New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Regardless of the fact the Lakers won yesterday, they gave concern because after their 16 point lead, they started to get sloppy, didn't care as much and committed a bunch of turn overs such that the Nuggets not only got back into the game but for the last 2 seconds of the game held a one point lead and I truly thought the Nuggets had done it again and were going to win until AD drained the 3 at the buzzer.

They better not do that in the finals as they could easily get sloppy again and lose

Meanwhile I'm hoping the Celts even the series on Wed. If not then they are in the Nuggets side of a series but I'm not so sure the Celts could recover from being down 3-1. I hope it goes 7 games
Neither can I see the Celtics coming back from 1-3. They are the ones blowing big leads and not the ones coming back from deficits.

Reactions: christoph
Neither can I see the Celtics coming back from 1-3. They are the ones blowing big leads and not the ones coming back from deficits.
...unfortunately
As were the Clips

Reactions: jadis
I'm surprised that there is no news out of Ballmer or the Clippers head office

Maybe they are meeting with consultant Jerry West as to what should happen next. If they retain Doc as head coach, many eyes will be turning. But if they fire Doc, who would succeed him. Lue is a protege of Doc and may use the same tactics in his term.

Last edited:
The more I think about the decimation of the Clippers by the Nuggets, it became clear to me that the team lacked all chemistry. It was as if every game they were just going though business as usual. I've said before that when there is chemistry the entire team embraces it. To me the leaders of the team just don't know how to lead. Kawhi, the most gifted player in the league is a stonface cold individual who the rest of the team and world can never read his mind as he never has 2 words together to make a sentence. Pus I don't feel the love or friendship between Kawhi and PG as there is between James and Davis as they have become best friends

Kawhi seems to have only one thing on his mind and that is winning the next game and ring. As a fellow player I would think him to be aloof and unapproachable. I'm sure he is a fine young man but sadly he has no people skills and his relationship with PG seems to be cordial at best.

This plus they can both become free agents at the end of next year, so I am guessing Ballmer is going to spend more to overcome the Clippers Curse

Maybe there are meeting with consultant Jerry West as to what should happen next. If they retain Doc as head coach, many eyes will be turning. But if they fire Doc, who would succeed him. Lue is a protege of Doc and may use the same tactics in his term.
They need youth such as Brad and Nurse

Given how successful zone has been the last three years, I wouldn't be surprised if Doc is replaced by a college coach.

Phil, imagine if they got Tab Baldwin?

Given how successful zone has been the last three years, I wouldn't be surprised if Doc is replaced by a college coach.

Oh yeah. Tab is well regarded in the non pro leagues where zones are really zones. Maybe it's the Adam Silver make the zone legal. :D

I thought of Tab because of his switch zone hybrid defense and his pistols on offense in the 2018 Jones Cup. Perfect for the Clipps personel.

Turn the volume off and watch

The question I ask is if Doc is replaced is there room for him upstairs with Lawrence Frank there. So will Doc stay as coach or let go

The question I ask is if Doc is replaced is there room for him upstairs with Lawrence Frank there. So will Doc stay as coach or let go
At least in European Football (Soccer), if the team fails, the coach is sacked and NOT promoted :rolleyes:

The Clippers have built a very good front office so no sense messing with that.

If they move Doc rather than fire him the likely spot is as a good will ambassador (or some such thing). Ballmer has to pay Doc anyway so it might make sense to get some value out of him....or let Doc decline that position and ask out at a reduced price if he doesn't like the honorary spot.

No reason to move too fast.

I'm not in the Clipper locker room and I don't travel with the team so it is hard for me to know about relationships among the players.

However, were I on the Clippers I wouldn't have been too happy with Lou (Chicken Wings) Williams or Montrezl Harrell (Longest Grandma Funeral in History)....especially after their production was horrible against Denver.

The Clippers have built a very good front office so no sense messing with that.

If they move Doc rather than fire him the likely spot is as a good will ambassador (or some such thing). Ballmer has to pay Doc anyway so it might make sense to get some value out of him....or let Doc decline that position and ask out at a reduced price if he doesn't like the honorary spot.

No reason to move too fast.
Agree. I was asked this question by an old friend who is also an NBA fan, when all fingers were pointed at Doc. "What happened to the over-achieving crew last year with Gallinari, Shai Alexander, Shamet, Lou and Harrell both coming off the bench?"They even won 2 games against the Warriors in the playoffs and both of them were at the Oracle Center. It should mean Doc 'can' coach, right? Hard to argue with that, and if that is true, then the addition of PG and the Claw simply means the first year is a 'jelling' year. Same as the bolter to South Beach first year, his powerhouse Heat team lost to Dallas. :D

After all his machinations before the season, illegal but ignored by Silver, :D the bum has gotten even more lucky than anyone could ever imagined. This title, mostly, will be ALL ABOUT HIM. It's different than when teams win titles, we remember those teams, and then their star players, but he has crafted this league, or carved it so well that it's all about his 'greatness' that people are willing to forget all his failures and winning record all because he has the gall to proclaim that he is the GOAT for bringing a title to Cleveland which never had one. And right after the title, he would have a fallout with his savior Kyrie, because the title was all his doing, not the team. Gotta hand it to him, he knew he couldn't win a ring with Ingram, Lonzo, and Hart. And he spotted and marked AD amongst all the NBA players active and invited him to lunch.And as luck would have it, his sidekick manager was handy to do the hatchet job. :D He was better in that sense than a full time GM in Danny Ainge who had long coveted AD for years but AD still insisted he would finish his contract with the Pelicans. He's got that ability more than Jordan, if we can even call that a good thing.

Last edited:
After all his machinations before the season, illegal but ignored by Silver, :D the bum has gotten even more lucky than anyone could ever imagined. This title, mostly, will be ALL ABOUT HIM. It's different than when teams win titles, we remember those teams, and then their start players, but he has crafted this league, or carved it so well that it's all about his 'greatness' that people are willing to forget all his failures and winning record all because he has the gall to proclaim that he is the GOAT for bringing a title to Cleveland which never had one. And right after the title, he would have a fallout with his savior Kyrie, because the title was all his doing, not the team. Gotta hand it to him, he knew he couldn't win a ring with Ingram, Lonzo, and Hart. And he spotted and marked AD amongst all the NBA players active and invited him to lunch.And as luck would have it, his sidekick manager was handy to do the hatchet job. :D He was better in that sense than a full time GM in Danny Ainge who had long coveted AD for years but AD still insisted he would finish his contract with the Pelicans. He's got that ability more than Jordan, if we can even call that a good thing.

The 2020 NBA title will always have an asterisk behind it due to the pandemic bubble.

(I can say this now that the Clippers have fallen by the wayside.) :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing