New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

And one more thing I noticed in the Miami bench. Eddie House, member of the '08 Celtics Championship team, is just a suited-up cheerleader. I mean, if he even plays when Miller and Bibby gets cold, he can rain in 3's, unless Spoelstra is feeling that House forgot how to shoot anymore.

Another amazing comeback win by Dallas to enter the Finals. Such focus. Good luck to them!

A look at last year's and this year's Dallas team roster shows that basically they are the same players except for the departure of Josh Howard and the arrival of Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic. The coach was still Rick Calisle. Interestingly, Dallas went out in the First round last year 4-2 vs the Spurs. This year, with the addition of Chandler and Peja they are going to the Finals. On the east, of course everyone knows the addition of the Big 2 free agents made them one game away from the Finals, after exiting in the first round at the hands of the C's 4-1. So these 2 teams are pretty much similar in their player movements and playoff successes. Only a miracle by Chicago will prevent their showdown. Next season, teams should be looking at the potential free agent acquisitions. They can cook up a winner.

Go Mavs!

C.png

Maybe on some nights, Jim is coaching ;)

Rick, btw, is an ex-Celtic, being drafted 23rd in the THIRD ROUND (boy, do they still draft people now in the 3rd round?). He has a championship ring in 1986 as a Celtic and was a very good buddy of Larry Bird then. Which might explain why he was an easy choice for GM Larry Bird to hire him as coach of the Pacers in 2003. He won the Coach of the Year in 2002. If he wins the title this season, he would have established himself as a premier coach of the league.

Heat wil likely wins.. Talent level and intensity too deep . Now they are focused on Defense and now Bosh is scoring .. Scarry ! I don't like them but they are posied to win because they have arguably the two best players in the NBA .. In term of pure talent and chievment Kobe remains on top .. This year wasn't one of his best and if one were to chose the best shooting guard this year in the NBA, that should be DWade .. Miami possess, in spite of its interior game weakness, a brutal and crushing combo ''' OKC don't look good .. Chicago relies too much on Rose .. The Boozer trade didn't pan out well ..

I will resign myself to celebrate in Miami :(

Shouldn't care that much, but such is being a sports fan: will be nauseated by LeBron's grin if the Heat win after 'The Decision' fiasco.

A thought just came to me, IF Miami goes on to meet Dallas for the championship, I feel that the pressure now will mount on James' shoulder much more so that with Dirk. Dirk will want redemption and that is his motivation. But Lebron will think that if he ever loses that series, the whole basketball press would be eating him alive, and that is the pressure that he has to cope. He will come into the series as a marching victor-to-be, while Dirk will just try his best. Two leaders, one mission, but different agendas. That should be fun to watch.

Last edited:
Tough loss. It was all James & Wade against a Rose. The duo connected and Rose didn't. That's how the ball rolls. On to the Finals. I'm rooting for Dirk et al for redemption. I wonder who the oddsmaker in Vegas has as underdog. Miami has homecourt that that is an advantage.

Last edited:
Miami is likely to win .. I tend to see Dallas as a Jum Shooting team .. I would have loved to see a Lakers _ Heat series .. Too bad .. Now I will have to suffer Lebron's revenge .. He seems he will get his Ring very quickly ...

Imo, Dallas is the underdog. Looking at their players, I can only see Shawn Marion defending James. At 33 years old, James will tire him in 2 quarters. And James will have his shooting spree again. His point output may be neutralized by Dirk's output, but when Wade and Bosh scores 20+, Dallas can only count of Jason Terry to score 20+, and maybe Marion, which is not his usual output. In short, Dallas needs to shut down Miami's offense because they cannot outshoot the Heat. Kidd and Stevenson can shadow Wade but James will have a feast just like he did to the Bulls, considering the Bulls have Deng and Brewer already.

We Mav rooters ought to take faith in Barkley's prediction. OTOH, we have van Gundy's Heat prediction. Mavs needs all the inspiration they can get to salvage a split in Miami. If not, Miami at 2-0 is poised to do what they did to Boston, hold serve and do a split on the road. 3-1. Great formula to end the series in the next game.

While there are 4 more days to wait for game 1 of the finals, I just thought of a question which I had been curious of for a while. Suppose a coach has a 5 year contract of $2 million each year. And he was fired after 2 years. Is is mandatory or legally binding for the owner to pay him $2m/yr for the next 3 years, or the coach just gets nothing after being fired?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu