New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In what ways did those two lose their marbles?
Christoph, here is the list, Marbury is number 9, and Rider is number 2. I forgot one center I truly admire, Andrew Bynum, till he just won't play properly for reasons one cannot understand.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I hate to start the day on a note that will not sit well with Phil , and Christoph but guys you have to admit, that to date LeBron is having a remarkable season and playing like he's 10 years younger. In the Kia ladder Lakers are rated number 1 and in the MVP race LeBron is also leading the way.

Having said that I do believe that there are teams in both the east and the west who match up well against the Lakers so I am only making observations not predictions'
I feel bad for the Heat who have been decimated with COVID and their W/L record confirms that

• Wow
Reactions: WLVCA

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I hate to start the day on a note that will not sit well with Phil , and Christoph but guys you have to admit, that to date LeBron is having a remarkable season and playing like he's 10 years younger. In the Kia ladder Lakers are rated number 1 and in the MVP race LeBron is also leading the way.

Having said that I do believe that there are teams in both the east and the west who match up well against the Lakers so I am only making observations not predictions'
I feel bad for the Heat who have been decimated with COVID and their W/L record confirms that
4 missed dunks (8 pts) and still won by a good margin. their defense is starting to click

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
  • Haha
Reactions: jadis and WLVCA

Steve Williams

Then don't :D
C'mon Christoph, I did follow by saying there are many teams who match up well. I feel the other good luck going for them is the absence of infection by the players other than Alex Caruso. It will I am sure reach all teams one way or another

• Haha
Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

As even previous LeBron-hater Laker fans come to love him the LBL moniker becomes defacto truth. ;)

Steve Williams

Not sure what LBL means

as far as being a hater one can only say that it’s tough not being conflicted about him having brought home the trophy last year.

I feel the Lakers are a much deeper team this year but so is every other team.

To me the bigger story right now isn’t Le Bron but rather Kyrie. A bigger nut case and distraction just doesn’t exist in the league although the Harden fiasco has been nothing more than a tarnish to his legacy. I feel it’ll be nothing but downhill for him and he will retire without a ring unless in his waning years he’s picked up as an off the bench threat by another team

I do hope the Celtics, Sixers abd Heat can regroup quickly. I see this as affecting every team at some point in the schedule

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

I mentioned Dennis Rodman as a nut case of years gone by. However when the game started he came to play and I loved watching him. His tattoos and dyed hair colors always stood out.
Heck Dennis went on to be the NBA and USA Ambassador to North Korea.

Steve Williams

LBL = LeBron Lakers
Look..... I wish I knew what to say. The league is a different entity than it was 10 years ago clearly as a result of James. You knew I wasn’t a fan. so now with a ring and looking good again, this Lakers fan of over 40 years warns my heart. What is a huge positive is the team chemistry that I see he has instilled. His team mates are animated on the sidelines and I believe they have finally not only found a good coach but so also one who is respected by Le Bron and the team. Lastly, the deep friendship between him and AD has only served to make him a mentor to AD as team heir apparent. The past 10-15 years have been nothing but horrible worsened only by the front office antics. So truly there seems to be a calm with the team that I haven’t seen since Showtime and the Magic era.

Mike, I said last year that IMO it was the Clippers to lose as I felt they were the best team. I never saw and still don’t see that camaraderie on the Clippers bench. I still feel that KL is not a team leader. He’s there for one purpose only and that was the same purpose LeBron was brought to the Lakers. IMO PG is the better team leader but I don’t see him taking control. I maintain that there will always be player animosity when it comes to load mgt and KL If he’s the goto guy, he’s got to learn to be a leader And although it’s too soon for me to say, from what I’ve seen I’m not yet sold on Lue

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Christoph, here is the list, Marbury is number 9, and Rider is number 2. I forgot one center I truly admire, Andrew Bynum, till he just won't play properly for reasons one cannot understand.

Interesting list, Phil.

Here's one of my favorites. When somewhat psycho(Meta) meets pseudo psycho(Psycho T). :D

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Steve - all you have to do is admit you love LeBron. Lots of players are unlikeable until they are on your team.

It is OK....and all in fun. No ill will intended. ;)

Besides it may be more fun for other people to hate the Nets now than the Lakers. Who could like Kyrie and Harden....and Durant has a little Darth Vader in him too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting list, Phil.

Here's one of my favorites. When somewhat psycho(Meta) meets pseudo psycho(Psycho T). :D

I remember my friend, who is a big Jordan fan, told me Artest broke Jordan's ribs in a summer camp organized by Jordan himself. And was just a practice game. He's not to be messed with.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
If I'm the Nets head coach(Nash), I will have multiple nervous breakdowns from this point forward. It's either championship or bust. The new owner wants it - NOW!

Final Harden trade tally:

Players only:
Nets lose 4 players (LeVert, Allen, Prince, Kurucs) and gain 1 (Harden).
Rockets lose 1 player (Harden) and gain 3 (Exum, Kurucs, Oladipo).
Cavs lose 1 (Exum) and gain 2 (Allen, Prince).
Pacers lose 1 (Oladipo) and gain 1 (LaVert).

Draft picks only:
Nets lose (3) 1st rounders - 2022, 2024, 2026(all unprotected), and (4 ) pick swaps that favor the Rocket - 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027.
Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks, and a future second-round pick from the Pacers.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If I'm the Nets head coach(Nash), I will have multiple nervous breakdowns from this point forward. It's either championship or bust. The new owner wants it - NOW!

Final Harden trade tally:

Players only:
Nets lose 4 players (LeVert, Allen, Prince, Kurucs) and gain 1 (Harden).
Rockets lose 1 player (Harden) and gain 3 (Exum, Kurucs, Oladipo).
Cavs lose 1 (Exum) and gain 2 (Allen, Prince).
Pacers lose 1 (Oladipo) and gain 1 (LaVert).

Draft picks only:
Nets lose (3) 1st rounders - 2022, 2024, 2026(all unprotected), and (4 ) pick swaps that favor the Rocket - 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027.
Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks, and a future second-round pick from the Pacers.
A bit dazzling to see these player movements. Looks like a good deal of all teams. But Cavs now will have 2 centers - Drummond and Allen, whom I like. Nets gave away a lot of their future, almost the same as the Boston deal for KG and Pierce. But yes, it's a win-now team. And the mystery is still not solved that is Kyrie Irving. It's OKC reunion Part II, the first one with Westbrook and Harden fizzled. Now it's up to KD rekindly his 'friendship' with Harden. If KI comes back, who will bring down the ball, Harden or KI? The answer is neither, it will be KD. Looks familiar? Tall man dribbling down the court to 'assist'? :)

Steve Williams

I am watching the Lakers game and just saw the news.Rockets gave up the farm.

If all 3 play and stay healthy and decide this is a team sort rather than fight over whose team it is, Then I would say that odds on the Lakers repeating is now going through Brooklyn

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
A bit dazzling to see these player movements. Looks like a good deal of all teams. But Cavs now will have 2 centers - Drummond and Allen, whom I like. Nets gave away a lot of their future, almost the same as the Boston deal for KG and Pierce. But yes, it's a win-now team. And the mystery is still not solved that is Kyrie Irving. It's OKC reunion Part II, the first one with Westbrook and Harden fizzled. Now it's up to KD rekindly his 'friendship' with Harden. If KI comes back, who will bring down the ball, Harden or KI? The answer is neither, it will be KD. Looks familiar? Tall man dribbling down the court to 'assist'? :)
All the Nets need now to complete the trifecta, is to trade for Westbrook. :D
Now we will have one big 'happy' reunion + Mr. Awal, flat earther, pyrotechnical, sideshow Kyrie Irving.

PS. I'm always curious if the sage burning sets off the fire alarms/sprinklers in each arena. And why does each team/arena owner allow such an act?

Steve Williams

I recently said that I felt Harden and Westbrook were going to retire without a ring.

Well all you do is demand a trade and then tell management the only team you'll agree to be traded to.........

Phil how does that blockbuster sit with you in the like of what you've been saying about LeBron

Last dynamic trio IIRC was with Le Bron in Miami

Steve Williams

I saw Andrew Bynum was on the head case list from Phil. To that I am not surprised. What surprises me is that not only is he still playing but that he is only 26 years old

• Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing