New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I am happy that Mike D'Antonio is doing well in Houston. Always loved his Phoenix Suns teams. He's had a tough way to go with the Lakers and Knicks.

Only problem for me is that James Harden plays there. Not a fan of his. It is good to see SG Eric Gordon, former Clipper, doing well in Houston - the guy is finally healthy!

As for the Clippers - things aren't looking good at the moment.

Happy to see LeBron hold Dan Gilbert's feet to the fire - not a Gilbert fan.....not that its easy to love LeBron either. :)

Just finished reading George Karl's new book, Furious George.

As with most books by sports figures, it was a quick read.

He was very direct in the book, as you may have heard, and definitely didn't pull any punches.

He took direct shots at a number of players, Carmelo, Kenyon Martin and JR Smith in particular. Since I am not a Carmelo Anthony fan, his Melo comments were among my favorite parts of the book. Maybe I'll change my mind if Melo ends up on the Clippers and actually plays some D. ;)

I really enjoyed reading it. He covered his basketball history from high school near Pittsburgh, college at North Carolina, his playing days with the Spurs and his long coaching career from the CBA to Spain to the NBA.

He definitely told it like it was from his perspective and he had a front row seat for a long time. Great look inside the NBA from a coach's perspective.

While he was critical of many, he was also revealing of himself and acknowledged his own mistakes.

Doc Rivers said he would trade his son, Austin, if it improved the Clippers.

He also said he was happy with the team as currently constituted.

And more rants from LeBron...this time he's not pleased with the 'under-spending' of Dan Gilbert. :D

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james-cavs-owner-dan-175300146.html

"Over the last two years, when the Cavs have hit a rough patch, James hasn't been afraid to speak out on issues that are bothering him. This year seems no different, but thus far, it appears he's rubbing his GM and owner the wrong way with his critiques"

Phil,

Tread carefully my friend!!

First you take on the Mormons and now LeBron !!

Don't tempt fate. :)

Last edited:
Phil,

Tread carefully my friend!!

First you take on the Mormons and now LeBron !!

Don't tempt fate. :)

Well, for the record, I was rooting for Utah in those 2 years they were in the Finals. Poor end game execution in that final 3 sequences, if your ask me but it's only now that I saw the hand of Jordan in Russell's pants. I don't know how to rephrase that so I hope the Mormons understand. :D

As for the Traveling King, I can only wish he gets his wish - reunion with Chris Paul and Melo and whoever he wants and make the Cavaliers hit
$200m in salaries. And then Cleveland might think of relocating somewhere, like Las Vegas. :D

Clippers taking a brutal beating in Oakland tonight.

Saw highlights of this game, Curry was shooting like he's out of this planet. Lots of long bombs just swished the net and not even hitting the iron. That's the MVP Curry that nobody can guard. The good news for the Clippers is, Blake is playing after a minor injury. 46 points is a lot of points to lose, when you only need to lose by 1. :D

Saw highlights of this game, Curry was shooting like he's out of this planet. Lots of long bombs just swished the net and not even hitting the iron. That's the MVP Curry that nobody can guard. The good news for the Clippers is, Blake is playing after a minor injury. 46 points is a lot of points to lose, when you only need to lose by 1. :D

Watched the highlights too.. Curry was lethal... Curry is a special player .. Once-in-a-while type. There is however a slight sour taste to his Final performances. I understand, now , thanks to the people at WBF, that he was in rather bad shape during the searing loss to Cleveland in the Finals but I would maintain that he was in far better shape in their earlier championship series and didn't perform extraordinarily either. What separates IMO the great from the mere stars is their performance in Championship games. If he raises his game in a Final Series to his regular season now-customary out-of-this-world level (less the careless passes), there is no way to beat this Warriors team with KD, Clay, Draymond and Curry healthy .... and Steph Curry cement his position amongst the greatest ever.

This comment is off topic but I have an announcement to make.

I bought my first pair of stretchy jeans today.

Guess that officially makes me an old timer. :)

actually not.....

I read that you're an old timer when you sit down to poop and your balls sit in the toilet bowl. :)

Old timer...You have to use Dep hair gel, the one the IINM Jerry West uses, that's why his hair was cemented from the 1st minute to the last. :D

Jerry West does a TV ad for a drug called Xarelto.

Even though he works for the Golden State Warriors he has the nerve to wear a Laker purple shirt in the ad.

I didn't know they still sold DEP. That stuff goes way back as I recall.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing