Photo Critique and Edit Thread

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Extremely dark in these caverns.
So if I exposed to what my eyes saw, the photo would be very dark - Who wants to see that??

Gregg, in that photo you took below inside a cavern, where is the light coming from as captured by your camera? Happy New Year!

20191230_130336.jpg

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
In Carlsbad Caverns, they have some low level lighting set up throughout the caves.
Your eyes see a little of this lighting, but a sensitive camera can see a lot more!
Think these were between 15-30 second exposures.
Thanks!

MPS

Jun 20, 2016
Finland
Such wonderful photos. I guess this thread has turned to "learn from photos" instead of what was the original idea of "learn post-photo". Maybe we need some more "average quality" shots to work on..

I shot this photo couple of days ago, comments please?

Shot around 6 pm, 3 hours after sunset, handheld with Canon 6D+EF50 1.8 STM, ISO6400, F1.8, 1/30s.

Last edited:

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

Reactions: NorthStar and DaveC

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Remembering Patagonia!

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

Reactions: NorthStar

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
"The Horns"
- Patagonia

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I wish I visited all the beautiful sceneries he and his wife saw first hand; what a way to live...travelling among the majesty of this Earth's natural landscapes, and people. It's a fantastic life you live Gregg, and a great passion you have...photography. ...Best.

* You could make super videos on YouTube with first class music accompaniment.
...Simply from photo's montages.

Reactions: gfroman

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks again, everyone!
We really do enjoy exploring distant lands and cultures, but we are also rediscovering the beautiful USA.
Despite what you may hear or read, the World is truly a beautiful place and something I try not to take for granted!!
Cheers -
Gregg & Nanc

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Gregg

ive never been more serious. You have an amazing talent and a way to show beauty like no other photographer I have seen.

ive trued and failed my entire life trying to get shots such as those. It is also the eye behind the camera. So please keep it up

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Suggestion Gregg; put a link in your sig to your photographs, Facebook or the best place.
Because I do share some of your photos occasionally with my friends and family and I want to give them a direct link to your artwork. I already have few links, but I'm thinking also to all the other members who love your photos here.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Added a link to my signature.
Thanks!

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing