New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Another easy night for the Cavs on their way to a sweep.

Their bench is much stronger than last year and KD has never been a match for Lebron.

With everyone healthy, the Cavs will win their second title.

Hmmmm

Wasn't sure which game you were watching tonight Dan as KD played rings around the Cavs as the GSW's win big at home 113-91 :)

Warriors are 13-0 in playoffs this year

Has any sports franchise anywhere gone 16-0 to win their league championship.

Hmmmm

Wasn't sure which game you were watching tonight Dan as KD played rings around the Cavs as the GSW's win big at home 113-91 :)

Doc,

I lost my wife of 43 years last week, so I don't care who wins.

Hmmmm

Miami Dolphins 17-0.

Last edited:
Doc,

I lost my wife of 43 years last week, so I don't care who wins.

Thanks for reminding me it is just a game . My condolences.

If all the pundits are correct there is money to be made betting on GSW.
The party line has shifted from LeBron will not do it to LeBron can't do it.
Let's examine this"super"team.
What are Kerrs' coaching credentials?
How sought after we're Green, Thompson and Curry?
They have one NBA title on their resume. They are they only team to blow a three game lead in the NBA finals. They lost to a team that had never won a championship.
They knew they were not good enough to beat Cleveland without getting better. They have yet to prove they can beat a healthy Cleveland team. Indeed we will never know.
The pundits have been wrong before and so have I.
Remember the Heat lost with their "super "team.

Interesting observations, Gregadd.

Having watched the NBA playoffs for at least a few years, you know how quickly momentum can shift from one team to the other.

If Cleveland wins tomorrow the pundits will say they got a split in Oakland and now have the momentum.

I remember a Clippers - Grizzlies series a few years back when the sports writers breathlessly announced a momentum change after every game. That's when I finally figured out not to let one game early in a series sway me too much.

No doubt the Warriors are the favorites but you never know......

Interesting observations, Gregadd.

Having watched the NBA playoffs for at least a few years, you know how quickly momentum can shift from one team to the other.

If Cleveland wins tomorrow the pundits will say they got a split in Oakland and now have the momentum.

I remember a Clippers - Grizzlies series a few years back when the sports writers breathlessly announced a momentum change after every game. That's when I finally figured out not to let one game early in a series sway me too much.

No doubt the Warriors are the favorites but you never know......

For me, when I team gets to 3-3 from 1-3, momentum usually carries them to win Game 7.

I am one game too late to make any prediction credible, but I thought that GSW would sweep CLE this year, or at the very least, win in 5. No 1 reason is GSW is motivated because of last year.

No. 2 reason is KD.

It wasn't too many years ago that KD was regarded as Lebron's sucessor as the best player in the NBA. He's had some injuries. However, you take a 73 win team and add the 2nd best (open to argument) player in the league and you should have an unbeatable team. They didn't lose that much to get him. I think it was unsportsmanlike on KD's part but I'm in a minority.

CLE is only marginally better than they were last year, and that's based on their playoff run, not their mediocre season. For some reason, all those old, slow, no defense 3 pt vetrans aren't helping.

In all humility (since I'm a junior member here), your points about GSW are moot.

1) Kerr's coaching cred. 1 NBA championship. Years paying with MJ. Being on that Bulls team taught him.
2) Interesting how these lesser draft pics have become so important, although Curry is the only superstar and he was, what 5th in the first round ?
3) The fact that GSW blew a 3 game lead last year only deepens their desire to focus.
4) CLE is healthy now. They are going to lose, despite having possibly the best player ever.

I'm not a fan of either team (I'm Celtics fan), but I don't like to see non competitive basketball.

I am one game too late to make any prediction credible, but I thought that GSW would sweep CLE this year, or at the very least, win in 5. No 1 reason is GSW is motivated because of last year.

No. 2 reason is KD.

It wasn't too many years ago that KD was regarded as Lebron's sucessor as the best player in the NBA. He's had some injuries. However, you take a 73 win team and add the 2nd best (open to argument) player in the league and you should have an unbeatable team. They didn't lose that much to get him. I think it was unsportsmanlike on KD's part but I'm in a minority.

CLE is only marginally better than they were last year, and that's based on their playoff run, not their mediocre season. For some reason, all those old, slow, no defense 3 pt vetrans aren't helping.

In all humility (since I'm a junior member here), your points about GSW are moot.

1) Kerr's coaching cred. 1 NBA championship. Years paying with MJ. Being on that Bulls team taught him.
2) Interesting how these lesser draft pics have become so important, although Curry is the only superstar and he was, what 5th in the first round ?
3) The fact that GSW blew a 3 game lead last year only deepens their desire to focus.
4) CLE is healthy now. They are going to lose, despite having possibly the best player ever.

I'm not a fan of either team (I'm Celtics fan), but I don't like to see non competitive basketball.

Hi and welcome! I like everything you just said, specially the last part. I've been the only Celtics fan here all these years, and great to see a fellow C's fan. :)

Last edited:
You could say it could either way.
GSW only shot 42% in game one. GSW is a $hooting team. If they don't shoot they don't win. From GSW standpoint we shot ok and still won. From Cavaliers pov we can beat GSW if they just shoot ok.

Glad to hear that Steve Kerr is feeling well enough to coach tonight.

Big game starts shortly!

This is quite a game.

If LeBron doesn't dominate the Cavs can't win. He's keeping them close....so far.

I run hot and cold on Jalen.

I wonder how Paul Pierce will do with more time to develop. Looks like he has some potential.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu