New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Andrew Bynum has missed the Pacers’ last four games with knee issues

Well I guess the Pacers are now supporting this malingerer

I'd think he's done in the league now. Dumb as some GMs appear to be, I can't imagine anyone signing him after the year is over. His knees may be shot in any case, but like everything else, he obviously hasn't taken rehab seriously.

Andrew Bynum has missed the Pacers’ last four games with knee issues

Well I guess the Pacers are now supporting this malingerer

Too bad....I was looking forward to the Andrew Bynum versus Greg Oden battle in the playoffs and hoping that Oden would dominate Bynum.

Clippers drop one to the Pelicans tonight in New Orleans 98 to 96. Chris Paul held to 2 points on free throws, didn't make a single shot from the floor.

Anthony Morrow had 27 points for the Pelicans. Anthony Davis has 16 points, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks - he is going to be an outstanding player.

Bulls' Rose in non-contact drills; won't play again this season

Posted Mar 26, 2014 8:35 PM - Updated Mar 26, 2014 9:04 PM
CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau says star Derrick Rose has been participating in non-contact drills in practice as he tries to work his way back from his second major knee injury.

Thibodeau also told reporters at practice Wednesday that the former MVP point guard will not play again this season, something the organization has said several times since he went down.
Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. He sat out last year while recovering from surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee

Pacers beat Heat in a thriller. Preview of things to come. Tension is the name of the game when these 2 teams meet. George Hill, a good shooter, missed 2 free throws with 2 seconds left.

Too bad....I was looking forward to the Andrew Bynum versus Greg Oden battle in the playoffs and hoping that Oden would dominate Bynum.

Knee injuries to big men really slows them down. I can imagine Oden's knees cant' be stressed so much to run the floor up and down for defense. He's been playing low minutes when he does.

Knee injuries to big men really slows them down. I can imagine Oden's knees cant' be stressed so much to run the floor up and down for defense. He's been playing low minutes when he does.

Friend of mine who used to work for the NBA was behind the scenes at the draft Oden's year -- said it was difficult to just watch him walk down a hallway. Had a gait that looked like he was compensating for some pain or old injuries.

Think about it. :) The joint where the two longest bones in the body meet and then realize all the stresses there. And it's far from a simple hinge joint :) Couple that with their weight (every pound overweight adds four pounds of stress to the joint), they are overtrained (eg. never any take time off), play on asphalt, concrete and other hard surfaces, etc. and you begin to get the pic. One of my clients used to do the work ups/MRIs for NBA rookies of one team and said their knees already looked like 50 year old men.

Think about it. :) The joint where the two longest bones in the body meet and then realize all the stresses there. And it's far from a simple hinge joint :) Couple that with their weight (every pound overweight adds four pounds of stress to the joint), they are overtrained (eg. never any take time off), play on asphalt, concrete and other hard surfaces, etc. and you begin to get the pic. One of my clients used to do the work ups/MRIs for NBA rookies of one team and said their knees already looked like 50 year old men.

Of the big men I can think of with knee/leg injuries that shortened their careers, I can add Bill Walton and Sam Bowie. At least Bill played long enough for 2 championship rings. Makes me more amazed with the longevity of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. He took care of his body, and his basketball career well without having to bulk up, and fought through the paint with heavier and burlier big men, and yet scored so much and won so much. A lean big who bulked up, like Yao Ming, ended up with nagging foot injuries that ultimately ended his career.

Clippers eeked out a victory against the Mavericks in Dallas tonight 109 - 103 . Playoff intensity game as the Mavs try to stay in the playoff hunt and the Clips stay barely ahead of the Rockets.

Big game coming up on Saturday - Clippers vs Rockets in Houston.

Spurs keep on ticking like the Duracell bunny with a 16 game win streak and looking invincible. I really hope this is their year as Pop should be Coach of the Year

Pacers on the other hand are just looking ordinary in the east

Just for the heck of it Lakers showed up in Minnesota and were trashed by K Love and his triple double to win by 36

Spurs keep on ticking like the Duracell bunny with a 16 game win streak and looking invincible. I really hope this is their year as Pop should be Coach of the Year

Pacers on the other hand are just looking ordinary in the east

It's amazing how Pop has transformed the 'old' Spurs into a very well oiled and fluid machine. I've seen this 'old' team run the floor up and down many times and Duncan is in really great shape and really is one of the most heady players I've seen in this league. I want to see them win one too this year.

Pacers seem to have lost a little chemistry since the arrival of Evan Turner. It happens but in due time they should be able to jell again. Doc, on the other hand, has not been giving Granger much playing time. 10 more games left and we will see the playoffs, then the all important DRAFT. :D

It's amazing how Pop has transformed the 'old' Spurs into a very well oiled and fluid machine. I've seen this 'old' team run the floor up and down many times and Duncan is in really great shape and really is one of the most heady players I've seen in this league. I want to see them win one too this year.

Pacers seem to have lost a little chemistry since the arrival of Evan Turner. It happens but in due time they should be able to jell again. Doc, on the other hand, has not been giving Granger much playing time. 10 more games left and we will see the playoffs, then the all important DRAFT. :D

Doc sent Danny Granger back to LA after he tweaked his hamsting in the game against the Mavericks. He'll be out the last three games of this road trip.

Doc sent Danny Granger back to LA after he tweaked his hamsting in the game against the Mavericks. He'll be out the last three games of this road trip.

Ah, I see now.

So as a Clippers fan where do you figure they're going to end in the west. It's not that they don't have the players to win the west but rather the players experience. Doc is great for them. Maybe he'll hire Dantoni next year to run the Defense :)

So as a Clippers fan where do you figure they're going to end in the west. It's not that they don't have the players to win the west but rather the players experience. Doc is great for them. Maybe he'll hire Dantoni next year to run the Defense :)

Dantoni - for a while there I thought he was a highly touted college coach that I didn't know about. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu