New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Bird was right Phil, the Pistons are tough. Gotta keep a close eye on them as the season progresses.

yeah jack. Detroit is a respectable team now.solid players out there in Motown.

Forget the Pistons

IMO the most exciting team to watch in the NBA right now is the one with the BEST record....at 22-4. The Blazers could be the sleeper in the West this year. They seem unstoppable

The Blazers have definitely been impressive this year as have the Pacers.

Clippers play the Trailblazers December 26th in Portland and that should be an interesting game.

Neil Olshey, formerly the Clippers GM, is now GM for the Trailblazers.

Pop is a funny guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...on-steals-headband-throws-190055661--nba.html

Coach Pop swears there’s no hard feelings, in spite of how things went down last spring. From Mike Monroe at the San Antonio Express-News:

“This will sound crazy because I booted him before the playoffs,” Popovich said, “but I love the guy. He lives in my neighborhood. He's a great guy. He's one of those guys who's got a great sense of humor. He's got a great heart.

“He's got a few idiosyncrasies I might not buy now and then, but he's a great kid, and he gives an edge to your basketball team.

“He's getting older, and all players when they get older have to face certain situations and change roles. He's got an opportunity to do that here with Doc (Rivers) and, hopefully, he will. I wish him nothing but great success.”

LeBron finally called for traveling on the rabbit hop. And he was like, ref, I get away with it a hundred times and now this call? :D

Great game. Fitting continuation of the Eastern powerhouse wars.

Arggg....

Pacers' last few executions had them running down the clock to low levels and take forced shots. The D of the Heat turned a notch down the line.

This is going to be some battle in the playoffs.

Double arrgggg. C's lose by 1 after leading by 19 in the first quarter. Detroit is strong. But the C's are a little strong too to lose by only 1. :D

Triple Argggghhh. Every time Wade goes on a rampage the Heat wins. WADE!!!!!!! Quadruple Arggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Arggg....

Pacers' last few executions had them running down the clock to low levels and take forced shots. The D of the Heat turned a notch down the line.

This is going to be some battle in the playoffs.

This is what happened last year, Pacers couldn't get a good shot in playoff crunch time. Paul George was running the offense, great player but not a PG. Nobody to organize them when the defense locks down. I say trade for Nash or maybe Rondo if he's ok. They need to make a move unless D Wade breaks down.

Glad to see Pistons doing ok. Hard not to like Joe Dumars and the city can use it.

This is what happened last year, Pacers couldn't get a good shot in playoff crunch time. Paul George was running the offense, great player but not a PG. Nobody to organize them when the defense locks down. I say trade for Nash or maybe Rondo if he's ok. They need to make a move unless D Wade breaks down.

True. Imagine a Rondo running the show. But his injury is still a question mark. And Hibbert will have to find a way to stay out of foul trouble. The thing about Miami is that they have shown time and again that big leads are not safe as they can make quick runs anytime, specially in the 4th. And James playing point guard is always dangerous. I still shake my head when Birdman makes a key rebound or an easy layup from his aggressive cutting inside the lane. His hustle and vertical leap can put to shame those young rookies. :D

I was hoping the C's deal with Houston would go thru. Course it may just be to get the C's to up the ante.

Last edited:
Think it is time for Kobe to call it quit.

Those injuries at his age, will make of him at best a very good player but he will never again be an extraordinary player. And despite my admiration for the man, I simply can't understand his contract extension and salary ...

The NBA crown will be for the Heat or Pacers whichever of those teams get to the Finals will win it. I hope it is the Pacers, I hate the Heat :(

Father Time and Mother Injuries. The main stoppers of athletes. I am reminded of Bird's late years in Boston. Fighting bone spurs and back pains in playoff games. That certainly affected his performance. He was never the same again since going to the Finals for 4 straight years.

I was hoping the C's deal with Houston would go thru. Course it may just be to get the C's to up the ante.

I personally am not too hot on getting Asik. His attitude of not wanting to be a bench player does not speak too well too.

True. Imagine a Rondo running the show. But his injury is still a question mark. And Hibbert will have to find a way to stay out of foul trouble. The thing about Miami is that they have shown time and again that big leads are not safe as they can make quick runs anytime, specially in the 4th. And James playing point guard is always dangerous. I still shake my head when Birdman makes a key rebound or an easy layup from his aggressive cutting inside the lane. His hustle and vertical leap can put to shame those young rookies. :D

Yep, the Heat regularly win in the 4th quarter wiping out whatever happened before. I think though w/Rondo, who I'd expect the Celts to trade if he's healthy/tradeable, or someone like him, the Pacers can take out the Heat. Would've last yr w/a good PG, too big and too deep. The talent dropoff after Lebron and Wade is steep and they're small. I think in a better NBA, they don't win back-to-backs; just too thin on talent and this coming from someone who think Lebron is the most talented player in history.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu