christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
KD is still one of my favorite players in the game. Of all of the movement of the dynamic Duos, I feel KD made the worst decision of all of them. Only time will tell. No regrets for playing the game and no ill feelings towards the Warriors. Plus the Warriors retired his number

Kevin Durant opens up on his Achilles injury, Brooklyn move
From NBA Twitter and media reports

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08...warriors-injury-brooklyn-free-agency-decision

although he did say this about the Raptors......

“It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals,” Durant told Yahoo Sports with a smirk.

Last edited:
Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Well here’s the thought and question of the day.......

Yahoo Sports proclaims the Sixers as the number one team starting the season

Christoph May be correct in saying that he hopes a team other than those with dynamic duos can win it al. My hope is his comment proves correct so that the owners take notice and say to those demanding trades “forget it as it’s not happening”

When will the owners have the cajones to retake what they rightfully own.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well here’s the thought and question of the day.......

Yahoo Sports proclaims the Sixers as the number one team starting the season

Christoph May be correct in saying that he hopes a team other than those with dynamic duos can win it al. My hope is his comment proves correct so that the owners take notice and say to those demanding trades “forget it as it’s not happening”

When will the owners have the cajones to retake what they rightfully own.

What it boils down to is Billionaires vs Millionaires. I hope for a balance of power between the two sides.

All of the NBA owners are making more money than ever and their franchise values have doubled, tripled and quadrupled in the past few years. So, just how unhappy can the owners be? Should I feel sorry for them? I think not. Even a rotten jackass like Donald Sterling walked off with $2 billion dollars.

On the players side, there is also a serious issue - more of the money is concentrated among the top players, leaving less for the middle rank and lower rank players. Those lower level players may eventually strike back against their own union.

Let's be honest here - both the owners and the players are out to make as much money as they can so there neither side is angelic or altruistic. We fans look at it as fans. The owners and players look at it as a business.

Look at it this way - who would you prefer, LeBron James or James Dolan. Neither would be among my first choices but if I was forced to choose I'd take LeBron - he came from nothing earned his own money. Dolan inherited his wealth. More respect to LeBron.

One good thing that is happening due to the new era of Dynamic Duos is that there are many more teams this upcoming season with legitimate shots at the championship. That should make the league much more interesting this year.

Back to the sporting side of the NBA - the 76ers are deeper than most of the other teams - their Dynamic Duo (Embiid and Simmons) is backed up by Al Horford and Tobias Harris. I don't think any other team has 4 players as good as those 4 so ranking them as the favorites isn't totally out of line.

I prefer the NBA situation for players over the NFL situation for players. The NBA (best) players have more power than they should at the moment. NFL players are disadvantaged in comparison and the owners have the upper hand there. However, the very best NFL player still have leverage there as well. Lower level NFL players have the least favorable situation.

Steve Williams

What it boils down to is Billionaires vs Millionaires. I hope for a balance of power between the two sides.

All of the NBA owners are making more money than ever and their franchise values have doubled, tripled and quadrupled in the past few years. So, just how unhappy can the owners be? Should I feel sorry for them? I think not. Even a rotten jackass like Donald Sterling walked off with $2 billion dollars.

On the players side, there is also a serious issue - more of the money is concentrated among the top players, leaving less for the middle rank and lower rank players. Those lower level players may eventually strike back against their own union.

Let's be honest here - both the owners and the players are out to make as much money as they can so there neither side is angelic or altruistic. We fans look at it as fans. The owners and players look at it as a business.

Look at it this way - who would you prefer, LeBron James or James Dolan. Neither would be among my first choices but if I was forced to choose I'd take LeBron - he came from nothing earned his own money. Dolan inherited his wealth. More respect to LeBron.

One good thing that is happening due to the new era of Dynamic Duos is that there are many more teams this upcoming season with legitimate shots at the championship. That should make the league much more interesting this year.

Back to the sporting side of the NBA - the 76ers are deeper than most of the other teams - their Dynamic Duo (Embiid and Simmons) is backed up by Al Horford and Tobias Harris. I don't think any other team has 4 players as good as those 4 so ranking them as the favorites isn't totally out of line.

I prefer the NBA situation for players over the NFL situation for players. The NBA (best) players have more power than they should at the moment. NFL players are disadvantaged in comparison and the owners have the upper hand there. However, the very best NFL player still have leverage there as well. Lower level NFL players have the least favorable situation.
Fabulous post. I totally agree, even the part about taking LBJ over Dolan. :)

I first realized that about the players when Steve Nash refused to retire as there was so much unpaid money on the table with his contract . A few years later Kobe did the same thing.

I also agree about your comment re the lesser paid players

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
KD is still one of my favorite players in the game. Of all of the movement of the dynamic Duos, I feel KD made the worst decision of all of them. Only time will tell. No regrets for playing the game and no ill feelings towards the Warriors. Plus the Warriors retired his number

Kevin Durant opens up on his Achilles injury, Brooklyn move
From NBA Twitter and media reports

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/08...warriors-injury-brooklyn-free-agency-decision

although he did say this about the Raptors......

“It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals,” Durant told Yahoo Sports with a smirk.

I'm glad KD came out to clear the issues. With social media these days, too many 'news' and rumors to sow misunderstanding. I never knew KD's bff is Kyrie so just between themselves they are 2 very happy men fulfilling their dreams. As the what they will do to the Nets, I for one have seen what 'brand name players' have fared out with up and coming youngsters. I don't really wish them luck because they are in the same division as the Celtics, but all I can say is KD is a good man, he did most things within the league rules. :D

Steve Williams

I'm glad KD came out to clear the issues. With social media these days, too many 'news' and rumors to sow misunderstanding. I never knew KD's bff is Kyrie so just between themselves they are 2 very happy men fulfilling their dreams. As the what they will do to the Nets, I for one have seen what 'brand name players' have fared out with up and coming youngsters. I don't really wish them luck because they are in the same division as the Celtics, but all I can say is KD is a good man, he did most things within the league rules. :D

Phil

I'm betting the Celtics finish better than the Nets this coming season

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing