new Totaldac d100 speaker

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Now the d100 with an analog source:

This video shows how loud the d100 speakers can play, with a 2*160W under 8ohm amplifier. Here you can compare to the level of someone speaker loud in the room during the recording.

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Mono&Stereo magazine released a review of the Totaldac d100 speakers.

"The immediacy of the d100 allows the listener to interact with the magic of the music rather than observe sonic commodification, which is all too often the case with many speakers with much higher price tags.
Totaldac d100 wins the 2021 Mono & Stereo Highly Recommended award."

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2021/08/totaldac-d100-speakers-review.html

totaldac_d100_speakers_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2021_2022_ - 1.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The D-100 in wood veneer is much more beautiful!

219132557_381920153264006_7616446810517310016_n.jpg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
I new review has been release, by Diapason, the biggest music/hifi magasine in France:
"More than a hi-fi speaker, it's a speaker for listening to reality."

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
A review by HifiPig:
https://hifipig.com/totaldac-d100-loudspeakers/

"A big, standard looking 2.5-way loudspeaker that manages to transcend its looks with a sonic performance that draws you in and captivates with its rightness.
They are dynamic and detailed in a way that they just shouldn’t be and with a presentation that seems neutral and natural whether you play them loud or at more moderate volumes.
I want some!
Editor's choice"

Reactions: CKKeung

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Review by Michael Lavorgna:

"The d100 make listening to “When My Baby Comes” as thrilling as I’ve heard, and I’ve heard this song on a lot of systems.
I’m talking about edge of your seat, heart-pounding, adrenaline pumping pleasure to the nth degree.
...if you want listening to music on the hifi to be an event akin to attending a live event, give the totaldac d100 some serious listening time.
You may find yourself listening longer and louder and having loads more musically-oriented fun than you’re used to."

https://twitteringmachines.com/review-totaldac-d100-speakers/

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
The feedback of the d100 launch by HifiPig:
"never have we experienced something quite as good as the Totaldac d100 loudspeaker launch."

"it sounded sublime. It was a very ‘live’ sound, dynamic and energetic but also very engaging and pure, perfect to relax and enjoy. David Solomon of Qobuz came with us and thought that someone was playing the piano live when we walked onto the boat."

"As an event, this was just magical."

totaldac-paris-cruise-hifi-show-oct-2021-8.jpg

Reactions: Scott Naylor

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Review by Michael Lavorgna:

"The d100 make listening to “When My Baby Comes” as thrilling as I’ve heard, and I’ve heard this song on a lot of systems.
I’m talking about edge of your seat, heart-pounding, adrenaline pumping pleasure to the nth degree.
...if you want listening to music on the hifi to be an event akin to attending a live event, give the totaldac d100 some serious listening time.
You may find yourself listening longer and louder and having loads more musically-oriented fun than you’re used to."

https://twitteringmachines.com/review-totaldac-d100-speakers/

How could such speakers be reviewed with only solid state amps??? Criminal...

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
The first video of the Totaldac hifi system playing at the event on a yacht!

The hifi show is taking place in the 200sqm living room of a Yacht navigating across Paris and live streaming Qobuz.
The resulting sound is recorded using two microphones installed in front of the speakers and the video is taken by a moving Iphone.

Full Totaldac system composed of:
-d1-player running Roon
-d1-streamer-mk2 in Squeezelite mode
-Totaldac ethernet cable/filters
-a prototype of Totaldac ethernet switch
-reclocker d1-digital-mk2
-d1-twelve-mk2 DAC with UP12 AES-EBU cables and the new clock cable
-Echole interconnects
-live-power power supply
-custom power filter and power distributor
-d1-driver monoblocs
-Amp-1 amplifier, stereo version
-d100-chestnut speakers
-SMT diffusors
-no subwoofer is used

Last edited:

BF38

Oct 31, 2017
Hello,
I received now for several my d100 in solid chestnut wood to replace the d150 signature that a neighbor friend bought me and I must admit that apar their simple and more sober presentation, they continue to strongly impress me in their ability to embody the musical message in all these intentions with an incredible balance between softness and energy whatever the level of listening while maintaining an articulation and an outstanding clarity. To tell the truth, I never imagined one day replacing my d150 trumpets but we can always count on life, here with the help of Vincent Brient to always surprise us!... my audio system has never sounded so true.

Life is beautiful & these speakers are truly and simply amazing!

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Thank you!
Here the Totaldac Ambassador list shows some system using a full Totaldac system including the d100 speakers (and more and more photos will be included):

new_york_ambassador2.jpg

flevoland.jpg

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Here is the first photo of a custom 12inch speaker frame made of wood, a future option for the d100-chestnut.
This is probably unique in the world.
The bass/mid driver of the d100 and d100-chestnut is already a proprietary driver, giving the possibility to customize also the speaker frame.
Now it is time install the magnet and the moving part.
This way the d100-chestnut can have:
-a solid wood cabinet
-a solid wood horn
-and even a wooden speaker frame for the main driver!

wooden speaker frame no paint.jpg

wooden speaker frame int.jpg

wooden speaker frame top.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Vincent,
This is eye-opening!

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
The new optional bass/mid driver for the Totaldac d100-chestnut speaker is ready!
Wooden frame, super light cone...

mounted_back.jpg

Attachments

• print.jpg
    print.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing