New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Agree, maybe a little this or that. Something that Lue inherits now, and that is his job to figure out a way to bond these Clippers together. It would be interesting if some Raptors can shed light on the 'social' aspect of Kawhi's stay in Toronto. :D Known at the 'Terminator', did Kawhi say to them, I work alone? ( As Arnold said in his role in The Eraser). :D
He told the Raptors “I’ll be back” :cool:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Lets face it. The NBA is a totally different entity than 20 years ago. Players now seem to try to be in control of their own destinies, demanding trades and saying they will only come if management shells out more money to bring in another super star. It's happening all over the league and there is clearly a union of duos emerging on just about every team. Now it seems that duos are not enough to assure the ring so now teams such as Lakers, Heat and I bet Clippers will chase Giannis. AD is the future of the Lakers and perhaps is jockeying for a super max contract after Le Bron retires

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well Steve, 16 years ago, there was a super quartet in LA with Karl Malone and Gary Payton joining Shaq and Kobe and they were gunning for their 4th title in 5 years. And after that there was another big 4 in Kobe, Pau, Nash, and Howard. The difference is indeed as you mentioned, players now have a lot more power and get what they want.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers have a lot to trade so this could work BUT isn't it going to Lonzo's kid brother. Not sure a Ball chemistry is a good thing for the lakers

Lakers are in "win again now" mode due to LeBron's age - don't see them having interest in rookies.

I have to admit I would enjoy it if they drafted another member of the Ball brood. Would be fun to watch. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers are in "win again now" mode due to LeBron's age - don't see them having interest in rookies.

I have to admit I would enjoy it if they drafted another member of the Ball brood. Would be fun to watch. :)
I saw some highlights of La Melo playing in the Aussie league. Quite good.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Not sure this is the great idea everyone makes it out to be

D Rose is a good player but the question is has he passed his peak and all those horrible injuries he suffered. It reminds me of the year the Lakers got Dwight and Steve Nash and oddsmakers made them favorites to win. They were a bust and Steve Nash sat most of the season with his chronic back pain

Steve Williams

Is Harden done in Houston and will they shop him for a team reboot or will they try once again to build around him and trade Westbrook

I'm not a big fan of Harden but is he destined to never win a ring

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing