New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Seeing Barea, I'm not surprised he was clotheslined. That guy is PESKY!

This is a type of guy that I hope Danny Ainge gets for Boston soon. Barea is one heck of a guard. Even Nate Robinson wasn't that effective last season for the C's. Barea looks small but he's actually listed as 6'0".

Including shoes and 3 pairs of socks I bet. ;)

Including shoes and 3 pairs of socks I bet. ;)

Haha.. can you believe that if we met him, we both would have to stare up to him? ;) (by a couple if inches)

JJ's Stats:

2011 Playoffs Statistics

PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 8.09

Born: Jun 26, 1984
Height: 6-0 / 1.83
Weight: 175 lbs. / 79.4 kg.
College: Northeastern
Years Pro: 4

Tommorrow (tonight for you guys in the States), I'm excited to watch game 2 between the Heat and the Bull's. For once, I'm excited in a non-Celtic playoff game. ;) Let's see how Spoestra frees up James from Deng. And if Wade will tire out after guarding Rose. There will be adjustments on the Heat camp. They still feel they have one more chance to steal home court, and head to Miami feeling pretty good. One game can spell the difference. If Heat wins, they have the comfort of being able to lose one and win one a home and have the series still tied. But then again, they wouldn't have home court come game 7.

And Dirk now has a great feeder in the un-aging Jason Kidd. Even with Chicago or Miami, he poses a match-up problem.
I didn't watch any Bulls vs. Mavs games this year, but if there is one guy in the league who is tall enough, quick enough and excels in defense it is Noah.

Hope we get to see that matchup. Bulls need to keep hammering inside to win tonight.

Agreed. Too smart for OKC, this season anyway. Westbrook needs to develop a bit more.

I'll take the Bulls over the Mavs. I don't think slowing Dirk is more difficult than Wade or LBJ, though he is a better shooter.

Far from ready to declare the Bulls/Heat over yet though.

Heat defense shores up. Bulls not shooting well.

And a guy named Haslem comes out to spook the Bulls.

Haslem was the difference in tonight's game IMO

Too bad for the Bulls as I thought they were going to go 2-0

Yeah, Steve. Haslem was the x-factor, a man whom the Bulls never got prepared for. He was scrapping for rebounds and making key shots to keep them close and even lead. He was a member of the 2006 championship team that beat Dallas so he knows pressure and winning. Time for Coach Thibs to re-adjust for game 3. Rose was missing free throws, throwing forced 3's down the stretch, something that he normally does not do. They seem rattled by the tight defense of Miami as well. And of course, James is showing why he is the main attraction as a free agent by hitting those 3's and 2's down the last minutes, something he did in the Boston series as well. Boozer disappeared altogether.

So Haslem got healthy just in time eh? We've got a horse race in the east now too.

It looks tight in the east. 7th game is like a normal expectation unless Miami wins 2 straight at home to make it 3-1. From there they should move into the Finals. Haslem is one of the few who became a hero after a serious injury, being on the DL for such a long time, and blending well at that. In the meantime, in the 'whatever happened to _______' category, whatever happened to Eddie House. Big time sniper down the stretch for the C's in '08, I don't even see him on the bench.

Only consolation for me is that the Bulls can't play any worse. Miami's D was obviously good, but Bulls stopped running any kind of offense. No pick 'n rolls which worked very well with Boozer in Game 1. Should have tried w/Korver in game two. Also, with Miami extending their defense so far out to trap, either the middle of the floor (top of the key area) or baseline cuts are open, but the Bulls didn't respond well w/ball movement.

Only consolation for me is that the Bulls can't play any worse.

I agree. Very early on, Bulls were missing their outside shots, unlike in Game 1 where everything they threw up basically went in. Bulls missed 10 free throws, which could have sent the game into OT. Too many overdribbling instead of short snappy passing to the inside man. There was even a 4th quarter 3 point shot of Korver that was inside the hoop but rattled out! I knew they were not going to win this game. Same as when Pierce missed the final shot on regulation in game 4 that sent the game to OT, I knew inside the C's would lose the game. Lady luck simply was not smiling. Another note is that the Bulls did lose game 1 at home to Atlanta, so it's nothing new. It's a 7 game series so they have to prove they can win on the road to advance to the Finals.

Near halftime and this OKC-Dallas game is looking like yesterday's Heat-Bulls game, close and tight.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu