NEW ZenWave PSR-14 UPOCC Silver Ribbon Power Cable

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I totally agree with some members' feedback here, the Zenwave PSR-14 power cables really shine when your system up to a high revealing level. I initially paired Zenwave PSR-14 with one of power supply in my dual PSUs of MSB Discrete DAC. So PSR-14 and the PSU feed streamer/digital modules and Furutech DPS4.1 and another PSU feed DAC analog section , the result was very impressed for clean, clarify and details. At that time, I thought the PSR-14 cable is great for the price verus big brand such as Nordost Vahalla 2 that I owned.

However, when I upgraded MSB Discrete DAC to MSB Premier with Premier Powerbase, this is where PSR-14 really shines when it beats the Vahalla 2 and even more expensive Zensati Angel power cables to bring a perfect synergy matching to the whole system. Just keep in mind that MSB Premier DAC is a much more detailed DAC and very true to source and tone. PSR-14's strong advantages are accurate and tonally correct in this system.
It brings up the mid, make vocal to pop up and highlighted in a very natural organic way, not exaggerate like Nordost Vahalla 2 in high/bottom or too smooth like Zensati Angel pcs.

So if you own PSR-14, do not judge them by first hours or first few weeks, play with those cables and your system in long term manners, your system performance will be pushed to Nivara state when the right cables at the right place or in a correct combination. Cables compensate each other for their own properties.

My system is Cube Mini Nenuphar speakers, Firstwatt SIT-3 amp, Pass labs XP-12 pre and MSB Premier DAC.
ICs and speaker cables are Zensati Seraphim and Zorro,

* Another feedback for PCR-11 on my mate's sytem, he replaced Voodoo PCs (entry level) by Zenwave PCR-11 for his Devialet 440 monos to feed PMC25.26, first minutes were impressed enough to say they will be keeper in his setup. I borrowed the two PCR-11 to replace two Furutech DPS4.1 in my system, one for power board feed and one for Mcintosh MC462 feed, PCR-11 are weight better cables in tone, details and overall performance, no brainer if anyone is considering top-of line Furutech PC or Zenwave PCR-11, run to get PCR-11 please.

Thanks very much for posting your thoughts on the PSR-14! :)

I especially value the report of the cable taking a long time to settle down, burn-in and show what it can do. For a few reasons burn-in is especially noticeable on the ribbon cables and this makes demos a little difficult. I am working on a process to mitigate this issue but for now patience is the only solution and it's in limited supply, especially when there are other cables to compare and a decision must be made within a limited window of time.

I have tried to design the PSR-14 to be as technically perfect as possible in both design and materials, it is satisfying when folks improve their gear and the cable shows even more is possible as well, especially when you're talking about the world's best (IMO) digital to analog converters!

@Addicted to hifi I do have demo cables and will send them to WBF members for free, you're welcome to demo a couple of cables and see what you think. :) PSR-14 is intended for DACs and Preamps, along with other low power draw components.

Ikhuong

Jun 22, 2021
I am working on a process to mitigate this issue but for now patience is the only solution and it's in limited supply, especially when there are other cables to compare and a decision must be made within a limited window of time.
Yes, I think it is important, I lent PSR-14 to my mate to try in his system with Mola mola Tambaqui DAC, he pulled out and returned next day with comments that it is too lean for his taste. I let him try Nordost Vahalla 2 and he was impressed with added bass and additional sparks to make his system less dull. Interesting that many my audiophile mates with 10-20 years experience in highend setup, none of them like Vahalla 2 for those sparks, lol, it makes "s" and "es" for plural in English songs to be some "sssssssssss" and "essssssss" which are too much.

After a month or two of burning-in, the PSR-14 cable has changed my initial impression, it is not lean but a tonality correct cable which is important for source devices. For long term matching, PSR-14 needs some compensation from other "thicker or more body" cables such as Furutech DPS4.1 or PCR-11 in downstream components or at least a non-neutral component such as a warm amplifier or tube pre.

PSR-14 has stayed permanently on my MSB DAC now, not Valhalla 2 or Zensati in my case.

Reactions: DaveC

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Yes, I think it is important, I lent PSR-14 to my mate to try in his system with Mola mola Tambaqui DAC, he pulled out and returned next day with comments that it is too lean for his taste. I let him try Nordost Vahalla 2 and he was impressed with added bass and additional sparks to make his system less dull. Interesting that many my audiophile mates with 10-20 years experience in highend setup, none of them like Vahalla 2 for those sparks, lol, it makes "s" and "es" for plural in English songs to be some "sssssssssss" and "essssssss" which are too much.

After a month or two of burning-in, the PSR-14 cable has changed my initial impression, it is not lean but a tonality correct cable which is important for source devices. For long term matching, PSR-14 needs some compensation from other "thicker or more body" cables such as Furutech DPS4.1 or PCR-11 in downstream components or at least a non-neutral component such as a warm amplifier or tube pre.

PSR-14 has stayed permanently on my MSB DAC now, not Valhalla 2 or Zensati in my case.

I am auditioning the PSR-11 now and super impressed with it. I agree with your characterization, it's spot on. It's definitely a tonally correct cable, very neutral, but also super smooth, and musical with some nice sparkle. I am bringing in the copper cables just to compare, but I could likely stop right here with the silver and be very happy. Ironically I am running it on my amp and that is where the most sonic impact is.

These are really excellent cables, I highly recommend people try these at home before you settle on the more mainstream brands. It is likely going to displace all my Tellurium Q power cables.

Reactions: DaveC and Ikhuong

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing