Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Hi,

I recently purchased Pacific 2 and have two newbie questions.
1. With the standard tubes from the factory, what setting should I set the Heater rotary setting to?
2. It comes with additional footing/spikes. When would you use it? How would you use it? Is it replacing existing feet?

Hi,

I recently purchased Pacific 2 and have two newbie questions.
1. With the standard tubes from the factory, what setting should I set the Heater rotary setting to?
2. It comes with additional footing/spikes. When would you use it? How would you use it? Is it replacing existing feet?
Pacific Spikes.jpg

Congrats on the purchase.

I assume you are talking about these spikes? If so, these go underneath the three footers attached to the Pacific chassis, so the footers of the Pacific rest on these, placed on a shelf.

For the heater setting, you turn the knob on the Pac to the type of tubes you are using- PX25, PX4, 242, etc.

Congrats, just like that on the pic attached. Please take a photo of your tube, so we will be able to let you know about the knob setting if you are not sure what tube you have.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_5371.jpeg
    IMG_5371.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 9
Congrats, just like that on the pic attached. Please take a photo of your tube, so we will be able to let you know about the knob setting if you are not sure what tube you have.
Cheers
View attachment 115611

Congrats on the purchase.

I assume you are talking about these spikes? If so, these go underneath the three footers attached to the Pacific chassis, so the footers of the Pacific rest on these, placed on a shelf.

For the heater setting, you turn the knob on the Pac to the type of tubes you are using- PX25, PX4, 242, etc.

Hi Jagodak and Blake,

Thank you! Yeap, those are the spikes. I did not realize that the feet have hole on them for the spike to be placed under them!
IMG_1810.jpg

My tubes are KR Audio 300? they came standard with my Pac 2.

I currently have the Heater setting on T-100/300B.

IMG_1815.jpg

Reactions: Blackfield2023
IMG_2720.jpg
IMG_2721.jpg

Mine arrived. Woohoo!
Holy cow this thing is GOLIATH compared to the TRP3. I've never seen a delivery guy using a pallet jack to move a DAC :D
Burning in.
Telefunken RGN2004, PT14s, and C3Gs inbound and will be used as a head to head against:

Golden Atlantic TRP 3 w/ Siemens F2a + WE 422A.

View attachment 116268
Mine arrived. Woohoo!
Holy cow this thing is GOLIATH compared to the TRP3. I've never seen a delivery guy using a pallet jack to move a DAC :D
Burning in.
Telefunken RGN2004, PT14s, and C3Gs inbound and will be used as a head to head against:

I am *quite* interested in your comparison, as I think this might be a logical move for me too...

View attachment 116268
View attachment 116269

Mine arrived. Woohoo!
Burning in.

Congrats on your beautiful Pacific 2

Are the C3Gs intended for the anode loading instead of the 6N6P in the Pacific 2 ?
If yes, do they need an adapter for that position?

Reactions: keithc
Congrats on your beautiful Pacific 2

Are the C3Gs intended for the anode loading instead of the 6N6P in the Pacific 2 ?
If yes, do they need an adapter for that position?
This one was made for the Horizon, but you can use it with a 6SN7 to ecc88 adapter in the Pacific too. We plan to make c3g adapters for the Pacific in the near future.

Attachments

• 09D0363B-16BD-4077-83AB-0F52582A4894.jpeg
    09D0363B-16BD-4077-83AB-0F52582A4894.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 19
This one was made for the Horizon, but you can use it with a 6SN7 to ecc88 adapter in the Pacific too. We plan to make c3g adapters for the Pacific in the near future.
Thought you preferred the E83Fs over the c3g ?

So ANY ECC88/6922 or compatible double triode can be used in the Pacific?
The ECC182 really transformed my Pacific into a completely different beast :eek:

Very different sounding tubes. If c3g is a tube amp than e83f is a solid state. I have a very special Tungsram e83f, which is my favorite tube sofar. However with the C3g I have more fun:) These tubes are so cheap you can easily compare them.

Attachments

• 055F77DF-7AFA-4322-A5BC-4190DC550B0B.jpeg
    055F77DF-7AFA-4322-A5BC-4190DC550B0B.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 4C0E2D77-8849-4E74-9651-37C3ED5E4D91.jpeg
    4C0E2D77-8849-4E74-9651-37C3ED5E4D91.jpeg
    429.8 KB · Views: 28
  • E38EE398-7650-4A95-942D-1F94B31035E7.jpeg
    E38EE398-7650-4A95-942D-1F94B31035E7.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 25
So ANY ECC88/6922 or compatible double triode can be used in the Pacific?
The ECC182 really transformed my Pacific into a completely different beast :eek:

Interesting! Can you tell us more about how you found the ECC182? Was it as profound as changing rectifiers and power tubes?

Thankful to those here who have lead the charge in tube rolling, the C3G was my first step, but it does require rather large adapters…

Has anyone removed the Stacore feet? Does it require opening up the unit?

Has anyone removed the Stacore feet? Does it require opening up the unit?
You can just turn the feet lose by hand.
No need to open the case but there will remain some thread (maybe 1cm) after removing the Stacore feet.

Interesting! Can you tell us more about how you found the ECC182? Was it as profound as changing rectifiers and power tubes?

Thankful to those here who have lead the charge in tube rolling, the C3G was my first step, but it does require rather large adapters…
It was very profound. Really transformed the PAC into a different beast.
I had the ECC182 from my Horizon and Laszlo said it can be used with an adapter in the Pacific. I waited much too long to try it :eek:
Now I wonder if the C3G can also be used in the Pacific instead of the 6N6P as well.

It was very profound. Really transformed the PAC into a different beast.
I had the ECC182 from my Horizon and Laszlo said it can be used with an adapter in the Pacific. I waited much too long to try it :eek:
Now I wonder if the C3G can also be used in the Pacific instead of the 6N6P as well.

@adamaley and @Blake have tried various anode tubes with their Pacifics...

Last edited:
Reactions: lordcloud
A3FE88FE-E3A1-4384-8BBB-64A2F42E2193.jpeg
Holy s——t.
Old trusty 422A went back in place of the TFKNRGN2004 and it was easily a noticeable notch up. Immediacy, vocal delicacy and sense of seductive musicality.

GEC U52 is next.

Has anyone tried a solid state rectifier?

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing