New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As for Kuzma's not so hot performance in the playoffs, I feel it is due to the fact that the offense is controlled at the top 2 positions and he is a mere 'presence' to play out some relief time. He was not really groomed to be the next Lakers force, IMO.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I truly believe that Kawhi‘s preferential treatment of his load management is detrimental to the chemistry of the Clippers. He’s a pampered little star who finds it difficult to play back to back games. At $30M per season I just cannot believe he gets paid to miss about 18 games per year. and I totally understand the feelings of negativity by the rest of the team. This plus the fact that when they are losing and he’s not playing he’s always on the sidelines joking with his buddy PG. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if PG is traded or both of them move on at the end of next season. Kawhi to me lacks the very basic social skills of being a team leader. Hes always in a world of his own as he shows no facial expression and rarely has anything to say. He would instill in me,if I were a player on that team, a feeling of animosity.
Harrell and PG didn’t get along and I read Harrell is opting out. Clippers have a lot of damage control to mend otherwise Ballmer will find himself in a similar position next year

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I truly believe that Kawhi‘s preferential treatment of his load management is detrimental to the chemistry of the Clippers. He’s a pampered little star who finds it difficult to play back to back games. At $30M per season I just cannot believe he gets paid to miss about 18 games per year. and I totally understand the feelings of negativity by the rest of the team. This plus the fact that when they are losing and he’s not playing he’s always on the sidelines joking with his buddy PG. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if PG is traded or both of them move on at the end of next season. Kawhi to me lacks the very basic social skills of being a team leader. Hes always in a world of his own as he shows no facial expression and rarely has anything to say. He would instill in me,if I were a player on that team, a feeling of animosity.
Harrell and PG didn’t get along and I read Harrell is opting out. Clippers have a lot of damage control to mend otherwise Ballmer will find himself in a similar position next year
Agree, Steve. What is puzzling to me is how Nick Nurse got the LM of Kawhi to work with the rest of the Raptors for the whole season. Kawhi is indeed a strange fellow, almost like Pop, or did he acquire that stern, poker face from Pop too. :D

Steve Williams

His stern poker face to me is almost a sign of immaturity. A leader is one who leads both on and off the court. His level of play creates leadership on the floor but off the floor he seems to isolate himself from those around him. He says very little and he seems uncomfortable whenever he has a post game interview.

I like Lue but I’m not so sure whether he has the where with all to meld the multiple personalities of the players into one uniform team spirit.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
His stern poker face to me is almost a sign of immaturity. A leader is one who leads both on and off the court. His level of play creates leadership on the floor but off the floor he seems to isolate himself from those around him. He says very little and he seems uncomfortable whenever he has a post game interview.

I like Lue but I’m not so sure whether he has the where with all to meld the multiple personalities of the players into one uniform team spirit.
Well, Doc with his Ubuntu Celtics mantra failed. Good luck Tyrone.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I've never seen past greats whine so much about fouls. Those two hands out motion of James is catchy. There's a pic of him and 2 other Lakers with both hands out crying out for the refs for a call. James is not a play on type of a player, he believes he can influence everything and anything on and off the court. Jordan and other greats didn't do those, at least I don't remember them doing so. A guy like Kareem took so many physical shots from other centers who had to find a way to stop him. One time he got so full he took a shot and broke Kent Benson's jaw, but in so doing, broke his own hand.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Another difference I thought of is James is copying Jordan while Jordan wasn't copying anyone. He just became what he was. He wasn't copying any greats before him. The fact that James wears number 23 proves it all.
you have heard of Dr. J? Julius Irving.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Stephen A.: There's nothing LeBron can do to be better than Jordan

I love Stephen A

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30106648
me too.
I do not think Tom Brady is the GOAT either! Although I have no real issue with those who do.
If championships are the the measure of greatness then why not Bil Russell? Because shooters have the advantage.
Just to name one thing James is afar better field general than Jordan ever was.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I completely agree

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
me too.
I do not think Tom Brady is the GOAT either! Although I have no real issue with those who do.
If championships are the the measure of greatness then why not Bill Russell? Because shooters have the advantage.
Just to name one thing James is afar better field general than Jordan ever was.
That's the thing I always wonder about the GOAT talks - what is the category?
Rings? Consecutive titles? Most points into the hoop? (After all, Dr. Naismith invented the game to shoot balls into bushel baskets). OF ALL TIME is a long time, and to pick MJ out from a 'greatest list' spanning from the late 40s to today, that can trigger an endless debate. If it's by the number of rings, certainly I would agree that it's Bill Russell, and not only that, he and his team had 8 straight titles. These days, 3 is an ultimate feat. 11 titles in 13 years, and his last 2 titles, he was the playing Head Coach. He was literally breathless and panting to speak after his last title, a Game 7 win on the road in LA, with the now famous words in Celtics lore - I didn't want to see their balloons fall.

And I agree too, that James is a better field general than Jordan. I just heard this recently in a talk show - LeBron's game is more like Magic, and Kobe's game is more like Jordan. That again sets off more opinions. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

Lou Williams denied that there was bad blood among the Clippers due to Kawhi's situation.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-leonard-treatment

My guess is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Montrezl Harrel (who missed almost a month in The Bubble due to the death of his grandmother) and Lou (the strip club chicken wing guy) shouldn't be blaming someone else for LAC's poor playoff performance.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lou Williams denied that there was bad blood among the Clippers due to Kawhi's situation.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-leonard-treatment

My guess is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Montrezl Harrel (who missed almost a month in The Bubble due to the death of his grandmother) and Lou (the strip club chicken wing guy) shouldn't be blaming someone else for LAC's poor playoff performance.
Agree, maybe a little this or that. Something that Lue inherits now, and that is his job to figure out a way to bond these Clippers together. It would be interesting if some Raptors can shed light on the 'social' aspect of Kawhi's stay in Toronto. :D Known at the 'Terminator', did Kawhi say to them, I work alone? ( As Arnold said in his role in The Eraser). :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing