Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

I have two versions of the Sophia. One is the Aqua, which is cheaper than the other premium clear glass mesh plate 274B version. I liked the latter better. I don’t know how it compares to the v2 Aqua.

Thx. How would you describe the sound of both out of interest?

Presumably its this one?
Sorry, I provided the wrong seller info - this is exactly what I bought:

Reactions: Anyoldears
Sorry guys for a complete newbie, and just for dreaming purposes only (its gonna take a while to upgrade from my MScaler/Dave), how much are the valves/rectifier bits for these and whats their lifespan? Thx
OK, I spoke too soon. With the recent publication of the used list of Dacs at Lampis website, I snapped up a used VC, balanced Pacific in gold. Today it got collected from Lampis office in Poland by DHL. Im in for an interesting weekend!

OK, I spoke too soon. With the recent publication of the used list of Dacs at Lampis website, I snapped up a used VC, balanced Pacific in gold. Today it got collected from Lampis office in Poland by DHL. Im in for an interesting weekend!
Congrats to that wonderful DAC

Congrats. Excellent dac!

OK that was yesterday. Today, I wonder what this is.... (door to door, Poland to UK in 26 hours. Well done DHL!)

Attachments

• 20230628_173833a.jpg
    20230628_173833a.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 23
First impressions?
More music than the MScaler Dave combo. Just denser music in the sense of more information. Having a few probs with my source equipment that's gonna take me a few weeks to sort but can still listen to music. 5687s v nice imptrovement over the 6n6p's. AZ1 not much change to the RK 5U4G. And I still need to sort my speaker placement.

But yes, improvement over previous setup, and worth it cash wise as I got a good deal from the factory as its second hand

Just handed my Pacific to the DHL guy, shipping back to the factory for the Pac 2 upgrade.
Congrats, IMO you made a great move !
I recieved mine from DHL yesteday with the excellent Lampi shipping box destroyed. A forklift hole through bottom as it slid just below the DAC protective foam and inspection confirmed the box had been dropped with force. 5 of 6 sides cracked/broken beside the gaping forklift hole. Geeesh, DHL said nada. Hoping DHL will replace the case. LampizatorNA/Rob is working on it.
Good news is the Pacific-2 had not a mark on it and last night played flawlessly - the case protected it!
Played it last night till early a.m. and yes, the $$ are well worth the uptick in SQ across the board.
Everything is immediately and obviously better, voices, tonality, reality, seperation, etc. perhaps field depth is less than I remember BUT it needs a lot more hours for the new innards to stabilize.

Yes, my primary concern was shipping it.
I’ve had good luck in international shipping and bad, hoping for a smooth experience this time around.
Out of interest, how long did it take.
Looking forwards to getting mine back.

Yes, my primary concern was shipping it.
I’ve had good luck in international shipping and bad, hoping for a smooth experience this time around.
Out of interest, how long did it take.
Looking forwards to getting mine back.
iDK where you are located so DHL shipping time is unknown and c/b unreliable and varied anyway.
Lampizator turned it around, once received, in about a week.
This included changing the faceplate and installing a remote on/off beside the Pac2 work.
My issues were with DHL not LampizatorNA nor Lampizator Poland, both provided exceptional service.
Again, I am thrilled with the improvement over what was great before the upgrade and the breakin process (if any) is only begun.

That’s great, I’d assumed the issue was with DHL.
I’m up in the Pacific Northwest, Been working with Rob at Lampizator NA for the last couple of weeks to get a shipping label.
Mines in for the Pac2 upgrade and what I think is a bad relay in the volume control.
Really looking forwards to giving it a listen when I get it back.

Reactions: christoph and dbeau
To those curious about the brand new Pacific 2 upgrade, I am excited to report that I received one of the first units on Friday which I am presently getting some burn in hours on ahead of installing it in a reviewer's system later this month.

Even without many hours, to say the improvement over the original Pacific are 'significant' is a major understatement. :cool:

1689607916158.png

To those curious about the brand new Pacific 2 upgrade, I am excited to report that I received one of the first units on Friday which I am presently getting some burn in hours on ahead of installing it in a reviewer's system later this month.

Even without many hours, to say the improvement over the original Pacific are 'significant' is a major understatement. :cool:

View attachment 113389
Absolutly concur even though I've only about 15 hours on my Pac2, it is so much improved (hard to beleive) that I wonder if you could comment on it's relative current position/comparison to the Horizon. Thanks

That is a tough comparision to make as the Horizon is burned in and has been tubed with a transformative compliment of tubes but I will say the Pacific is not embarassed.

It can't match the Horizons noise floor, image palpability, tone density and drive, but it's still very resolved, dynamic and highly musical. Strings in particular take on a certain magic with the DHT and there is nice presence.

The Pac 2 isn't meant to be on the level of the Horizon, however, it is every bit a statement level product in between the original Pacific and Horizon.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing