New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

That was one amazing 4th Quarter last night. A bloody see-saw battle with "We The North" digging deep for the win. CAVS can't seem to win at Jurassic Park...I believe this is 4 straight losses for them in Toronto.

well, their goes the "annihilation" of the Raptors ... now TRex has to limp back for #5 in Cleveland, where they better win ...

In the end I think the CAVS will still take it, but I'd love for it to go 7.

The path to the Warriors-Cavs showdown is fraught with perils. I believe the Cavs and the Warriors will prevail in the end, both suitably tired however thanks to these pesky Thunders and Raptors.

Sports is filled with underdog Champions. No matter what the pundits project....never count out the underdog.

I'm rooting for the Raptors John
:)

Steve, you'd be amazed at the support the Raptors get in Toronto, and not just now. Obviously the excitement has been elevated this year, but their base support has been there for quite some time.

:)

Steve, you'd be amazed at the support the Raptors get in Toronto, and not just now. Obviously the excitement has been elevated this year, but their base support has been there for quite some time.

yes, but this year was different, they needed to prove they could win when it matters most ... the playoffs.

And that they have, so no matter what happens, a stepping stone ... best Raptor season to date.

yes, but this year was different, they needed to prove they could win when it matters most ... the playoffs.

And that they have, so no matter what happens, a stepping stone ... best Raptor season to date.
Absolutely!

I hate to say it, but it's true. Canadian teams (Raptors, Blue Jays) need to win a championship first before they are taken somewhat seriously by the U.S.press, and even then they don't get the respect they deserve. I understand it though, as there is a patriotism bias involved and Canadians aren't immune to those views either, but they should take a hint from NHL hockey. Views and opinions from pundits on both sides of the border are much more evenly balanced and based on performance.

Sorry...my rant for today!

Absolutely!

I hate to say it, but it's true. Canadian teams (Raptors, Blue Jays) need to win a championship first before they are taken somewhat seriously by the U.S.press, and even then they don't get the respect they deserve. I understand it though, as there is a patriotism bias involved and Canadians aren't immune to those views either, but they should take a hint from NHL hockey. Views and opinions from pundits on both sides of the border are much more evenly balanced and based on performance.

Sorry...my rant for today!

Very valid observations. Results will also ... result :p in top players not considering playing for Canadians cities like a demotion or even an exile... If the NBA and other sports want to globalize their league it is one stigma they need to work on. The Best players want to play for a winner, Toronto needs to win something and more often (Did the Blue Jays ever win a World Series BTW?)

Very valid observations. Results will also ... result :p in top players not considering playing for Canadians cities like a demotion or even an exile... If the NBA and other sports want to globalize their league it is one stigma they need to work on. The Best players want to play for a winner, Toronto needs to win something and more often (Did the Blue Jays ever win a World Series BTW?)

Yes! They won back-to-back World Series in 1992 and 1993. They've certainly earned their stripes and are again (woohoo) a team to be recognized with.

The EXPOS lost that opportunity for a World Series run in that strike-shortened season.

Yes! They won back-to-back World Series in 1992 and 1993. They've certainly earned their stripes and are again (woohoo) a team to be recognized with.

Wrong phrasing I wanted to ask :" What was the last time the Blue Jays won a World Series?"

speaking of memory, I still remember the lame expansion deal ... Raptor should have received the 1996 first round pick, but the league had made an "expansion agreement" in which the Raptors and or Grizzlies could not pick 1st from 96-98. Later, when the NBA expanded within the US, that "deal" was nullified. (sigh)

Alright then.

Let's see if you guys remember this......

Who remembers the Toronto Maple Leafs AAA ball club that played at CNE Stadium. The club was owned by Jack Kent Cooke who also owned radio station CKEY and race horse Northern Dancer before he moved to LA and bought the Lakers and Kings only to sell and buy the Washington Redskins. Now that's a walk down memory lane

speaking of memory, I still remember the lame expansion deal ... Raptor should have received the 1996 first round pick, but the league had made an "expansion agreement" in which the Raptors and or Grizzlies could not pick 1st from 96-98. Later, when the NBA expanded within the US, that "deal" was nullified. (sigh)
Sad, but true!

However, first-round picks don't always work out anyway. There have been many players in all of the Big 4 that didn't like the team who picked them for a myriad of personal reasons. One of the worst examples was Eric Lindros who refused to play for the Quebec Nordiques and was then traded to the Philadelphia Flyers. He was one of the most highly touted players coming out of Junior in years, but he never lived up to the hype.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing