Pilium Audio in action-

Verdier

Oct 7, 2018
To all those who are familiar with Pilium (among other amps):

It would be very interesting to read something about the sound characteristics - preferably in comparison to other top SS amps, for example

- CH Precision
- Vitus
- Gryphon
- Koda.

Thanks!!

Reactions: sonrock

itay123

Mar 5, 2023

It would be very interesting to read something about the sound characteristics - preferably in comparison to other top SS amps, for example

- CH Precision
- Vitus
- Gryphon
- Koda.

Thanks!!
Hi

I did not make a comparison between Pilium and those brands.

Yet

An acquaintance of mine replaced a Vitus reference set
(3 large boxes)

in Pilium.

Regarding to Ch precision,
Maybe can ask magico :)

Why did they replace Ch precision with Pilium?

to represent their flagship
The mighty m9 !

Today if I'm not mistaken
Magico has x2 new 2ch flagship Zeus that replaced two Hercules pairs and has the new flagship pre-amp Polaris that replaced the Alexander.

later think the Zeus will be replaced by the new Atlas monoblocks.

Regarding to Koda
Not in the same league
therefore cannot expand.
But know that a very good brand.

Regarding to gryphon
Excellent company.
and their top models are definitely there as for ch precision.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Today if I'm not mistaken
Magico has x2 new 2ch flagship Zeus that replaced two Hercules pairs and has the new flagship pre-amp Polaris that replaced the Alexander.

later think the Zeus will be replaced by the new Atlas monoblocks.
For accuracy- At Magico currently there is an Alexander preamp and four each Hercules mono amps. They have been installed for two years now driving the M9s.

The M9's at the Rhapsody-Dallas/Fort Worth location has the new three chassis Pilium Olympus preamp which drives two each Zeus stereo amps, which provide four channels of required amplification for Rhapsody's pari of M9s.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

- CH Precision
- Vitus
- Gryphon
- Koda.

Thanks!!
You might want to do a comparison of the Pilium sound vs other amplification products if you are attending Munich in May. Pilium will be driving Magico speakers in the Magico room and also be driving Alsyvox Raffaello in the Alsyvox/Pilium/Taiko/Lampizator room.

You will get a good taste of the Pilium sound in these two rooms and then go and listen to the other amplification products that you are interested in. Even though it's "show conditions" Munich is a dream for hearing a whole of all currently available audio products that exist. Can't wait for May to arrive.

Reactions: econom and itay123

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
As mentioned, Munich is a good start for physical and actual familiarization with the various equipment and combinations,

Yet
In order to understand the actual capabilities, you need to DEMO the nature of the product with the accompanying equipment you have as a complete result.

as mentioned, Im personally check equipment that I am interested in my setup

But Munich is definitely a CANDY SHOP that never ends.

By the way, from what I saw under "brands"
on the 2023 Munich exhibition website.

Will there be a combination between Pilium and kaiser acoustics this year ?

attached
Screenshot from the site.

10x for advanced.

Attachments

• 20230409_001317.jpg
    20230409_001317.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 7

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
As mentioned, Munich is a good start for physical and actual familiarization with the various equipment and combinations,

Yet
In order to understand the actual capabilities, you need to DEMO the nature of the product with the accompanying equipment you have as a complete result.

attached

10x for advanced.
I am pretty sure that is a misprint in the exhibitor directory list regarding Kaiser/Pilium showing together. I am checking, but Pilium will be in the two rooms that I mentioned (Magico and Alsyvox) and right now possibly two additional rooms, information forthcoming. I do not think the Pilium will be showing with Kaiser at Munich in May.

Reactions: itay123

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Itay said; you need to DEMO the nature of the product with the accompanying equipment you have as a complete result.

It's a bit difficult lugging the 160KG/350lb Zues Stereo or Atlas monos around for demos, so I would think that Munich at least can give one a taste of what their sonic performance.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
The wait is finally over and the red Ferrari colour is stunningly beautiful to me even under the natural light inside the room. Now waiting for the Pilium Atlas monoblocks and Olympus preamp to complete this system - they should have been here by now so not sure what caused the delay

The bass is just massive and tight, you can feel it likes a giant hammer slamming and punching. The 15” woofers are super fast and well controlled. I didn’t believe my eyes when seeing how big they are in real life as the 2 wooden crates are taller than my 2m bifolding door and weigh half a ton each @@

With my limited time with the speakers so far, those Sigma Acoustic Maat Vector Xac have revealed things that I couldn’t even hear or notice with my beloved Q5, just a whole new world and music becomes more live and engaging than ever.

I’m not sure how things can be better as it should take up to 6 months for burning in from new to reach the optimum performance.

Aldo has brought his own family, wife and 3 sons from Italy, alongside the local distributor to come over and helped me to set them up, then tuning the speakers for 2 days before they left when everything is close to perfect.

I believe it doesn’t happen everywhere with other brands, so simply incredible and much appreciated for the world class service!

View attachment 107308 View attachment 107309 View attachment 107310 View attachment 107311 View attachment 107312
Congrats! May I ask what is the price for there?

Last edited:

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Itay said; you need to DEMO the nature of the product with the accompanying equipment you have as a complete result.

It's a bit difficult lugging the 160KG/350lb Zues Stereo or Atlas monos around for demos, so I would think that Munich at least can give one a taste of what their sonic performance.

Hi

I DEMO the Leonidas (100kg)
and as a result
I ordered the Ares + Isonas

The Achilles in black(120kg) came for a DEMO a few weeks later for a decision I need to take.

then I decided to upgrade to Alexander + Achilles preferred the silver touch.

The Munich is the best way to expose and experienced with exotic and unique equipments but in the End you'll have to make a logical decision for your investment.

20230409_013231.jpg

Reactions: Forte

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
Congrats! May I ask what is the price for there?
Thank you, my understanding from last year retail price is EUR 163k + VAT and duties, so not sure how it is this year given high inflation etc.

The US retail price is around $210k / EUR 184k based on the distributor’s post on Aldo’s page back in 2019, so still unclear what is the actual price now.

IMG_6728.png IMG_6581.png

Attachments

• IMG_6728.png
    IMG_6728.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Yet

attached

10x for advanced.
That was a mistake about Pilium/Kaiser. Look now. it shows like this-

Brand Exhibitor Room / Stand
  • KAISER ACOUSTICS Ypsilon Electronics A 4.1, E110, A 4.2, E225
  • Kaiser Akustik Kaiser GmbH A 4.1, E110

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi

I DEMO the Leonidas (100kg)
and as a result
I ordered the Ares + Isonas

The Achilles in black(120kg) came for a DEMO a few weeks later for a decision I need to take.

then I decided to upgrade to Alexander + Achilles preferred the silver touch.

The Munich is the best way to expose and experienced with exotic and unique equipments but in the End you'll have to make a logical decision for your investment.

View attachment 107352
Congrats! You have a good dealer over there! We do the same for our customers especially for Leonidas, Achilles, Alexander. Zeus and Atlas is a bit more challenging. Although if someone is a serious buyer (like you were) even Zeus or Atlas can be set up in a customer's system for a demonstration.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you, my understanding from last year retail price is EUR 163k + VAT and duties, so not sure how it is this year given high inflation etc.

The US retail price is around $210k / EUR 184k based on the distributor’s post on Aldo’s page back in 2019, so still unclear what is the actual price now.

View attachment 107354 View attachment 107355
Wasn't there an Orchestra with 4 midrange cones per channel, 2 AMT, and 2 bass cones?

1681056932261.png

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
Wasn't there an Orchestra with 4 midrange cones per channel, 2 AMT, and 2 bass cones?

View attachment 107395
Yes, they’re actually called Maat Modern instead. The Maat series are completely different from the Orchestra series. They have Maat Classical, Orchestra and Modern versions.

Because they’re too big and difficult to setup so Aldo decided to design and create the Vector with reduced dimensions while keeping all the virtues of the Maat series. It turned out that the Vector is easier to install but heavier than its siblings.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
Yes I forgot to mention that and Aldo has now used the upgraded woofers in my speakers for better control and dynamic.

What he told me is: “The heart coils magnet and internal parts the same . The cone was with an extra fiber to create a zero break up on big transient . It’s an envelope of the first project to do the best performance.”

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, they’re actually called Maat Modern instead. The Maat series are completely different from the Orchestra series. They have Maat Classical, Orchestra and Modern versions.

Because they’re too big and difficult to setup so Aldo decided to design and create the Vector with reduced dimensions while keeping all the virtues of the Maat series. It turned out that the Vector is easier to install but heavier than its siblings.
the Vector came later, and imo the paper driver midrange is better

Thanks!

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
the Vector came later, and imo the paper driver midrange is better

The Sigma Orchestra 2.9 looks to be a more "normal" sized speaker compromise that has most of the MAAT Orchestra XAC DNA. It has the papyrus\Alnico mid, Heil AMT and a 15 inch woofer. Couple that with 95dB and an easy load it is still SET friendly (more in the 20 watt and up class though). Any idea on the price?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Sigma Orchestra 2.9 looks to be a more "normal" sized speaker compromise that has most of the MAAT Orchestra XAC DNA. It has the papyrus\Alnico mid, Heil AMT and a 15 inch woofer. Couple that with 95dB and an easy load it is still SET friendly (more in the 20 watt and up class though). Any idea on the price?

Retail price is 68k + Vat

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing