New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Am suprised to see that if the season ended today, Brooklyn would be in the playoffs, as the 7th seed.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well, I do not look up to players who suddenly become non-pros and decide to sit, and not honoring his contract.

I misunderstood the Iggy situation. I thought the Grizzlies were the bad guys. Didn't realize he was the culprit.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well, I do not look up to players who suddenly become non-pros and decide to sit, and not honoring his contract.
I’m not so sure Iggy is the culprit. The Grizz want assets for him and he has never been part of the team. I do not believe he decided to sit. It’s not his character to want to sit.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve,

I recall the case of Adrian Dantley in the late 80s. After coming so close to a title in the Finals, he was traded the next year as the Pistons got Mark Aguirre. He was traded to Utah, and never didn't report to Utah and in fact the news was, the Jazz group didn't know where he was as he was hiding or trying to evade his new team. I forgot what happened next, he probably resumed to play after a certain period. My understanding was that when the Warriors traded Iggy to Memphis, Memphis thus owned his contract and Iggy is bound by it to play. What I don't know is if Memphis told him not to play which I believe is not the case as per this article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...uld-rather-sit-out-season-than-play-for-them/

"Last summer, the Golden State Warriors made a number of roster moves as they looked to regroup after Kevin Durant's injury and subsequent departure to the Brooklyn Nets. One of the deals involved sending Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies, which has started all sorts of drama.
The veteran made it clear immediately that he had no interest in playing for the Grizzlies and wanted to get to a contender. He didn't report to training camp and has spent the season working out on his own while he waits to see how things will play out. There are plenty of teams that would love to have him but they are reluctant to give away assets in a trade and would prefer to wait for a buy out. So far, however, the Grizzlies have been adamant that they won't let Iguodala walk."

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

I find this news very interesting.....

The New York Knicks are parting ways with team president Steve Mills, and Knicks owner Jim Dolan is targeting Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri to oversee New York's operations, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The move comes two days before Thursday's trade deadline, and the Knicks remain open to the idea of moving veteran forward Marcus Morris.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Say this isn't possible......

Rumor: NBA commissioner Adam Silver pushing Masai Ujiri onto Knicks

Dan Feldman

NBA commissioner Adam Silver denied pressuring the 76ers to hire Jerry Colangelo and relegate Sam Hinkie. Silver also said he’d never meddle with the Knicks, who just fired Steve Mills and are rumored to be pursuing Raptors president Masai Ujiri. But many around the league still believe Silver influenced Philadelphia toward a front-office change.

So, of course people suspect Silver of doing the same with New York.

And of course the league is denying that.

Marc Stein of The New York Times:

Some league insiders also have questioned whether Dolan is as all-in on Ujiri as advertised, because of the perception in various corners that the league office (specifically N.B.A. Commissioner Adam Silver) is pushing Ujiri as the ideal candidate to try to rescue the Knicks.

It was already seen as inappropriate for Silver to sell the 76ers on Colangelo, who was out of the league. It’d be far more scandalous for Silver to try to navigate Ujiri from one team to another. Ostensibly, Silver should treat the Knicks and 76ers as equals.

But New York is the NBA’s biggest market. The Knicks languishing in the basement is not good for the league. There’s no way around that reality.

So, people will whisper about Silver’s motivations and methods. That isn’t necessarily fair to Silver. But the situation leads to suspicion.

If Knicks owner James Dolan isn’t enthralled with Ujiri, outside advisement – from Silver or anyone else – might not be enough. Dolan tends to play by his own rules. That might mean hiring an agent to run the front office.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Looking at how Lillard and the Blazers annihilated the Lakers last week, the Blazers remain in the 9th spot. I have to think that the Blazers are better than the Grizz and OKC such that the Blazers will at least be 8th when the season is over.....which might mean a Lakers Blazers series to start things off

I still feel there are going to be upsets in both the east and west as the competition is not only so good but also so equal

Steve Williams

The NBA All-Star 2020 Weekend is fast approaching. The excitement continues to grow as the NBA has announced another change to the All-Star format.

NBA announced a new format for the All-Star Weekend, 2020. This change has come after the tragic death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant. It aims to increase the level of competition throughout the game, provide additional excitement at the finish. It will make the outcome of every quarter count for charity. The changes include a new fourth-quarter format that will honour the late Kobe Bryant. Bryant earned 18 NBA All-Star selections and a record-tying four NBA All-Star Game MVP awards

NBA: Changes in Three-Point Contest Format

According to the Tim Reynolds of The Associated Press, the NBA will have 70-second rounds instead of 60 seconds and extend the total number shots from 25 to 27, as two attempts from six feet behind the 3-point arc will be instituted.

The NBA is changing the format of its annual 3-point contest during the All-Star weekend festivities. The long-range competition smacked on the same night as the Skills Challenge and Slam Dunk Contest on Feb. 15, will have an expanded time to shoot more 3-point attempts, including two more from a longer distance.
Miami Heat rookie guard Duncan Robinson will compete in the 3-point contest along with Sacramento Kings shooting guard Buddy Hield, who might be traded by the NBA’s trade deadline this Thursday.

Duncan Robinson said he was looking forward to the new format and the two deeper shots.
“More shots the merrier. I’ve got no problem with that,” Robinson told AP. “I hardly ever get a shot pressed up against the line unless it’s coming off an action or something. I’m more comfortable maybe a step off the line.”

Steve Williams

is is the saddest news as LeBron will have finally cleared house on all of the young players that the Lakers assembled. IMO Ingrm and Kuzma were the best..Los Angeles Lakers small forward Kyle Kuzma has been in trade talks forever now. Looks like he might be traded just in the nick of time as the New York Knicks approach the Lakers.

Kyle Kuzma: Trade History
The buzz around Kuzma’s trade started when rumors first came out that the Lakers were unhappy with the 24-year-old NBA player’s irregular performances. He has been in trade rumors ever since the transfer window opened for this season on 15 December 2019.
Kuzma responded to the trade rumours surrounding him,
“I mean, I just got to not worry about it. For me, I’ve been in trade rumors ever since I came here. I think that’s just a thing that happens when you’re a Laker,”
“You’re always in trade rumors, especially around this time, so it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day, you just control what you can control.”, he said.

After this, The Los Angeles Times reported that Lakers General Manager Rob Pelinka has “initiated a call” with the Kings to talk about Kuzma trade deal.

Marc Stein of the New York Times tweeted that the Sacramento Kings were interested in Kuzma.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1214263943537025025

Sacramento is among the teams that has tried to engage the Lakers in Kyle Kuzma trade talks, league sources say. The Kings know they would have to include sharpshooter (and soon-to-be restricted free agent) Bogdan Bogdanovic, for starters, in a Kuzma deal​
The New York Nicks have entered the trade pool just in time for the 6 February NBA trade deadline. According to Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium, the Knicks are the latest team to have shown interest in The L.A Lakers’ young forward.​
He also reported that Marcus Morris is a subject of interest for several rival teams. This implied that Morris could be the trade for Kuzma to the Lakers.

The Knicks had previously been reluctant to trade Morris, but after they fired their general manager Steve Mills on Monday, he’s available, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Morris would be an excellent return for Kuzma, who’s been hot and cold for most of the season due to how much his role with the team has changed compared to last year. The only problem is that $13 million separates Kuzma and Morris’ respective salaries.​

Steve Williams

is is the saddest news as LeBron will have finally cleared house on all of the young players that the Lakers assembled. IMO Ingrm and Kuzma were the best..Los Angeles Lakers small forward Kyle Kuzma has been in trade talks forever now. Looks like he might be traded just in the nick of time as the New York Knicks approach the Lakers.

Kyle Kuzma: Trade History
The buzz around Kuzma’s trade started when rumors first came out that the Lakers were unhappy with the 24-year-old NBA player’s irregular performances. He has been in trade rumors ever since the transfer window opened for this season on 15 December 2019.
Kuzma responded to the trade rumours surrounding him,
“I mean, I just got to not worry about it. For me, I’ve been in trade rumors ever since I came here. I think that’s just a thing that happens when you’re a Laker,”
“You’re always in trade rumors, especially around this time, so it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day, you just control what you can control.”, he said.

After this, The Los Angeles Times reported that Lakers General Manager Rob Pelinka has “initiated a call” with the Kings to talk about Kuzma trade deal.

Marc Stein of the New York Times tweeted that the Sacramento Kings were interested in Kuzma.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1214263943537025025

Sacramento is among the teams that has tried to engage the Lakers in Kyle Kuzma trade talks, league sources say. The Kings know they would have to include sharpshooter (and soon-to-be restricted free agent) Bogdan Bogdanovic, for starters, in a Kuzma deal​
The New York Nicks have entered the trade pool just in time for the 6 February NBA trade deadline. According to Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium, the Knicks are the latest team to have shown interest in The L.A Lakers’ young forward.​

Steve Williams

The King holds court............

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving have had a ton of fallouts and it shows. However, King James seems to be making efforts to mend his relationship with his Cleveland Cavaliers teammate

James’ Los Angeles Lakers faced Irving’s Nets in Brooklyn on Thursday and won the game. After the contest, James and Irving shook hands and shared a big hug.James shared photos of that on Instagram, captioning it “Brothers! 3 years of eternal moments, memories. Young God was Epic!

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving have had a ton of fallouts and it shows. However, King James seems to be making efforts to mend his relationship with his Cleveland Cavaliers teammate.

James’ Los Angeles Lakers faced Irving’s Nets in Brooklyn on Thursday and won the game. After the contest, James and Irving shook hands and shared a big hug.James shared photos of that on Instagram, captioning it “Brothers! 3 years of eternal moments, memories. Young God was Epic!”

James calling the two of them “brothers” shows how they still feel about each other.

When Irving demanded a trade from the Cavaliers ahead of the 2017-2018 season, it was because he wanted to get away from James and lead his own franchise. Irving’s two seasons in Boston did not go well, and the young point guard learned just how difficult it is to lead your own team. That lesson helped him reconcile with LeBron.

There was even talk that Irving would be open to teaming up with James for the second time in their careers, though that ultimately did not happen. But it’s clear the two are on good terms after being teammates for four seasons in Cleveland.

Cue to present, the official Lakers Instagram posted a video of James showing them how it’s done with a reverse layup. LeBron, in turn, posted the video on his official Instagram with the caption, “Learned that from Young God”, and tagged Kyrie Irving.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Iggy goes to the Heat....Lakers or Clippers could not seal the deal.

Oh great, to the east to tighten it even further. But the good thing is he can be a stopper of Ginnis if they meet in the playoffs. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kuzma Cannot be Traded Alone

Kuzma only makes $1.9 million this year. The only way to make a viable trade that not only brings in a comparable talent, but one that is a true upgrade, is to add more players to the deal even if only for salary purposes. A simple examination of potential trade targets lays this truth bare.

Derrick Rose makes $7.3 million. Marcus Morris makes $15 million. Hell, even Davis Bertans makes $7 million. In order for a trade to work under the rules of the collective bargaining agreement, the Lakers would need to get to 75% of these players’ salaries to make the trade legal. That means adding in at least one, and probably two additional Lakers to a deal in order to make the numbers work.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...umors-analysis-stats-contract-deadline-salary

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing