OS X Mavericks

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I upgraded to the new OS yesterday and am pleased that I did. It's a huge file of over 5 Gb so it will take a while to download but IMO worth the time

Upgrade went smoothly with no glitches

Anyone else switch to OS X Mavericks

I upgraded to the new OS yesterday and am pleased that I did. It's a huge file of over 5 Gb so it will take a while to download but IMO worth the time

Upgrade went smoothly with no glitches

Anyone else switch to OS X Mavericks

Hi Steve:

What are some of the new bells and whistles? Does it look much different than Mountain Lion?

I am still on Snow Leopard.

Compatible with my aging hardware. Upgrades all the way from my 2-generations old OS. Useful new feautures. Faster. Consumes less power. And free.

Greedy controlling bastards. :)

Tim

I'm also on Snow Leopard. 10.6.8

I'm concerned about not having compatible application programs and drivers for scanners, printers, and other goodies like my Nikon Super Coolscan LS-5000ED slide scanner. (Yes, I still have slides that I occasionally need to scan in.)

I'm also on Snow Leopard. 10.6.8

I'm concerned about not having compatible application programs and drivers for scanners, printers, and other goodies like my Nikon Super Coolscan LS-5000ED slide scanner. (Yes, I still have slides that I occasionally need to scan in.)

+1...especially with audio utilities..X:D, xACT, Audacity etc.

I also updated both of our machines yesterday. No issues. Still trying to figure out how to use some of the new features. So far so good.

I also updated both of our machines yesterday. No issues. Still trying to figure out how to use some of the new features. So far so good.

I've had no problems. It was a lengthy download of over 2 hours and then a half hour installation. This is a brand new OS

I like what I see

Free? With Apple hardware, that is...:)

Free...

For the first time, you can upgrade your Mac to the latest release of OS X for free. Just click the Mac App Store icon on your Mac. Download OS X Mavericks. And your Mac does the rest. Follow these steps to begin your upgrade.

Tim

I've had no problems. It was a lengthy download of over 2 hours and then a half hour installation. This is a brand new OS

I like what I see

Does that mean we have had the last of the "cat" names?

No more cats. On to TV cowboys. Next? Hoss.

Tim

I can't remember what my last upgrade was like, but this one seems nice. So far, all the old programs work as well or better. It's worth noting that initially everything seems slower, but once a program has been opened and used for a while things speed up considerably.

I can't remember what my last upgrade was like, but this one seems nice. So far, all the old programs work as well or better. It's worth noting that initially everything seems slower, but once a program has been opened and used for a while things speed up considerably.

FOR REAL???

or do you just get used to it being slower?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing