New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

It seems to me that the big difference is that Chris Bosch is showing up.....and then there were three :(

True. Honestly, in the few times that I've seen him play at Toronto, I never really saw that he could make shots beyond the foul line. I thought he was more of an interior pop shot guy but now he has shown he has more up his sleeves and he can drive in for the dunk. And Noah, as pesky as he is, cannot seem to contain him.

Also, I can see that the immaturity of the Bulls is showing. Some of them are taunting Heat players and the Heat somehow are not affected. Amazingly , the defense of the Heat is challenging ALL outside shots of the Bull snipers when normally a coach would be happy to let them have the low percentage outside shots. Which explains why Korver, Deng, and even Rose's outside shooting have been suffering these last 2 games. I now recall the tough defense of Pat Riley when he was coaching the NYK, it was a suffocating and rotating defense anchored on Ewing, Mason, and Oakley. And after seeing a clip of him giving instructions to Spoelstra in a team practice, I begin to sense Riley's imprint on the play of the Heat. It is now clear he didn't have to step down to coach - he is the 'master mind'.

Unbelievable comeback! Down 15 with 5 minutes in 4th, Dallas sends it to OT. Wow!

And Dallas actually won. 3-1 now. Barkley must be smiling.

I'm sorry, but Scott Brooks should be fired. Does anyone remember the triple OT game against Memphis? OKC calls time out at the end of regulation. The play Brooks draws up has Westbrook shooting a fade away 3 from the corner. Ridiculous. At the end of the 1st OT, OKC again calls time out. The play Brooks draws up has KD shooting a 30 footer.

Fast forward to today. Down the stretch, coming out of a timeout, the play Brooks draws up has Sefolosha shooting a 3 from the corner. Sefolosha? Give me a f&^%ing break. After Nowitski ties the game by hitting 2 free throws, OKC calls timeout. The play Brooks draws up again has KD shooting a 30 footer! Unf&^%ing believable! (That it was blocked by the Matrix is irrelevant.)

If a head coach draws up these kinds of plays at the end of games, he doesn't deserve the job. I'm glad Dallas won. OKC doesn't deserve to go to the finals.

As a sidenote: the OKC fans showed a lot of class. With just a few seconds left in OT, and with Dallas having secured the victory, the fans started chanting "OKC. OKC." The fans knew then and there they would not be seeing their team play again this season on their home court, but they still wanted to show their appreciation. Class all the way. Those fans deserve a better coach than Scott Brooks.

I agree, Ron. Those were terrible plays after a timeout, and the coach is the one to blame on this one. One of the worst meltdowns I've seen in playoff history.

And how bout Jason Kidd? What a story. Drafted Number 2 overall in 1994 by Dallas itself. What a homecoming of sorts after moving around 3 different teams and now back at Dallas. At 38 years of age, out-sprinting even the 20+year olds in running the break. I was telling my son during the game that I seldom see his opponents steal the ball from him. He's bull-strong for a point guard and has a fantastic basketball sense in knowing and anticipating where his teammates are going to be and boom, the assist. No wonder Cuban loves this guy. And he even made a key 3 point shot down the stretch for a clutch hit. 17 points today when his season average is only 8.

OKC got where they are in spite of Scott Brooks .. What happened yesterday should seal his fate as the worst coach in this playoff... Looks like Miami will win it all ... I don't see how Dallas or OKC can beat them ..or Chicago if the Bulls manage to squeak by ...

well looks like probably Heat s Mavs with home court advantage to the East

Well, looks that way, though am still hoping Chicago regain some strength and balance as still they need to win one on their home in Game 5, even it it was 2-2. Miami peaked in the playoffs, and Bosh, imo, has performed the best in his career now, hitting 30s points in at least 2 games. Miller was their hero ala Haslem he other day. Chicago so far had produced none after game 1, with Korver, Gibson, and Watson disappearing. How they wish they had an MJ kind of guy now.

We're seeing the proverbial 3 heads are better than 1 thingy. Rose is now like an Allen Iverson who was controlled by the LA defense to win a championship. At least in these last 2 games he was. He wanted to dish out but his other teammates just weren't having a good night. Coach Thibs has his work cut out for him in trying to stop the Big 3 and let his MVP go loose. Looking at Dallas, the Mavs might not even have the answer to stop the Big 3.

Looking at Dallas, the Mavs might not even have the answer to stop the Big 3

not so sure I agree esp if Mavs steal one of the first two in Miami. The Mavs turn around last game from down 15 with 5 minutes to go and then win in OT is a sign of a champion

not so sure I agree esp if Mavs steal one of the first two in Miami. The Mavs turn around last game from down 15 with 5 minutes to go and then win in OT is a sign of a champion

That's true, Steve. I hope Dallas wins it all this year and give it all they've got.

Source: Lakers agree to hire Brown

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 18 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached agreement in principle to hire Mike Brown as their next coach, a league source with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.
Mike Brown is a coaching candidate for the Lakers and Warriors. A close league friend told Yahoo! Sports, "He really wants this [the Lakers job] to happen."

Brown will receive a four-year, $18 million contract, the source said. The final season is at the team’s option.

Brown replaces Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson, who retired after the Lakers were swept by the Dallas Mavericks in the second round of the playoffs. Brown previously coached the Cleveland Cavaliers before he was fired in the summer of 2010. He went 272-138 in five seasons in Cleveland.

Lakers vice president Jim Buss conducted the search, with his father, Jerry, and general manager Mitch Kupchak assisting the owner’s son, sources said.

Los Angeles had considered longtime assistant Brian Shaw and Houston Rockets coach Rick Adelman, but the focus narrowed to Brown, who spent this season as an NBA analyst for ESPN.

The Lakers and Brown’s representation spent Tuesday discussing salary and length of contract before agreeing to terms on Wednesday.

A close league friend of Brown’s told Yahoo! Sports, “He really wants this [the Lakers job] to happen.”

The Golden State Warriors also had Brown atop the list to fill their vacancy for several weeks.

Brown led the Cavaliers to the 2007 NBA Finals, and won the Coach of the Year award in 2009. His Cavaliers teams were among the best defensive units in the league, which Lakers management seems determined to find in a replacement for Jackson. Nevertheless, there were often criticisms of Brown’s offensive system. Brown had an up-and-down relationship with LeBron James, who appeared to lose faith in Brown near the end of their tenure together.

Brown takes over a Lakers team that had reached the NBA Finals three consecutive years – winning titles in 2009 and ’10 – before being swept by the Mavericks in this season’s second round.

If Bosh can do to Dirk what he did to KG we're in trouble Phil. Like I said at WS, for sentimental reasons, I'm rooting for Dallas too.

If Bosh can do to Dirk what he did to KG we're in trouble Phil. Like I said at WS, for sentimental reasons, I'm rooting for Dallas too.

That's true, Jack. I never thought Bosh would be what he is today. I'm quite surprised by his strong showing. Even in '06, I was rooting for Dallas, more so now. And I think Kidd's and Chandler's presence now could spell the difference between then and now. I just hope they find a way to stop the Big 3 from rampaging in point production. Even Thibodeau's vaunted defensive genius has not been stopping them 3, so far.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu