New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

No offense intended but perhaps it is time for the Buss family to sell the Lakers - take the $4 billion and go home.

There was only one Jerry Buss and he had an incredible run. Not sure he could do the same in today's NBA when strong professional management and command of analytics rule the day.

Different era, different skills required.
Interesting thought but it will never happen. It was Dr Buss’ legacy to his kids

Woj was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. His recommendation for Jeanie was that she should hire one of the top GM's in the NBA and get out of their way and let them run the basketball side of the business. No friends, no former Lakers, strictly business . Pay top level talent top level money - or more if necessary. If nothing else the Lakers do have plenty of money

He suggested people like RC Buford of the Spurs or Bob Meyers of the Warriors. Sounds like a good idea to me.

So the first lingering question has to be "what about Luke?"

Is his job secure for now at least or will the summer bring the loss of the coach and many of the young players as new management will need to find those free agents to play beside the "former" king

The lakers went from a 2018 record of 35-47 to a 2019 record of 37-45 with James

That what I call "economies of scale":rolleyes:

Reactions: jadis and WLVCA
Is it too early to make some calls in the playoffs

For me, in the East I like Milwaukee and Sixers for the conference and in the West I like GSW and the Rockets with the caveat there could easily be upsets this year in one or both conferences as there are so many good teams this year

I do believe the Warriors in order to prevail must step their game up a notch or they get complacent and lose a lot of games they should win

Reactions: jadis
Bill Walton joined Ralph Lawler to broadcast the Clippers game last night. The two of them called LAC games together for 12 years - 1990 -2002. Walton was in top form and actually let Ralph speak a few times. Bill Walton isn't everyone's cup of tea but I do like him - most of the time.

Ralph is being inducted into the broadcast wing of the Naismith Hall of Fame in the Fall and was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Welcome aboard the Clipper Ship, Steve!

Unlikely that either of those guys joins LAC but one can dream.

I am thinking Klay is going to stay put and the Warriors will do everything to keep KD

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I've read that KD wants to leave not so much because of the Green dustup but rather because Warriors fans haven't cozied up to KD as they have to Steph and that the Warriors are still Steph's team

I say what does it matter if you keep winning championships and wear new rings. It all comes down to an ego trip

Does KD really expect that the Knicks will win a championship with him there. Or maybe the Lakers can trade James for KD ;)

Reactions: jadis
The Clippers play the Warriors in the first round of the playoffs.

The good news is that it will given Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson an excellent opportunity to get to know their new teammates better. ;)
KD is for me the absolute gentleman and loyal team player. I would be very surprised to see him leave the GSW and Kerr :eek:

KD is for me the absolute gentleman and loyal team player. I would be very surprised to see him leave the GSW and Kerr :eek:
I totally agree but these superstars have egos bigger than their donnikers.KD is looking for love and the Green fiasco didn't sit well with him. Like you I do hope he stays with the GSW. Going to the Knicks will make him another Melo

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA
I've read that KD wants to leave not so much because of the Green dustup but rather because Warriors fans haven't cozied up to KD as they have to Steph and that the Warriors are still Steph's team

I say what does it matter if you keep winning championships and wear new rings. It all comes down to an ego trip

Does KD really expect that the Knicks will win a championship with him there. Or maybe the Lakers can trade James for KD ;)

I've read that too, Steve. And thinking more about it, that maybe in the realm of the Shaq and Kobe rift - Whose team Is it? Kd may be looking for new challenges, because history will brand him as 1 great player who joined a champion team and won. That may bother him in the long run. He may be the only great player in recent memory to do that, what they refer to as bandwagoner. He is free to join another team, and maybe follow the footsteps of James, who is now in quicksand. :)

Reactions: christoph
I totally agree but these superstars have egos bigger than their donnikers.KD is looking for love and the Green fiasco didn't sit well with him. Like you I do hope he stays with the GSW. Going to the Knicks will make him another Melo

Donnickers? Had to look that one up. First time I remember seeing that word. Is that Canadian slang?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu