / ex-Celtics on Saturday.

That was a good game and the Clippers were fortunate to get the victory.

Two Clippers bench players played key roles - Jamal Crawford and Matt Barnes. The Timberwolves starting 5 is strong but their bench is very weak - at least based on what I saw last night. Overall the Clippers bench is not great either, especially the bigs.

Clippers have OKC at Staples on Wednesday and Brooklyn / ex-Celtics on Saturday.

It's tough to switch allegiance to one's favorite team after they move. I see you are still a Clipps fan and not a Suns fan

Still rooting for the Clippers. Have been following Eric Bledsoe with the Suns. Plan to see a couple games in Phoenix. LAC aren't here until March

Still rooting for the Clippers. Have been following Eric Bledsoe with the Suns. Plan to see a couple games in Phoenix. LAC aren't here until March

Suns are in first a half game ahead of the Clipps

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu