New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Dwight had his chance during the 2019-2010 Finals against LAL. That could have been his Magic Johnson moment. Young franchise player carrying his team and winning the title. Magic (Johnson) did but Dwight did not. I wouldn't fault the ORL organization for not giving him support because that team was good enough to have won the Eastern title enroute to the NBA Finals. Chicago had to keep adding players around MJ in the 80s to help him finally enter the Finals in the 1990-91 season. Now Dwight has tendencies to act like a GM too. He might end up with a worse reputation than LeBron, unless he wins a title in the here and now.

Last edited:
Really strange ending to Odom's career in Dallas. A blotched trade made him demand a trade, which Kupchak readily obliged. What was unexpected was he suddenly seemed to have lost his old touch in playing basketball. Now, he will sit out for the duration of the season without being waived or traded, yet. Dallas can trade him come draft time as they maintain Odom's rights. Odom still has a contract worth $8.2m due him till the end of the 2012-2013 season. Call him lucky to be getting so much even after forgetting to play basketball. I doubt if Mitch wants him back.

Could it be a ruse on his part

Bear in mind that between Chloe and what he is making by not working he doesn't have to work at all

Could it be a ruse on his part

Bear in mind that between Chloe and what he is making by not working he doesn't have to work at all

could be, steve. a player simply does not forgot how to dribble after a month of being traded to another team. there should be more to this odom sage. :)

I think the guy is severely depressed being away from the LA scene

Well you can find out on Chloe's show. Isn't the season premiere this week or next? :)

Great game by the C's, beating the Heat in Miami. The C's seem to have found the right combination after the many injuries that came by. Indeed, KG at the 5 position seem to be rejuvenated. Scoring tough shots that was like his old self. Allen now is the 6th man, and a potent one at that, leading the 2nd unit which is what is needed in a contending team. The D of MIA is tough as ever, and credit the C's to find ways to scoring despite this. They are giving a good show so far.

Boston is looking like a threat in the East and the Heat are becoming nothing but fumes as they self destruct.

Interesting game tomorrow between SAS and Lakers without Kobe. Lakers should just give it up and spend the day at home

9 games left in the regular season. I can't wait for the playoffs to start. The men will be separated from the boys. :D

Will there still be any takers for Odom?

Odom ending in Dallas after exchange with Cuban
By STEPHEN HAWKINS | The Associated Press – 9 hours ago

Email

DALLAS (AP) Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban had noticed Lamar Odom's uninspired play numerous times before, and kept hoping things would change.

It took one reply by Odom during a heated halftime exchange in his last game, when Cuban questioned the player's commitment to the team and Odom told him to quit playing games, to realize it was time for the two sides to part ways.

''Just his response to it. Everybody goes through ups and downs. Every player does. We tried to put him in a position to succeed. ... It didn't work,'' Cuban said Tuesday night, his first public comments since the team confirmed a day earlier that Odom was done in Dallas.

Their halftime exchange came after Odom played an uninspired four minutes Saturday night at Memphis.

''I just asked him, does he want to go for it or not. Is he in or is he out? I think he thought we were playing poker. I just didn't get a commitment. And that was the end,'' Cuban said. ''This was a big game for us, and he wasn't connecting to that. And if you're not positive energy, you're negative energy.''

When asked if that was the first time he noticed Odom having such a demeanor, Cuban responded, ''No, but the first 17 times, I decided to try to help him and turn it into a positive.''

That never happened.

Odom's averages of 6.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 20.5 minutes in his underwhelming 50-game stint in Dallas were career lows. He was also often late for team activities such as practices and meetings.

The Mavericks didn't release him and instead said Odom would be listed inactive for their remaining nine games. That started with Tuesday night's game against Sacramento.

''He didn't want to play. He decided to go elsewhere or do something else. Now we regroup and go forward,'' Cuban said. ''We kept on hoping things would turn out right. It just got to the point where there weren't enough games in the season to try to find out.''

The defending NBA champion Mavericks were only one game ahead of ninth place in the Western Conference standings going into the game against the Kings.

Dallas acquired the NBA's reigning Sixth Man of the Year from the Los Angeles Lakers just before the lockout-shortened season. It was a low-risk deal for the Mavericks, who gave up a first-round pick and the trade exception from a deal that sent Tyson Chandler to the New York Knicks.

The Lakers seemed compelled to move the 6-foot-10 forward, who made $8.9 million this season, after trying to send him to New Orleans in a Chris Paul deal that was nixed by the league. There were also the personal issues for Odom, whose 24-year-old cousin was murdered last summer only days before the player was involved in a fatal car accident that killed a teen pedestrian after the car he was riding in as a passenger collided with a motorcycle.

Cuban said the Mavericks knew about Odom's fragile emotional state when they got him.

''Yeah, but we thought we could fight through it,'' Cuban said. ''We knew that's why he was available.''

Cuban insisted that he failed in trying to make the situation work, and that he didn't have to talk to anyone else to know the end had arrived.

''If I'm going to be the guy who smiles with my hand on the trophy, I've got to be the guy who takes the responsibility,'' Cuban said. ''It was just my initiative, just paying attention. ... I was working with him, tried to get him back on the horse. When I failed, it was my job to recognize it, and deal with it.''

Odom, the husband and reality TV co-star of Khloe Kardashian, still has a year left on his four-year contract. Any team that has the 13-year veteran on its roster on June 29 must give him a $2.4 million buyout or be responsible for the full $8.2 million he would be due in 2012-13.

''The way his contract is structured, it will hopefully create some opportunities for us,'' Cuban said, acknowledging he thinks Odom is tradeable. ''Absolutely. It's in his best interests to get his act together, and I'm sure he will. Lamar is still a talented basketball player. He just went through some issues this year. We thought we could work through them with him this year and we weren't able to. Next.''

LO gets all the blame AND he is still due about $8 a year till end of 2013 season. Life must be good to him.

who would have thought that with out Kobe the Lakers destroy the Spurs aided by World Peace who played and scored like his rookie year and also Andrew sets a career high in rebounds

and don't look but the Clipps squeak by the Thunder

There is going to be some serious playoff series

Watch those Grizzlies as they are now healthy and the Clipps seem to have regrouped

Knicks beat Bucks tonight. Up 2 games for last spot now. Woodson coaching like he wants Knicks job. Team is playing defense like the town hasn't seen since days of JVG and Riley ;) How did Mavs let Chandler go? Never was a Chandler fan but he is a good player and force on defense!

Steve, a very good friend friend yesterday told me, after Boston beat Miami, that there might even be a 'wildcard' Finals in Boston vs LAL. After tonight's convincing LA win over the Spurs, that might be a cinderella matchup again for the ages, Boston vs LA. :)

who would have thought that with out Kobe the Lakers destroy the Spurs aided by World Peace who played and scored like his rookie year and also Andrew sets a career high in rebounds

and don't look but the Clipps squeak by the Thunder

There is going to be some serious playoff series

Watch those Grizzlies as they are now healthy and the Clipps seem to have regrouped

Meanwhile The Jadis Celtics are plaeing as if they were possessed ... Their last win over the Heat was most impressive... Miami vs OKC is far from a given ...

The Jadis Celtics .... Love it! :D

The Jadis Celtics .... Love it! :D

hehe...gotta thank frantzM for that. :D

it seems that i'm the only diehard celtics fan in this thread. :)

Meanwhile The Jadis Celtics are plaeing as if they were possessed ... Their last win over the Heat was most impressive... Miami vs OKC is far from a given ...

'my' celtics (i'm practically the only c fan in this thread) :D, are a welcome surprise. ironically, it had to take a wrist surgery of JO to make kg play 5, and another injury to ray allen that made doc put avery bradley (who i'm sure very few people even know is an nba player) at the starting 2 guard position; to actually improve the play of the c's for the last 10 or so games. bradley was sent to the d-league last year to 'boost' his confidence. now allen is back and as a 6th man, in the mold of a jason terry or vinnie the microwave johnson. and that was good thing for the c's. no need for egos, just wins. in the nba, player rotation formulas are not easy to concoct. this one just magically fell in, and i hope, really hope that the oldies, kg, pierce and allen, will have enough gas left in their tanks come playoff time. and it looks like this bunch is one the looks forward to hard battles.

the loss of the spurs tonight to a kobe-less la team is surprising. but i'm sure steve isn't as he has said he can't see the spurs figuring the the final ball. well, now i'm beginning to see something there too. bynum can be a great great center in the years to come.

Some more Lamar

Warriors Interested in Lamar Odom, Khloe Kardashian: Report

By Sajid Farooq

It appears the Golden State Warriors have not been scared off by the Kardashians commitment problems.

The struggling Bay Area NBA franchise is reportedly interested in bringing one of the famed sisters to Oakland along with her equally struggling basketball playing husband.

No Kris Humphries is not coming to the Warriors -- although he is still a free agent looking for home.

Instead respected Warriors' beat writer Marcus Thompson reports that Golden State is interested in bringing Lamar Odom, and by extension his wife Khloe Kardashian, to the Bay Area.

Odom, who was recently ruled inactive for the rest of the season by the Dallas Mavericks, would fill a need for the Warriors.

Golden State has four starters penciled in next season, including Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, David Lee and Andrew Bogut.

That means the team could use a small forward like Odom.

But the former Los Angeles Lakers' star has struggled this season. His averages of 6.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 20.5 minutes in his 50-game stint in Dallas were all career lows.

It is widely believed that Odom wants to return to the Lakers and that was part of why he struggled this season.

Thompson says the Warriors landing Mr. Khloe Kardashian because he would most likely have to take a pay cut to be here and he still wouldn't be in Los Angeles.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu