New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

So as a Clippers fan where do you figure they're going to end in the west. It's not that they don't have the players to win the west but rather the players experience. Doc is great for them. Maybe he'll hire Dantoni next year to run the Defense :)

Didn't get to see the Clippers game tonight versus Houston. They won the game but lost Blake Griffin to back spasms in the first quarter. Then Doc sent Big Baby to the locker room after an emotional outburst from Davis. Figures I had to miss the game with all these fireworks.

Don't think Mike D'antoni will be coaching defense for the Clippers next year but it was kind of you to offer. :)

Seems the Clippers have a good shot to fiinish third in the standings in the West - whether they can get past OKC and/or San Antonio in the playoffs.....don't know. Hope so.

Then Doc sent Big Baby to the locker room after an emotional outburst from Davis. Figures I had to miss the game with all these fireworks.

Once a Baby always a baby. :D

With Griffin and Jamal Crawford sitting out with injuries, the Clippers still beat the Timberwolves tonight. I had chalked this game up as a loss. Looked to me like the Wolves have packed it up for the season.

Big Baby played - 4 minutes only - as the Clips played small ball. Darren Collison lead the Clippers with 28 points.

Kevin Love has got to play through another whole year of misery with the Wolves till end of next season. Then, he's going to be a prized free agent. Every contender would want him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with the Lakers. Great ball player stuck in a bad situation in Minnesota. He has roots in LA - from the Beach Boys to UCLA.

In the meantime, the Celtics still have a good chance of landing into the worst 3 bracket, and a good shot at the top pick. 3 more losses and 3 more wins by the Magic can do it, for starters. :)

darn

woke up this morning to find the Heat in first place in the east as the Pacers skid continues as they lose 3 in a row and 6 of their last 10

Spurs meanwhile keep on ticking and own an 18 game win streak. Are they the Great White Hope

And somehow the Nets have found some success in a small lineup due to their injuries. Pierce and Joe Johnson at 3 and 4 is creating some problems for the opposition. Both can pass and shoot and it's making Deron's job easier. Plumlee is rock solid, literally, at center. In all likelihood Nets are in the playoffs at 4th or 5th seed.

And somehow the Nets have found some success in a small lineup due to their injuries. Pierce and Joe Johnson at 3 and 4 is creating some problems for the opposition. Both can pass and shoot and it's making Deron's job easier. Plumlee is rock solid, literally, at center. In all likelihood Nets are in the playoffs at 4th or 5th seed.

The Nets have really turned it around. If the Knicks make it to the playoffs it would be fun to watch a Nets - Knicks series.

The Nets have really turned it around. If the Knicks make it to the playoffs it would be fun to watch a Nets - Knicks series.

And it would be jaw-dropping to see the Knicks enter the playoff by the skin of its teeth, and win its first round, simply because Phil Jackson is sitting on top of the team. A Willis Reed emotional moment.

Kidd and Pop were coaches of the month. Nets were 10-3 in January, 7-5 in Feb and 11-4 in March.

Nets could be as high as 3rd. They play the Knicks at the Garden tonight.

Don't forget the tandem of Blatche and Plumlee. Pierce is playing like a veteran. The real unmentioned player for the Nets has been Shaun Livingston!

Kidd and Pop were coaches of the month. Nets were 10-3 in January, 7-5 in Feb and 11-4 in March.

Don't forget the tandem of Blatche and Plumlee. Pierce is playing like a veteran. The real unmentioned player for the Nets has been Shaun Livingston!

I know I'm dreaming but picture a script that writes the Knicks get into 8th spot on the last day, plays Miami on round 1, and knocks off Miami in 6 games. :D I'm gonna want to fly to NYC to celebrate. :D

Pierce is a warrior. He's shown it. Despite is smallish size, he knows how to use his body to protect the ball when penetrating towards the hoop. He's slow at his age now but the younger defenders can't seem to stop him that easily.
Gotta credit Kidd for utilizing Livingston and Anderson, 2 guys whom I've never known till this season. If KG gets back in from injury, he could actually destabilize the team chemistry.

I always root for Shaun Livingston. He was drafted out of high school by the Clippers and played for them for three years until he suffered a horrendous knee injury. Seemed like it was a career ending injury but he's perservered and made an incredible comeback. Glad to see he's doing so well with the Nets.

I always root for Shaun Livingston. He was drafted out of high school by the Clippers and played for them for three years until he suffered a horrendous knee injury. Seemed like it was a career ending injury but he's perservered and made an incredible comeback. Glad to see he's doing so well with the Nets.

Yep, on the order of the injury suffered by Dante Culpepper.

Makes me shake my head, even though I'm a Celtics fan. :D

Report: Lakers leaning toward keeping Mike D’Antoni

Dan Feldman

Apr 2, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
41 Comments
Phoenix Suns v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Kobe Bryant reportedly wanted Mike D’Antoni fired. Pau Gasol and D’Antoni have had their run-ins. As have Chris Kaman and D’Antoni.

Oh, and the Lakers stink. At 25-49, they’re on pace for their worst record in 54 years.

Momentum appears to be squarely against D’Antoni – though not necessarily in the Lakers’ front office.

Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report:

D’Antoni has one more guaranteed season left on his Lakers contract, and the club is leaning toward retaining him despite some privately disgruntled players and massive public disdain. It’s not clear which way the Lakers will go with him.

The first sentence is very useful information. The second sentence is a pretty major qualifier. It sounds as if the Lakers are somewhere in the vicinity of 55-45 for keeping D’Antoni – hardly odds that justify betting big money on D’Antoni’s return.

There is no doubt D’Antoni, the 2004-05 Coach of the Year, was a great coach. His high-tempo Suns won 62, 54, 61 and 55 games between 2004-05 and 2007-08.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, D’Antoni should be tickled. Since D’Antoni’s peak Phoenix offenses took the league by storm, other teams are playing faster and shooting more 3-pointers

D’Antoni was ahead of his time, which leads to the question… How good a coach is D’Antoni now?

Maybe his schematic advantage has slipped since other coaches have caught onto the value of playing quickly and shooting 3s. That leaves D’Antoni to set himself apart by continuously innovating and better teach his schemes.

But it seems D’Antoni’s message is already wearing thin in Los Angeles – though thanks to the coach’s agent, Kaman is talking a much softer tone now – and players don’t tend to listen better with more time.

The factor most working in D’Antoni’s favor: The Lakers might settle for one more rebuilding year next season – getting younger and avoiding the luxury tax (and delaying repeater penalties) before a loaded 2015 free agent class that includes Kevin Love. If they do that, they as might as well keep D’Antoni rather than paying two coaches. Plus, they’ll be better positioned to hire a new coach a year later when the team is better.

I doubt that plan would sit well with Kobe, who wants to contend immediately. So, if the Lakers keep D’Antoni due to rebuilding, it could cause a rift between the coach and the team’s biggest star.

In other words, the Lakers are weighing paying an extra few million for coaching and the odds of internal combustion. Not a fun choice, but it would at least be understandable why they’d keep D’Antoni.

Lakers are in a tough spot. I was a D’Antoni fan back in his days in Phoenix. Those teams were really fun to watch.

He can't take all of the blame for the problems with the Lakers this year but he hasn't been much help either.

A full year of Kobe and D’Antoni (and a patchwork team) next season would be volatile, just a question of time before it explodes.

Knicks are murdering the Nets tonight. Of course they have more to play for. Maybe the Nets hope that if the Knicks make the playoffs as the 8th seed, they could knock the Heat off for them :)

Knicks are murdering the Nets tonight. Of course they have more to play for. Maybe the Nets hope that if the Knicks make the playoffs as the 8th seed, they could knock the Heat off for them :)

Exactly. Ainge also hoped that by shipping Pierce and KG to the Nets, it could help ruffle some feathers in the East, specifically on the Heat. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu