New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It will be fun to watch Kyrie play for the Celtics alongside their other new acquisition, Gordon Hayward.

I do feel a little sorry for IT since he gave his heart and soul to the Celtics. Hope he does well in Cleveland.

Still a little miffed at Kyrie for not speaking up sooner - Clippers would have been very happy to trade CP3 for Kyrie. ;)

New look for the Lakers, Celtics and Clippers so should be fun to watch next season (or especially the season after for the Lakers).

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It will be fun to watch Kyrie play for the Celtics alongside their other new acquisition, Gordon Hayward.

I do feel a little sorry for IT since he gave his heart and soul to the Celtics. Hope he does well in Cleveland.

Still a little miffed at Kyrie for not speaking up sooner - Clippers would have been very happy to trade CP3 for Kyrie. ;)

New look for the Lakers, Celtics and Clippers so should be fun to watch next season (or especially the season after for the Lakers).
Exciting times ahead in the NBA. Irving and Hayward were formally introduced to the media and cracked jokes with each other. Good sign.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20536340

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hopefully IT will have a great season with the Cavaliers. I wish him the best. A true pro and very dedicated and fantastic player in and out the court. Hope he gets the max contract that he deserves. Unfortunately, Boston is not the team for him in the long term. He proved that he is a Big Guy in all these happenings.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hopefully IT will have a great season with the Cavaliers. I wish him the best. A true pro and very dedicated and fantastic player in and out the court. Hope he gets the max contract that he deserves. Unfortunately, Boston is not the team for him in the long term. He proved that he is a Big Guy in all these happenings.

Hi

I may be reading too much into this. Do people realize how stellar good/excellent Kyrie Irving is? How much better he can be if he learns to pass the ball? To play a bit of defense? I mean LBJ is great and all that but do anyone honestly believe that they could have won last year without Kyrie? Please watch the Finals and you can see that no one could guard him. No one! and that included two of the best defensive players in the game (Klay Thompson and Draymond green)
Boston got the best end of the deal . With K.I. acting as magnet they may get two more high caliber players... as it stands, the Celtics aren't even bad with the current roster. This is IMO the kind of trade on which multiple championships can be built on...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi

I may be reading too much into this. Do people realize how stellar good/excellent Kyrie Irving is? How much better he can be if he learns to pass the ball? To play a bit of defense? I mean LBJ is great and all that but do anyone honestly believe that they could have won last year without Kyrie? Please watch the Finals and you can see that no one could guard him. No one! and that included two of the best defensive players in the game (Klay Thompson and Draymond green)
Boston got the best end of the deal . With K.I. acting as magnet they may get two more high caliber players... as it stands, the Celtics aren't even bad with the current roster. This is IMO the kind of trade on which multiple championships can be built on...

I fully agree with all of the above. The future looks good after a 4 year rebuild. Ainge has been much maligned after trading Pierce and Garnett and even for letting Doc out. But these days his critics are praising his moves.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I fully agree with all of the above. The future looks good after a 4 year rebuild. Ainge has been much maligned after trading Pierce and Garnett and even for letting Doc out. But these days his critics are praising his moves.

Now if only the Lakers show some pizzazz this year. It's been 5 years of desolation.

Celts will be tough in the East and nothing would give me better pleasure that KI and the Celts defeating the Cavs in the East BUT let us not forget that the GSW are still the team to beat

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
What do you guys think of the Kyrie trade? I think if he stays on the floor, the Celts take out the Cavs this yr. Saw Dick Vitale saying he thought the trade made the Cavs better. Then again he said he would have taken Tyler Hansbrough with the second pick the year he came out.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What do you guys think of the Kyrie trade? I think if he stays on the floor, the Celts take out the Cavs this yr. Saw Dick Vitale saying he thought the trade made the Cavs better. Then again he said he would have taken Tyler Hansbrough with the second pick the year he came out.

As a Celtics fan I am very very thrilled at the Kyrie trade. And I personally feel it was a very fair trade with the Cavs. We lost 2 starters in IT and Crowder plus a big and 2 future picks. That is how valuable Kyrie is, in the eyes of Ainge, and I fully agree with his valuation. I don't feel the C's will take out the Cavs next season as the chemistry will suffer a bit compared to the Cavs who still have a strong core. But I hear them taking calls for their Nets pick perhaps for a very good player - maybe Melo, Cousins, or heaven forbids - Anthony Davis. The arrival of DRose to the Cavs can push them forward as well. They they still have a good player rotation to bank on while the C's will still be juggling around with their roster.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

See my earlier post on the subject...

I have rarely seen someone who's more difficult to guard. If he learns to pass the ball a la CP3 he could be a player for the ages. No one can guard him one on one and he can shoot on top of that. Russel Westbrooks is more athletic but a good defender such as Klay Thompson can give Russel fits...Not so with Kyrie. His weakness is passing. And it is not that he doesn't have court awareness it is a mind thing: he prefers to keep the ball to himself ... need a coach and an environment he respects. He is getting this with the Celtics.. Good coach, Years of tradition, Knowledgeable Front Office and especially our of the shadow of a great but overbearing player. The trade is not fair Jadis. The Celtics got an incredible player .. Similar to New Orleans having to give Kobe to the Lakers .. Watch a few months from now and you'll see...

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I agree that the Celtics made out in this deal. Superstars are few and far between and Kyrie is a superstar.

Most of the experts disagree.

The Cavs did better than they should have given that Kyrie wanted out so kudos to Koby Altman, their rookie GM.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
See my earlier post on the subject...

I have rarely seen someone who's more difficult to guard. If he learns to pass the ball a la CP3 he could be a player for the ages. No one can guard him one on one and he can shoot on top of that. Russel Westbrooks is more athletic but a good defender such as Klay Thompson can give Russel fits...Not so with Kyrie. His weakness is passing. And it is not that he doesn't have court awareness it is a mind thing: he prefers to keep the ball to himself ... need a coach and an environment he respects. He is getting this with the Celtics.. Good coach, Years of tradition, Knowledgeable Front Office and especially our of the shadow of a great but overbearing player. The trade is not fair Jadis. The Celtics got an incredible player .. Similar to New Orleans having to give Kobe to the Lakers .. Watch a few months from now and you'll see...

Well, now Kyrie will get a chance to pass the ball a lot more, without a James type who played PG while he was on the court. I certainly agree that Kyrie is a superstar and an incredible player. Ainge just summed it up by using the word 'special' in describing KI but we all know he's a lot more than that. I can't help but recall that 7 player to 1 swap for KG that Ainge did. But to yank out yet another 1st rounder (or Jaylen Brown or Tatum) instead of the 2020 2nd rounder would be too much to a Celtics fan. In fact, there are still lots of C's fans in the forum blasting and cursing Ainge away for doing this deal. :) But as I said, I'm fine with this package, and no team can offer a BETTER package to Cleveland for an unhappy KI than Boston did. And for Altman to accept it, just shows you how hard the dynamics of being a GM in the NBA is, and for that, Altman got high praises from his former boss David Griffin. I can't wait for the season to start, lots of player movement this summer, and we have not even see possible movements of Wade and Melo yet. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing