Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Hey guys,

Adrian here.
I ordered a Bokrand couple of weeks ago, but can't reach Alfred anyhow.
After reading this I'm very happy that I payed with PayPal, since I can just get my money back, but I don't want to brute force this.
Could anyone let me know how I can contact Alfred via mail or phone? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Adrian
Hi Adrian,

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

Regards
Alfred

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
It's shocking and very disrespectful how people are being treated by Mr Bokrand.....Ignorance is Bliss !
Have you bought a tonearm from me? Have you lost money with me?

I got into this situation. But many people simply don't respect it and they rise above others. I hope that these people don't end up in the same situation, because it's not very nice for me and it puts a lot of stress on me. I work with everyone Day 12 -14 hours working on getting everything in order with my customers.

I am now 74 years old and have migraines every day and have to take strong tablets. I will now satisfy all customers in a short time and then no longer offer tonearms. I have been manufacturing these tonarem since 2013 and have well over 500 satisfied customers all over the world, so comments like yours shouldn't affect me. But they do because I'm a very sensitive person.

From now on I will no longer make any statements here in the forum because I have said everything in my public and honest statements, but some like you do not respect and honor them. I'm ending my membership here in the forum, I have better things to do in my life than wasting my time replying to comments like yours I recommend you spend more time enjoying music instead of venting to other people.

Once again: I won't be making any more tonearms soon. If you don't make any mistakes and are perfect, then you can build one yourself.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
It is very sad. It has been 10 months and no refund no tonearm for me... Just a short email saying he is out and not home! This is all I got.
I'm in the same boat. Ebay informs me that the purchase isn't covered by their money back guarantee and Mr Bokrand isn't answering my emails anymore after we had a positive communication going back and forth.
who is tomcat? here is my address

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

Write me your full name and I can check the entire process. Please also provide your bank details and you will get your money back immediately. Then you can write a positive report about me instead of complaining here and publishing my honest statements here in the forum to ignore and not respect my situation

Tomcat1969

Jul 19, 2023

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

Write me your full name and I can check the entire process. Please also provide your bank details and you will get your money back immediately. Then you can write a positive report about me instead of complaining here and publishing my honest statements here in the forum to ignore and not respect my situation
In our correspondence I have been patient, respectful and sympathetic of your situation and have said repeatedly that I do not wish to make things more difficult for you. I'm not really complaining.

I sold equipment to raise the money and I live on a monthly pension roughly equal to the cost of the arm I ordered so I think many people would complain and have bad things to say in this situation. Don't you?

td124

Oct 22, 2023
Antwerp, Belgium
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I ordered my 2nd Bokrand arm September 2022, first arm is the 12" Banana i bought a year or so earlier. I bought both direct with bank transfer.
Over that long period, I have spoken to Alfred several times, exchanged several mails.
While the long wait is a bit frustrating, it is good to see that some are getting delivered and hope my order will follow soon.
Hi Alfred, if you read this, my arm is the 10" J-shape for Hendrik.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
After reading posts in this thread, I just have one question. Why would anyone send money to this guy? It seems like your odds of ever receiving a tonearm are less than 50%.

He may be a nice fellow and he may make a nice tonearm, but if he won’t send out product, what’s the point?

Reactions: mtemur

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

Hi Alfred. This is Sami Okan Soylu. I have sent an email to you with my bank account details and I am waiting for the refund.

I respected your situation for over 10 months. There are many emails in between with many excuses and some where you say you are going to send me my tonearm in a week... I will complain until the situation is corrected. I will include these emails too in future complaints and I will do it not just here but in all audio forums I know of and send emails to paypal and ebay as well.

For the rest of the forum members, If Alfred refunds me I will let people here know about it. Also for everybody to see, here is the email confirmation that he sent on 21st of January 2023, stating he has received the funds.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 16.03.59.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 16.03.59.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
In our correspondence I have been patient, respectful and sympathetic of your situation and have said repeatedly that I do not wish to make things more difficult for you. I'm not really complaining.

I sold equipment to raise the money and I live on a monthly pension roughly equal to the cost of the arm I ordered so I think many people would complain and have bad things to say in this situation. Don't you?
Dear Billy,

I'm really sorry, I confused you with someone else. That's why you're writing to me here on the forum. You have my email address and we've communicated about it. Why don't you write to me at my email address and write here. because of my medication for my daily migraines, I often no longer know who ordered what and when.

After I found your full name in your email, I remembered again and I was previously of the opinion that I had already sent you the arm and Everything would be settled.

I'm really sorry that I responded so harshly to you here in the forum. Of course you will get your arm immediately, even if I have to work at night. Please give me your full address and phone number for booking with DHL on my email, which you have. I have also sent this message to your email address.

luca78

Oct 22, 2023
italy
Hello
I'm also new to the forum, I found this thread by chance. I ordered a tonearm a few weeks ago directly from Mr Bokrand, after confirming via email that it would be shipped in 7 working days...but unfortunately this has not happened yet.
I am not here to discredit or defame @alfredbokrand , I greatly admire his competence and professionalism.
I "heard" one of his tonearms from a friend of mine and I fell in love with it, to the point of deciding to buy it, although for me it is a fairly high expense.
Since he participates in this forum, I would like to ask him to give certain times to those who order work from him, to clearly tell his customers if to produce and shipping a tonearm takes 1 week or 1 year.
this would be greatly appreciated, and the customer would decide whether he can wait or whether he prefers to buy other products (from other sellers), without waiting too long.
Usually, in every sector, when a job is commissioned, deadlines are also established, which must be respected by everyone.

viliuset

Sep 21, 2020
Hello
I'm also new to the forum, I found this thread by chance. I ordered a tonearm a few weeks ago directly from Mr Bokrand, after confirming via email that it would be shipped in 7 working days...but unfortunately this has not happened yet.
I am not here to discredit or defame @alfredbokrand , I greatly admire his competence and professionalism.
I "heard" one of his tonearms from a friend of mine and I fell in love with it, to the point of deciding to buy it, although for me it is a fairly high expense.
Since he participates in this forum, I would like to ask him to give certain times to those who order work from him, to clearly tell his customers if to produce and shipping a tonearm takes 1 week or 1 year.
this would be greatly appreciated, and the customer would decide whether he can wait or whether he prefers to buy other products (from other sellers), without waiting too long.
Usually, in every sector, when a job is commissioned, deadlines are also established, which must be respected by everyone.
Same here. I ordered one three weeks ago, promised shipping a week after. Then a couple of emails later no answer.
I totally agree with you. You cannot sell things that you don't have or at least give reasonable shipping times. I was expecting to get it last week and mount it on my new plinth. Now I have no tonearm, the project is on hold, the record player and plinth are dismounted and I don't know if I should pack things up because it's just taking so much space in our living room.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtemur and luca78

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I ordered one three weeks ago, promised shipping a week after. Then a couple of emails later no answer.
You cannot sell things that you don't have or at least give reasonable shipping times. I was expecting to get it last week and mount it on my new plinth.
You are right on all accounts but when there are too many defenders encouraging Bokrand here on this forum it’s highly unlikely to expect that your situation will be solved soon.

MarcusD

Sep 28, 2022
Same here. I ordered one three weeks ago, promised shipping a week after. Then a couple of emails later no answer.
I totally agree with you. You cannot sell things that you don't have or at least give reasonable shipping times. I was expecting to get it last week and mount it on my new plinth. Now I have no tonearm, the project is on hold, the record player and plinth are dismounted and I don't know if I should pack things up because it's just taking so much space in our living room.
Launch a complaint through Ebay, Alfred takes those seriously because it cuts off his money. And please remember there are people here (not me) that have been waiting a year for a tonearm. So either complain and get a refund or wait for your arm.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Back to square one! After two weeks of emails and new promises from Alfred, no shipments and no replies to emails again. I am now in 11th month of my order...

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Should get off the electronic medium for managing this. Obviously that’s not working at all. When you get a paid order print it onto paper. When you get another order print it and put it UNDER the order that came in before it. Work on orders from the top of the pile. This should not be so difficult.

Reactions: viliuset

Tangram

Nov 10, 2022
Call me heartless but being opaque with customers, regardless of personal circumstances, isn’t professional. Mr. Bokrand may be an artisan running a small business, but it’s still a business, one that clearly has working capital issues. Unfortunately it appears most customers learn this after the fact.

Reactions: viliuset

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing