New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers only down by 4 at the half. Brook Lopez leading scorer for the Lakers with 10 points. Lonzo has only played 13 minutes so far tonight.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
well count it as 13

Disappointing loss by the Lakers after they overcame an 18 point deficit and held several leads afterwards only to tie it at 110-110 with 15.2 seconds to go. Lillard drains a 3 to go up 113-110 final score

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That was a good game - kudos to the Lakers for playing tough on the road.

Lonzo was quiet tonight but Lopez and Kuzma were the big scorers. For a rookie Kuzma carries himself very well, no fear.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lillard has such confidence in that shot. Just needed a two but went for a 3 leaving virtually no time in the clock. Superstar move.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
It was a dagger for sure. Lillard is a superb player.

Unfortunately for me, I was rooting for the Lakers tonight.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Good comeback by C's after being down by almost 20. 101-94

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me the C's would be in a position of having the best record in the NBA right now after losing Hayward and going 0-2. I had to check twice and the C's are 7-2 while the Rockets are leading the West at 7-3. I'm elated at what or how Brad Stevens did to motivate the gang, and I hope it continues. C's also got Marcus Morris back, he certainly can help in the 3 or 4 position. And Kyrie, though not the fastest of guards, showed some great escape moves to the basket, using his left hand to score 2 baskets even at crunch time. Now most of the C fans in the forums are heralding that they all felt the trade to get Irving was a great one. Yeah. I knew that way back then. :D

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me the C's would be in a position of having the best record in the NBA right now after losing Hayward and going 0-2. I had to check twice and the C's are 7-2 while the Rockets are leading the West at 7-3. I'm elated at what or how Brad Stevens did to motivate the gang, and I hope it continues. C's also got Marcus Morris back, he certainly can help in the 3 or 4 position. And Kyrie, though not the fastest of guards, showed some great escape moves to the basket, using his left hand to score 2 baskets even at crunch time. Now most of the C fans in the forums are heralding that they all felt the trade to get Irving was a great one. Yeah. I knew that way back then. :D

Hi

I am not a Celtics fan. I am foremost a fan of Basketball. I can't believe how anyone with a modicum of understanding of the game would not see the Kyrie trade as a great one for the Celtics. They haven't had a player for the ages for quite a long time and did not have one on their roster until Kyrie came. Watching the last two NBA Finals, one thing is clear: The Cavaliers would not be able to compete if it weren't for the incredible and frankly unguardable plays of Kyrie. Lebron did his things but they would not have mattered without the threat of Kyrie. He scored almost at will. One of the best defender in the game (Klay Thompson) was so spent on guarding him that his own ( often lethal) offensive output was affected , some would say disappeared, If you can get that kind of player, in his prime and seemingly not brittle a la Derek Rose or I Thomas, you go for it, you mortgage the entire (just adequate) players you have and build a team around him. The Celtics did that and are now reaping the fruit of their dare or better: vision. The Lakers should have gone after him :(
Lucky Celtics and congrats to Danny Ainge whom I hated as a player and envy now as a GM :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi

I am not a Celtics fan. I am foremost a fan of Basketball. I can't believe how anyone with a modicum of understanding of the game would not see the Kyrie trade as a great one for the Celtics. They haven't had a player for the ages for quite a long time and did not have one on their roster until Kyrie came. Watching the last two NBA Finals, one thing is clear: The Cavaliers would not be able to compete if it weren't for the incredible and frankly unguardable plays of Kyrie. Lebron did his things but they would not have mattered without the threat of Kyrie. He scored almost at will. One of the best defender in the game (Klay Thompson) was so spent on guarding him that his own ( often lethal) offensive output was affected , some would say disappeared, If you can get that kind of player, in his prime and seemingly not brittle a la Derek Rose or I Thomas, you go for it, you mortgage the entire (just adequate) players you have and build a team around him. The Celtics did that and are now reaping the fruit of their dare or better: vision. The Lakers should have gone after him :(
Lucky Celtics and congrats to Danny Ainge whom I hated as a player and envy now as a GM :D

Well said, FrantzM. Agreed on everything but I couldn't comment on the status of Danny Ainge the player. :D I can understand why Lakers, and even Pistons fans hate him then. He was gritty, unrelenting, and even un-fearful. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I hated Ainge and Kite! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I hated Ainge and Kite! :D
Pacers fans too huh. LOL.

Kite, I hardly remember any pertinent play he did to contribute for a ring, but yeah, I'd say he was a bit gritty too and over zealous at times in his position, compared to the Chief. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well, at least I hated Laimbeer MOST :D

I was a lakers fan during that era. Keith was the C's fan :)

I became a Pacers fan because I couldn't stand the Knicks. I called Riley the traitor LOL

As much as I was a Lakers fan, I always loved Bird and DJ.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I became a Pacers fan because I couldn't stand the Knicks. I called Riley the traitor LOL

As much as I was a Lakers fan, I always loved Bird and DJ.

The Pistons in that era were darn dirty players. They had a great coach though

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
The Pistons in that era were darn dirty players. They had a great coach though

Agreed on both. Rodman and Laimbeer led the way on dirty, Daly was one of the best ever IMO, an incredible guard coach among other things. His Nets team would have done a lot of damage if not for Petrovic's accident.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Everybody who played with Isaiah said he was underrated.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Laimbeer had that 'innocent' look after a rough play, and he was the one who really made Larry Bird so mad, Bird was thrown out of a playoff game for throwing a ball at him. And then Rodman gave Bird an armlock. Oh Dennis...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Gotta chat with Keith one day re our 'heroes' then. :D

Which reminds me, my brother would clap and hoot each time the Lakers score against the Celtics in one Finals matchup, as we watched on TV. He was a sore Sixers fan as his team got booted by the C's in the playoffs. I couldn't stand his cheering right beside me so I went to another room, but he up'ed his clapping I could still hear his cheering from where I was. :D Well, today he must still be 'trusting the process' of the Sixers... :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing