Feb 1, 2023
help me to find your order alfredbokrand-at-yahoo-de
Alfred:

Glad your recovering, and posting here…

Just sent you an email about my order also,

Andy

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
It has been two months since I have paid but I am not even getting replies to my emails. Some people do, so that is even worse! I hope he is ok but this is not a good way to conduct business...

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
you won't find anyone in the world who lost money with me or didn't get their tonearm in the end.i give a 5-year guarantee on my tonearms and am very generous if i can help. A customer bought a used 12" Ortofon on the open market (the tonearm was mine, a very early model) he asked me if I could fix it because some things weren't working well (lift ect). My answer: send me the tonearm and you will get a brand new one from me. It doesn't cost anything, you only have to pay the postage. In the many years (since 2013) I have helped many and asked nothing in return. where are the comments of those i helped?

Thank you Alfred for your generosity and detailed explanation. I very much appreciate your wonderful tonearm.
It is distressing to listen to customers anxiety in waiting for their orders but very reassuring that no one has been forgotten.

There are plenty of satisfied customers on this and other threads that have shared there experience so new buyers should be well aware.
I am grateful of your Post it puts a human face so to speak to your hand crafted product and hope you can do more when time permits.

I cant comment on others experience or the ebay selling platform as i dont use it but am aware that the Seller Hub can provide assistance in order processing. It may or may not be a helpful tool in your circumstance?

What I can comment on is the price increases in my industry within the last 18 months, some 20 to 30 % on materials, energy and transport costs and rising.
I hope there is sufficient left over for your labor and more!

But as I said, money has never been my driving force. I enjoy making such a beautiful tonearm and it is a satisfying occupation

Most sincerely glad to hear you enjoy what you do and can express my gratitude once more for your tone arm as the pleasure it provides far out ways the $'s spent.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
But still there is no explanation why he didn't stop taking new orders over ebay or why he didn't use "seller is away" option? Why he is taking new orders when he can not build as fast as new orders came in?

Last edited:

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Well. There is a single item for sale on the Bay now. That’s all, and if I had the space for a 12” I’d buy it because of the sheer quality of the transformation of these old Ortofon arms and because I’m sure that Alfred with the help from his daughter will get the backlog sorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: JH_No and Artnet

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Afred

Contacted me today saying he would update my order tomorrow, I’ll report back…..

Andy

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
Well. There is a single item for sale on the Bay now. That’s all, and if I had the space for a 12” I’d buy it because of the sheer quality of the transformation of these old Ortofon arms and because I’m sure that Alfred with the help from his daughter will get the backlog sorted.
I just got a new item posted on eBay for the same arm that I ordered, along with 3 other items. So he is still listing new items.

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
After several messages from Alfred saying the arm will ship or that he will contact me giving a status update, there’s been no updates.

His last message referenced above said he would contact me yesterday, nothing yesterday and nothing as of yet today….

Andy

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
^Indeed he lists new items again. Those new ones with sand blasted brass and continous wiring really look smart I must say.

When he finally sent my arm in January there was an additional delay.
Here's to Alfred's health and your tonearms!

Adnick

Feb 1, 2023
Alfred just contacted me saying he’s going to ship next Monday….

Andy

Reactions: shadowlight

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I hope he'll raise his prices and get the orders out.

Wish there was something to do to help his migraines. From someone who has struggled with head pain at times, it's bad. But I've figured out things that work and don't for me so now it's rare. It's not the same for all.

Reactions: Kjetil and Artnet

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Afred

Contacted me today saying he would update my order tomorrow, I’ll report back…..

Andy
I got the same mail but no follow ups… still waiting.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Alfred followed up and he told me he is trying to catch up with 35 tonearm back orders.

He told me mine will be ready in a week.

I will let you know when he does.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Alfred followed up and he told me he is trying to catch up with 35 tonearm back orders.

He told me mine will be ready in a week.

I will let you know when he does.
Let's keep the fingers crossed :oops:

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
Got hold of Alfred today, my order had dissapeared (ordered in mid november...), but he promised me an arm the coming week, super!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing