New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

After the Knicks massacre, the Nets have piled up a 3 game winning streak after beating the Clippers soundly tonight.. And are now even threatening to take the first place from the C's. :D

The Clippers have been playing very poorly of late - can't shoot worth a darn.

One has to wonder if Odom's career can ever be revived to his championship years, and we're talking of just a few years ago. Since that LAL trade failure, he has never been the same again, and now this, on a personal level. One of the fastest slides from champion to bust I've seen in recent times. In this regard, I am reminded of James Posey who went from champion to a team for more money, became insignificant in that team, and went on to another team, and then disappeared altogether, also in swift fashion. On the other side of the coin, I can't help but marvel at Birdman Anderson's career, which I virtually didn't notice in his early years till those tatoos and wild mohawk hairstyle in Denver. His career moved upwards culminating in a championship ring. I was telling my son that imagine Barkley, Ewing, Karl Malone, among others, never got a ring, and here you have Birdman getting one, and actually earned that one too, he played his role very well last season.

IMO the biggest surprise this year is the Blazers with the 2nd best record in the league. They handled the Rockets with ease last night

And last night, the Blazers totally destroyed the Sixers via a historical record 21 3's. Aldridge is playing his best ball this season, with the 4 other starters playing solid ball. Refreshing my memory about Aldridge, I found out that in 2006 he was selected 2nd overall by the Chicago Bulls who then traded his rights to Portland for Tyrus Thomas (4th overall pick), and Viktor Khryapa, Had Aldridge not been traded, he would have teamed up with DRose in 2008 and onwards, and that would have been some combination.

Interesting stats I saw thus far in this season:
C's are average, and the Bobcats actually has a strong D but they don't score much. :D D'Antoni's D, as usual, is giving up a lot. :D But the Sixers are even worse.

Offense Defense Difference

Spurs 103.3, 93.2 +10.1
Pacers 97.8, 89.5 +8.3
Heat 103.1, 96.1 +7.0
Blazers 107.8, 100.3 +7.5
OKC 105.9, 98.7 +7.2

Sixers 101.9, 110.4 -8.5
Celtics 94.8, 95.7 -0.9
Lakers 100.5, 103.5 -3.0
Bobcats 90.4, 92.5 -2.1

And last night, the Blazers totally destroyed the Sixers via a historical record 21 3's. Aldridge is playing his best ball this season, with the 4 other starters playing solid ball. Refreshing my memory about Aldridge, I found out that in 2006 he was selected 2nd overall by the Chicago Bulls who then traded his rights to Portland for Tyrus Thomas (4th overall pick), and Viktor Khryapa, Had Aldridge not been traded, he would have teamed up with DRose in 2008 and onwards, and that would have been some combination.

And Larry Brown coach of the Knicks was in love with Thomas. Great talent assessment by the Knicks as usual.

Thanks Jack. :) Nice one. For a guy whom I know doesn't talk much, Bird sure said a lot this time. And yeah, I forgive him for 'snatching' David West away from the C's that year. :D Heck, even Bill Sharman went on to coach the Lakers. :) We are keeping our fingers crossed on the Pacers' run this season, and keep those wins coming. Remember the Home Court! :D

And the Celtics continue to surprise me by beating a strong Timberwolves team. :D

I'm trying to adjust to seeing my supposed tanking and rebuilding team lord it over in the Atlantic. When Rondo comes back, we may get better still. :)

Clippers beat the Spurs tonight 115 - 92. Nice victory!

Blake is getting his post moves in and making points. That's where he should be. He's gotta have a pet signature post move or drive to the hoop, he's so strong he's hard to stop.

How bad is the Eastern Conference? Just last week, or maybe the other week, one Jordan (not Jamaal) Crawford was named Eastern Player of the Week for averaging more than 20 points a game that week. :D In case nobody knows, Crawford is playing for the Atlantic Division leader Celtics. :D

And the Celtics continue to surprise me by beating a strong Timberwolves team. :D

I'm trying to adjust to seeing my supposed tanking and rebuilding team lord it over in the Atlantic. When Rondo comes back, we may get better still. :)

The Celtics have done better than expected - Brad Stevens may turn out to be a good NBA coach. Hope Rondo plays well and isn't a chemistry killer like Kobe has been since coming back.

The Celtics have done better than expected - Brad Stevens may turn out to be a good NBA coach. Hope Rondo plays well and isn't a chemistry killer like Kobe has been since coming back.

When Rondo comes back, 'point guard' Jordan Crawford will be coming off the bench. To shoot like a microwave. :D And guys like Jeff Green, Sullinger, and Bass will benefit from Rondo's playmaking. I have high hopes for Sully and rookie Kelly Olynyk, hope they stay healthy. These 2 are future backbones of the C's.

Big game tonight, as the Pacers visit the Heat. One full game will be added up to the winning team.

Bird was right Phil, the Pistons are tough. Gotta keep a close eye on them as the season progresses.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu