Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
If you read around, many people like the sound of Bokrand better than all but the Glanz for SPUs. I had one and I think it was at least the equal of my SME 3012R but the lack of the sliding base made it impractical for me since, at the time, I was using a bunch of different cartridges.
Thank you 'Fishfood'. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Fishfood

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Alfred contacted me and said my arm would ship this week, was disappointed that he missed the promised delivery date by a couple of months, but I’ll be satisfied with the arm I’m sure :)

Hope he gets everyones orders out soonest.…

Andy

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Alfred contacted me and said my arm would ship this week, was disappointed that he missed the promised delivery date by a couple of months, but I’ll be satisfied with the arm I’m sure :)

Hope he gets everyones orders out soonest.…

Andy
Congratulation. Glad to hear you will get the arm soon.

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
I ordered, and paid, for a Bokrand arm in late October. I was told the arm would be finished in November/December. Last time I heard anything from him was about a month ago. Then he promised the arm would be posted in 2-3 days. After that he stopped answering messages on Ebay… Getting somewhat frustrated.
If it wasn’t for the fact that I really want (would like to say need) that tonearm, I def would ask Ebay for a refund. Wish he could be honest on delivery dates and production. It is frustrating that he now has new arms on Ebay, and promise delivery times that I absolutely can’t understand that he can fulfill.

Really need that arm asap, but what can you do when he has stopped replying my messages?

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I ordered, and paid, for a Bokrand arm in late October. I was told the arm would be finished in November/December. Last time I heard anything from him was about a month ago. Then he promised the arm would be posted in 2-3 days. After that he stopped answering messages on Ebay… Getting somewhat frustrated.
If it wasn’t for the fact that I really want (would like to say need) that tonearm, I def would ask Ebay for a refund. Wish he could be honest on delivery dates and production. It is frustrating that he now has new arms on Ebay, and promise delivery times that I absolutely can’t understand that he can fulfill.

Really need that arm asap, but what can you do when he has stopped replying my messages?

I ordered in October also and I am in the same boat. If you do decide to open a case with eBay make sure to pay attention to 21 day timeline along with any reminder messages from eBay if they need to step in. I had opened the case and I thought since Alfred had responded to me the clock would rest along with my messages back to him, but nope it did not reset and now the case is closed so no longer have any idea if I am going to get refund or the tonearm, along with timeframe on either.

That 21 day timeline is critical for eBay to do anything for you.

At this point I am basically screwed and I will have to treat this as an expensive lesson .

• Wow
Reactions: JH_No

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Well, once again Alfred didn’t meet his own expectation, no shipping or tracking number….My hope and wishes are that he gets ahold of his business and stop making promises he can’t keep.

Andy

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Well, once again Alfred didn’t meet his own expectation, no shipping or tracking number….My hope and wishes are that he gets ahold of his business and stop making promises he can’t keep.

Andy

Sorry, to hear that Andy. He has gone quiet on me also. The impression that I am getting is he does not have enough raw materials to meet the demand and he is still accepting orders so his timelines to complete the order are getting longer and longer. His spotty communication does not help either.

I am hoping you hear from him soon with a tracking number that is getting regular updates from the carrier.

MarcusD

Sep 28, 2022
Yes but he will still happily give you a (totally made up) delivery time frame and take your money for a new order, really Alfred would be better to get off ebay until he has some stock built up and then sell it, it seems hard to fathom why he would want to operate in this fashion.

Reactions: shadowlight

obogosa

Feb 14, 2023
Same here! A week ago he promised that he will at least ship one of the two tonearms I ordered back in october on monday.
But until today no email, no tracking, no tonearm.....

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Shocking !....the worry and stress some of you are having with this crazy waiting and hoping sarge !

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
^I used a sliding base for my AS-230 in the beginning. 20 mm hole fits the Ortofon mast. I purchased it on eBay. It looks very much like the SME bases Sorane supply for their arms.
I needed more space behind the arm stub (it touched the lid) so I had a new arm board made for Bokrands own arm base.

Sorry to read about the continuing illcommunication. I had my share too.
Very pleased with the actual product though.

Attachments

• 759A1D33-8A76-4192-9F6A-E1EF8D63F9E0.jpeg
    759A1D33-8A76-4192-9F6A-E1EF8D63F9E0.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 48F8B72A-A0B6-46F3-8A2C-EA697B698D3B.jpeg
    48F8B72A-A0B6-46F3-8A2C-EA697B698D3B.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: shadowlight

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I have asked eBay to see if they can reopen the case. I am hoping that they are able to reopen and help resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JH_No

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
@shadowlight

I‘m curious what the estimated delivery date(s) were,? it’s generally several months on his arms, so one has to wait until after the latest date to get eBay to get involved….

By eBay projected delivery date(s) Alfred still has a couple of weeks left to deliver my arm. However he sent me a note originally promising delivery in late January…

Good luck,

Andy

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
@shadowlight

I‘m curious what the estimated delivery date(s) were,? it’s generally several months on his arms, so one has to wait until after the latest date to get eBay to get involved….

By eBay projected delivery date(s) Alfred still has a couple of weeks left to deliver my arm. However he sent me a note originally promising delivery in late January…

Good luck,

Andy
Based on eBay the delivery date was supposed to be Nov. 25th or so which was 30 business days after payment on Oct. 15th. I waited until Jan.23rd to open a case after Alfred had asked me multiple times for my email and phone number to generate shipping information. Alfred provided me with a shipping label after I opened the case with eBay on Jan.23rd. That tracking number has not made any progress since it was shared. The last communication I had with him was on March 5th when he stated that he would go through the orders to figure out if eBay was holding payment since I opened the case. He had also mentioned that the arm was available to ship and he had 40 orders in the queue.

If he had shipped the arm as promised after generating the shipping label we would not have ended up in the current situation. As I said previously if you do have to open a case with eBay make sure to pay special attention to the 21 days since you opened the case and keep an eye on any messages from eBay asking if they need to step in. I did not realize that the 21 days do not reset when you are in communication.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Has anyone heard from Alfred in the last two weeks? Hopefully, he is ok and out of the hospital.
here is an open letter to all my customers, why the deliveries have become such a disaster for me.

explanation of my situation: I'll be 74 this month and have been living alone for many years. In the last 10 months I've had migraine attacks almost every day, which now only occur rarely cause a dependency (drug-induced headache) i got migraine every day and therefore have to take these pills every day. as a result i often could not work for days or only by the hour. i had started to sell my tonearms on ebay in 2013 as a private person, because it was always should only be my hobby. ebay then forced me to list myself as a professional seller because the sales were too high. I never expected that my tonearms would be so successful worldwide been rolled over outside of ebay and then lost the overview. unfortunately I didn't create a book where I recorded the orders with the customers e.i got and still get about 10-15 emails every day with inquiries and questions about technical details.since my english isn't that good,i need at least 10 minutes for each email.that's 120-150 minutes a day (2-2.5 hours) after 3 days that's already more than 30 emails. If I don't go back far enough then I've overlooked and forgotten many emails. I was then often horrified to see that customers who had contacted us after a long time still hadn't received their tonearm and I then tried to make it quickly and send it off.

I've gotten into this situation now where there are more than 30 customers waiting for their tonearm. You must have an extra person for communication but I don't have one. My earnings with the tonearms are very small, because money was never my focus, additional helpers were therefore not possible. for a few days my daughter has been helping me to sort out this tricky situation that's more than 30 days to send them all out. Of course, I always react immediately when a customer complains about his tonearm and then tries to make and ship the tonearm quickly and then sends it to another customer (caused by medication).

This whole situation bothers me a lot because I always want to satisfy my customers. I've been feeling better for 1 week and I can work many hours in the workshop again. At the beginning I was always in the workshop for up to 12 hours, without stress, since it was always just supposed to be my hobby see a used Ortofon AS-212 (currently 300-400 euros) can calculate my earnings myself. I always need an Ortofon AS 212 for modification, there are also turned parts made of brass, lift and much more. There is only a symbolic gain for 8 hours of work. I have been constantly improving the tonearms since 2013 and have never raised the price. Due to the worldwide success and the extremely high rating of my customers, maybe many would have done it.

But as I said, money has never been my driving force. I enjoy making such a beautiful tonearm and it is a satisfying occupation.

All in all, i hope with the help of my daughter to bring more order to this tricky situation and through my daughter have more time to make the tonearms

here is an open letter to all my customers, why the deliveries have become such a disaster for me.

explanation of my situation: I'll be 74 this month and have been living alone for many years. In the last 10 months I've had migraine attacks almost every day, which now only occur rarely cause a dependency (drug-induced headache) i got migraine every day and therefore have to take these pills every day. as a result i often could not work for days or only by the hour. i had started to sell my tonearms on ebay in 2013 as a private person, because it was always should only be my hobby. ebay then forced me to list myself as a professional seller because the sales were too high. I never expected that my tonearms would be so successful worldwide been rolled over outside of ebay and then lost the overview. unfortunately I didn't create a book where I recorded the orders with the customers e.i got and still get about 10-15 emails every day with inquiries and questions about technical details.since my english isn't that good,i need at least 10 minutes for each email.that's 120-150 minutes a day (2-2.5 hours) after 3 days that's already more than 30 emails. If I don't go back far enough then I've overlooked and forgotten many emails. I was then often horrified to see that customers who had contacted us after a long time still hadn't received their tonearm and I then tried to make it quickly and send it off.

I've gotten into this situation now where there are more than 30 customers waiting for their tonearm. You must have an extra person for communication but I don't have one. My earnings with the tonearms are very small, because money was never my focus, additional helpers were therefore not possible. for a few days my daughter has been helping me to sort out this tricky situation that's more than 30 days to send them all out. Of course, I always react immediately when a customer complains about his tonearm and then tries to make and ship the tonearm quickly and then sends it to another customer (caused by medication).

This whole situation bothers me a lot because I always want to satisfy my customers. I've been feeling better for 1 week and I can work many hours in the workshop again. At the beginning I was always in the workshop for up to 12 hours, without stress, since it was always just supposed to be my hobby see a used Ortofon AS-212 (currently 300-400 euros) can calculate my earnings myself. I always need an Ortofon AS 212 for modification, there are also turned parts made of brass, lift and much more. There is only a symbolic gain for 8 hours of work. I have been constantly improving the tonearms since 2013 and have never raised the price. Due to the worldwide success and the extremely high rating of my customers, maybe many would have done it.

But as I said, money has never been my driving force. I enjoy making such a beautiful tonearm and it is a satisfying occupation.

All in all, i hope with the help of my daughter to bring more order to this tricky situation and through my daughter have more time to make the tonearms

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
you won't find anyone in the world who lost money with me or didn't get their tonearm in the end.i give a 5-year guarantee on my tonearms and am very generous if i can help. A customer bought a used 12" Ortofon on the open market (the tonearm was mine, a very early model) he asked me if I could fix it because some things weren't working well (lift ect). My answer: send me the tonearm and you will get a brand new one from me. It doesn't cost anything, you only have to pay the postage. In the many years (since 2013) I have helped many and asked nothing in return. where are the comments of those i helped?
Based on eBay the delivery date was supposed to be Nov. 25th or so which was 30 business days after payment on Oct. 15th. I waited until Jan.23rd to open a case after Alfred had asked me multiple times for my email and phone number to generate shipping information. Alfred provided me with a shipping label after I opened the case with eBay on Jan.23rd. That tracking number has not made any progress since it was shared. The last communication I had with him was on March 5th when he stated that he would go through the orders to figure out if eBay was holding payment since I opened the case. He had also mentioned that the arm was available to ship and he had 40 orders in the queue.

If he had shipped the arm as promised after generating the shipping label we would not have ended up in the current situation. As I said previously if you do have to open a case with eBay make sure to pay special attention to the 21 days since you opened the case and keep an eye on any messages from eBay asking if they need to step in. I did not realize that the 21 days do not reset when you are in communication.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Why does he produce them so out of order?

All in all, i hope with the help of my daughter to bring more order to this tricky situation and through my daughter have more time to make the tonearms.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
What’s confusing is taking new orders, the updates to eBay, and his promises to fulfill orders in short order…These things prompted me to ask him why he’s not postponing his sales or at least using the “I’m away“ option?
636 / 5.000

i have no financial reserves and have to sell on ebay so i can always buy new parts and make a living from them.at my low prices there is not enough left over to save anything.customers have written to me that my tonearms with this high performance at least 1,000 to 2,000 I do it all because I enjoy making such precise tonearms so much every day. The satisfaction of my customers is my reward. Not the few euros that remain after deducting the high Ebay commissions. I always answer openly and honestly. I hope everyone gives me credit for that

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
you won't find anyone in the world who lost money with me or didn't get their tonearm in the end.i give a 5-year guarantee on my tonearms and am very generous if i can help. A customer bought a used 12" Ortofon on the open market (the tonearm was mine, a very early model) he asked me if I could fix it because some things weren't working well (lift ect). My answer: send me the tonearm and you will get a brand new one from me. It doesn't cost anything, you only have to pay the postage. In the many years (since 2013) I have helped many and asked nothing in return. where are the comments of those i helped?
Alfred, I am glad to hear that. I am still interested in getting the tonearm that was ordered but you need to provide me with a realistic timeline on when I will receive it, considering that it is 3 1/2 months past the original ship date and 2 1/2 months past when you provided me with tracking information.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Alfred, I am glad to hear that. I am still interested in getting the tonearm that was ordered but you need to provide me with a realistic timeline on when I will receive it, considering that it is 3 1/2 months past the original ship date and 2 1/2 months past when you provided me with tracking information.

help me to find your order alfredbokrand-at-yahoo-de

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing