New Digital Transport (no streaming)

davenrk

Nov 27, 2020
Hi to everyone,
I'm currently own a very good cd player, YBA CD1 double power supply.
I'm thinking about moving to a digital transport + separate DAC.

I will not using streaming services.

I have a budget of 2.000 euro (in the used market) for a standalone device (2000 euro only for the transport, not the dac to be added)

On top of the list actually there a the Innuos, they have also the cd ripping, too. Maybe I could get a Zenith Mk3 1TB used.

An alternative would be the assembly of a dedicated PC, with a dedicated USB port such as JCAT Femto as output.

Do you have similar experiences? What did you choose?
Or do you have other alternatives to the Innuos?

Last edited:
I don’t think you can get a better performance with separate units than YBA CD1 for 2000€ or 5000€. Stick to your existing Cd player IMHO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu