New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Too bad I missed you when I was in the Bay Area Stevie. I was there for just 4 days and you were out of town. Didn't get to eat anywhere notable this time around. I would have wanted to do Gary Danko's again. My travel buddies wanted to do nothing but shop. Hopefully next time! In any case, Jadis will be headed your way in a couple of days. I've told him how much I enjoyed your and Ron's company as well as your awesome system.

Cheers!

Perhaps most OT but this thread draws the attention of my friends from the Philippines.......

What was going on yesterday in your neck of the woods with Hillary Clinton's motorcade and why such a negative sentiment to forming a military alliance with the USA

Gosh darn

Having been away from newspapers, computers and sports for 2 weeks I return to find there is still no progress in the NBA

Any updates

The NBA is case of no news is bad news, and some news is even worse, as the days go on. As of today, the players (dunno the numbers) filed antitrust suits against the league in at least 2 states. "The players are seeking 'treble damages'—meaning triple the amount of the more than $2 billion they would have made under a full 2011-12 season—for what they argue is irreparable harm by preventing them from playing in their “very short” NBA careers."

So it has gone real ugly. Coming from such an exciting season where Dallas beat Miami with so much action and drama on the court. Now we're just staring at a blank wall. What a shame.

Were you here for the fight?

Jadis will be coming by on Sunday

Yup, I'm still here in Manila now and will start my trek to SF via HK in 24 hours. Am eager to hear your great system, Steve. :)

Perhaps most OT but this thread draws the attention of my friends from the Philippines.......

What was going on yesterday in your neck of the woods with Hillary Clinton's motorcade and why such a negative sentiment to forming a military alliance with the USA

Well Steve, over here, we have a group who always have been anti-US bases or anti-US military presence, for their own reasons (violation of sovereignty and the like). They are a small bunch, vis a vis the population and they come out mainly to demonstrate when key US people visit. What they chose to ignore is the fact that the US military presence, small when compared to 30 years ago, has helped neutralize and control some lawless elements in our southern islands.

Yes and Yes Steve.

We were there for the fight. Not the outcome we were hoping for but we 3 brothers got to do some bonding :)

Jadis is right. It is a very small minority composed mainly of leftist throwbacks. They pretty much protest everything and everyone including their own leadership which has a revolving door thing going.

That said and getting back on topic, I think Michael Jordan did more for Philippine-US relations than any Ambassador ever did. We really are B-Ball crazy! Hahahahaha!

The only American we want to see beaten to a pulp is Floyd Mayweather!

Were you here for the fight?

Jadis will be coming by on Sunday

Hi Steve,

Thank you so very much for the welcoming me in your beautiful home and meeting me in the BART station. And for the nice lunch and chat we had, and it was a pleasure to finally meeting you and your beautiful family members. :)

Listening to your system is one of the top 3 musical experiences I have had in my audio life. It was awesome and mind-blowing, to say the least. And for the first time in my life I listened to a R2R tape and really, it blew me away. The clarity, definition, detail, quietness, and dynamics was really something else. Wow! Listening to all cuts that you put on for me was like attending a 'demo' as the hi end audio shows. Everything was fantastic and it showed that your system has great resolving power at each track showed various traits of the recording. The Lamms and Wilsons do match up so well. Beautiful sound. And such dynamics at 32 watts. And the bass of the Gothams. WOW !!! The switch on/off A/B comparison was so evident, the subs indeed truly made a difference. I still can't forget the last track you played for me, the one that you listened to 20 times in one sitting to tune your subs. That was great! Thanks again for a memorable experience. I finally am able to get time to log in and still enjoying the nice weather these couple of days in downtown SF. Too bad the lockout set us back for an NBA game, but hopefully we'll get to do it someday. :)

I missed watching my first live game by about 25 days. LOL There's always a next time. :)

I can't wait to hear some news on free agent hirings, tradings, and the opening day. Good to have the game back!

Paul, Anthony, Stoudemire and Howard? That's scary!

Wont happen. Neither one of them are going to the Knicks. The Knicks have zero trade chips. Those were cashed in to acquire Mello. Then there is that pesky little thing called salary cap! The more intriguing trade is Westbrook for CP3. There is a rumor reported in the local media that the Warrioirs also are trying to acquire CP3, who previously had expressed interest in coming to the west coast. Curry plus anyone for CP3? New Orleans is going to get as much as they can in any trade.

Agreed. Knicks have nothing to offer and the cap makes signing both a typical NY tabloid fantasy. Maybe they can get a 3rd team involved for Paul, but still hard to figure when other teams with more to offer are interested. Best scenario for Knicks is probably Paul letting other teams know he won't commit to signing with them after the season -- this could dissuade the other suitors and leave whatever offer the Knicks come up with as the best (and only) one on the table. Leaves NO with a get something however meager or nothing prop

Paul, Anthony, Stoudemire and Howard? That's scary!

Even if that happens, there's still gonna be one basketball. Remember Shaq, Kobe, Karl and Gary? Somebody said then that anything short of a title would be disappointing, and that was what happened. And the '77 Sixers of Dr. J, McGinnis, World Free and Collins? Too many superstars is not a good recipe sometimes.

Who was Dr. J?

KIDDING!!!!!! Fight the lag Padre, see you in a couple of weeks! :)

Yeah, just can't help it despite being disgusted w/both sides.

Am raising Bulls fans here in NY/NJ -- my 6yo girl was dressed in a bulls cheerleader outfit a few weeks ago wanting to know when we could watch a game. I told her about the strike and so forth, and she said (really), 'they really don't care about the fans do they Daddy?' Yep. Wish there was a fans union to boycott the first five games. But yeah, I'm all in now, wondering who and how the Bulls are going to sign a shooting guard and a million other things around the league. Was going to be a long, cold winter.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu