Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Hi everybody,
I'm watching this thread for a while now!
I ordered 2 arms from Alfred last october and paid in advance.
After a short conversation, I decided to order from him directly.
Did not receive anything until now.
Talked to him yesterday, but it was a short conversation where he told me that he is on the way to the hospital....
Has anyone heard from Alfred in the last two weeks? Hopefully, he is ok and out of the hospital.

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Has anyone heard from Alfred in the last two weeks? Hopefully, he is ok and out of the hospital.
What’s really disturbing is that his EBay Site has continuously been updated with new items for sale, purchases and such over the past 2 months. In fact there’s been the addition of the new “brass” Versions during this time period.

Andy

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
eBay is no help either since the item was ordered more than 90 days ago :mad:

Edit: I just sent him an email via his Yahoo address and also on eBay. Hopefully, I will get some kind of response.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Sadly, it seems he picks and chooses who he answers too. I did not get replies to my mails for the past 2 weeks but a friend did... I am waiting for my dava specific tonearm.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph

obogosa

Feb 14, 2023
Alfred wrote me an email last friday.
He only told me that he has to visit emergency again and promised to mail the the next day,
but since then total silence .....

• Sad
Reactions: shadowlight

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
So heard back from Alfred today via eBay via an inquiry that I had sent to him on his other items. I had opened a case with eBay which they closed promptly after 21 days saying no activity when messages were going back between Alfred and me and no way to contact eBay about the case that I could find. Thanks, eBay :rolleyes:

Now Alfred has to check where the money is being held out of his account that was designated as a refund for me. If money was not taken out of his account to refund me he said he will ship the tonearm. Let's see how long that takes

• Sad
Reactions: christoph

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
I’m going to open a case with EBay if the tonearm doesn’t show up by the delivery date….

My frustration is that when I contacted him prior to purchasing he made delivery date promises that have come and gone…

If his eBay ”store” wasn’t continually updated during the same time period as him saying he’s in the hospital and can’t respond, I’d be much more understanding….

Reactions: shadowlight

obogosa

Feb 14, 2023
I can totally understand the frustration, but I do not believe that Alfred is a Scammer!

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
All that communication difficulties don’t sound normal to me just like possibility of finding so many NOS Ortofon tonearm bases and bearing assemblies through the years.

obogosa

Feb 14, 2023
I called Alfred today and we had an nice conversation. He told me that he has no health issues the last few days.
We talked also about the whole situation, and he does not try to play it down.
He told me that his biggest mistake is that he somehow has lost track about who order of purchase.
Actually he is trying to clean up the messy situation.
Personally I do believe him and as somebody already said, if you just consider the time as part of the deal, it is still an incredible bargain.

Reactions: Artnet and bonzo75

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
He also got back to me today with something similar. Hopefully, he is able to figure out who ordered when and start shipping in the order payments were made with accurate timelines and clear out the backlog. Hoping that I will have something positive to report next week fingers crossed.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is there a pattern on whether eBay orders or email orders are being serviced faster?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
eBay seemed to be during my experience. He had someone that manages it for him.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Maybe a stupid question for Bokrand Tonearm owners, but why go through all this anxiety and worry and stress waiting so long for a promised delivery and thinking in the end that you might not get the tonearm ?

Surely there are many other Tonearms on the market at a similar price (including second hand Tonearms) that perform just as well or even better !

Reactions: Kcin and mtemur

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Maybe a stupid question for Bokrand Tonearm owners, but why go through all this anxiety and worry and stress waiting so long for a promised delivery and thinking in the end that you might not get the tonearm ?

Surely there are many other Tonearms on the market at a similar price (including second hand Tonearms) that perform just as well or even better !

it’s 1600 or so and high quality, what do you get for that amount in the used market?

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
it’s 1600 or so and high quality, what do you get for that amount in the used market?
Not a lot actually 'bonzo75', thinking about it.

So it's mainly value for money vs its quality (and I guess also the performance of the Bokrand) that makes it so desirable and is worth the agonising wait and hope you will receive it (which I assume all people do eventually receive their Bokrand and are more than happy with it ?)

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020

If you read around, many people like the sound of Bokrand better than all but the Glanz for SPUs. I had one and I think it was at least the equal of my SME 3012R but the lack of the sliding base made it impractical for me since, at the time, I was using a bunch of different cartridges.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing