New hipster music

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
While at a local Shindo dealer meetup, this is what the Silverlake hipsters are into- Warpaint, the Swans, and Cloud Nothings.

swans.jpg warpaint.jpg cloud.jpg

Can't say i'm really into all 3, but there you go.

KeithR

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
While at a local Shindo dealer meetup, this is what the Silverlake hipsters are into- Warpaint, the Swans, and Cloud Nothings.

KeithR

Interesting covers :)

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I bought the new Warpaint LP today, so I guess I'm a hipster ;)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hey Keith,

How did that exploration of post-rock work out for you? :D
Did you like any of the bands?

alexandre

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
How did that exploration of post-rock work out for you? :D
Did you like any of the bands?

I'm still in the middle of it- listening to Godspeed You! at the moment, actually. It's interesting how different these groups are- very different within the same genre.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, there's some diversity. But once you move to the 2nd tier bands in the genre, they sorta start to sound alike, with that same "post apocalyptic, minor chord heavy" sound...
But don't let that discourage you :) There's plenty of good stuff! The GYBE! stuff is out on vinyl, good pressings too...

alexandre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing