Pilium Audio in action-

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

KostasTze

Mar 28, 2020
Bulgaria may not sells only yogurt no more.

Pilium power amp has very fast response and deep texture.

In Korea, Pilium is called as "Reasonable DarTZeel".

Very awesome products~!!!
Pilium Audio is from Greece but also from Bulgaria. The owner of the company, Mr. Konstantinos Pilios, is Greek and his devices are mark "Made in Greece". However, if one checks the "Contact" tab on the manufacturer's website, it reads that the company is based in Bulgaria. I asked Mr. Kovac about it:
Pilium Audio was established in 2012, during the greatest economic crisis in the recent history of Greece. Greece was almost forced to leave the EU, which could be disastrous for a new company. So Mr. Pilios decided to register Pilium Audio in Bulgaria. It was about being careful and making sure that the company would stay in the EU no matter what happened in Greece. The designers, engineers, workers and of course the owner of Pilium Audio, Mr. Konstantinos Pilios, are Greek and all products are made in Greece in our factory.

Reactions: Verdier

Verdier

Oct 7, 2018
You might want to do a comparison of the Pilium sound vs other amplification products if you are attending Munich in May. Pilium will be driving Magico speakers in the Magico room and also be driving Alsyvox Raffaello in the Alsyvox/Pilium/Taiko/Lampizator room.

You will get a good taste of the Pilium sound in these two rooms and then go and listen to the other amplification products that you are interested in. Even though it's "show conditions" Munich is a dream for hearing a whole of all currently available audio products that exist. Can't wait for May to arrive.

Somehow I can understand your anticipation (Munich).

Basically, I'm also curious about what will be shown, but although the journey is quite short for me, I will hardly do that. I don't think much of hifi shows. Above all, I think it is not only daring, but absolutely absurd to make even a rudimentary statement about a specific device included in the system based on a trade show demonstration of a complete system in an unknown room with poor power supply and masses of distractions and background noise (especially if you are not familiar with the other devices either). This is not meant personally, it is just my opinion. I know that I am quite alone with this opinion here in the forum. In contrast, where the show is held, this is the usual opinion ...

But you know the devices. You should be able to say what the sound difference is to CH Precision. I suppose Pilium sounds just as neutral. But where are the strengths and weaknesses? Everything has strengths and weaknesses! Does Pilium do anything more body or bass or more resolution? What I also wonder: is a Pilium "monster" (that's being kind!) useful to drive an average easy to drive speaker like to the Harbeth SHL 5 or Devore X or does it really blossom only on monster speakers (like my former Westlakes with 1.5 ohms in bass)?

It would be really nice if you could say something more specific about the sound.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Somehow I can understand your anticipation (Munich).

Basically, I'm also curious about what will be shown, but although the journey is quite short for me, I will hardly do that. I don't think much of hifi shows. Above all, I think it is not only daring, but absolutely absurd to make even a rudimentary statement about a specific device included in the system based on a trade show demonstration of a complete system in an unknown room with poor power supply and masses of distractions and background noise (especially if you are not familiar with the other devices either). This is not meant personally, it is just my opinion. I know that I am quite alone with this opinion here in the forum. In contrast, where the show is held, this is the usual opinion ...

But you know the devices. You should be able to say what the sound difference is to CH Precision. I suppose Pilium sounds just as neutral. But where are the strengths and weaknesses? Everything has strengths and weaknesses! Does Pilium do anything more body or bass or more resolution? What I also wonder: is a Pilium "monster" (that's being kind!) useful to drive an average easy to drive speaker like to the Harbeth SHL 5 or Devore X or does it really blossom only on monster speakers (like my former Westlakes with 1.5 ohms in bass)?

It would be really nice if you could say something more specific about the sound.
Sound is very subjective imho. I can have three people sitting in the same room, listening to the same system/music and all have different opinions of the sound.

My perception of how, for instance Pilium sounds with my ears, speakers, cables, room, sources might be different than someone else's impression after listening to Pilium with their ears, different speakers, room, cables, sources etc

What I try to achieve is to have systems set up in varying locations and shows so that people can listen for themselves and decide if they like the sound or not.

If I had to give my impression of the Pilium sound in a nutshell, it would be high resolution, dynamic, liquid and natural. Too many variables to compare Pilium to other electronics for me. I will let others do their own comparisons.

Everyone has their own take on shows. I enjoy going, especially to Munich, just to meet with people that I've know for decades, from all over the globe and only get to see them occasionally at events like Munich.

It's also fun to see all of the brands that are at Munich, many that I've never even heard of prior. Most people understand that the sound at shows is just that, but it can give you a clue if you hear it and see a product at a show as to whether you decide that it's worth your time investigating it further.

Munich for me is Audio-Mecca. For someone else like yourself, it means nothing. To each his own.

Reactions: Hyperion

itay123

Mar 5, 2023

Hi
You can read my impressions compared to Other Excellent Brands.

I heard about PILIUM AUDIO for the first time in 2020 (a difficult year for all of us)

When my friend shared with me that he was going to represent in my country, an intesting company, that came out with a new series (DIVINE) that is starting to pick up awards and deep recognition and a cutting and leading comparison even against HIGH Brands that are older in the industry and in general.

I was exposed in person to PILIUM for the first time, with their very fine DAC the "ELEKTRA" , which was sent for a DEMO at the local distributor, the ELEKTRA managed to came to me for a DEMO,
very high quality, of construction, use and interface and the effective and "sharp" appearance.

The resolution, as it is called, poured out of it, and did not make my head or ears tired (like outher High dacs I had for DEMO), on the contrary, the dynamics I felt and the drift I felt, made me sit down and listen again to all the pieces and music I knew, all over again!

Felt More presence, more weight, more proportions, a much wider, higher, concentrated and three-dimensional stage, accompanied by a natural, precise and sharp texture,
no feeling of smearing or an unnatural and forced color, layers upon layers were revealed to my ears and revealed for the first time.

Unfortunately I had to return the ELECTRA and go back to what I had before (MSB Analog DAC + Power base) which was light years away and felt sorry to say like a "broken" DAC next to it.

After I received the ELEKTRA for demo, together with the Local distributor, who is also an old friend of mine,
we tried the PILIUM LEONIDAS together at my place,
compared to the KARAN 2ch set which was their flagship set before the current Master Line,

compared also to ABSOLAR, Accuphase, NAGRA and KRELL Evolution.

in one of the tracks I demod that I remember well, a demo of a violin,
I felt the pulls on the strings, the emotions were felt more physically, everything became quieter both in the back and in the front.

then i manage to get DEMO for the company's top two-channel amplifier the ACHILLES, (before the ZEUS)

The lightness with which it moved the pair of monsters I had (190 kg), with a splash of DYNAMICS and control that I have not yet heard with the speakers I had, silence around the instruments, an exact center, a position on the stage so tangible, something that made me decide on my next steps.

which were undoubtedly to move over to PILIUM and than, the speakers that fitted best to my ears were also replaced.

hope Soon I will be able to test the ELEKTRA again, with the current equipment.
One of the best DACs out there!

View attachment 107752
View attachment 107753
View attachment 107751

Last edited:

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
I was so tired after a long day so decided to listen to music in the dark with a hope that I would fall asleep quickly as I’ve had troubles with sleeping for a long time.

But the music was too beautiful so I thought it’d be great to record this song even via my phone and the apogee microphone plugged into it. Hopefully you’ll have an idea of how the system sounds before I get the pilium and can compare.

The Sigma Acoustic Maat Vector Xac speakers are just incredible with their insane macro/micro dynamics and music has become more live and engaging than ever.

On another hand, Philippe Chretien is out of this world with his amazing music. The remix in melodic jazz is awesome to listen to, so good!

IMG_6929.jpeg

Last edited:

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
I’ve just received those pictures from my distributor friend, fingers crossed that they’ll be here soon. Gorgeous stuff, even the flight cases are painted in red :). Maybe that’s the very first pair of Atlas monoblocks ever made and I am lucky to have them.

IMG_3456.jpeg IMG_3455.jpeg IMG_3454.jpeg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Reactions: sonrock

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
What’s the specs of atlas? They are so new I can’t find much information

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
I understand, this is what Konstantinos told me around last year or earlier this year: “each Atlas: 4000VA transformers, 40 powerful output transistors, 640.000uf capacitors, stable at 0,5ohm and 500W at 8ohm. Dimensions are same as Zeus W480xD705xH412mm”

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I understand, this is what Konstantinos told me around last year or earlier this year: “each Atlas: 4000VA transformers, 40 powerful output transistors, 640.000uf capacitors, stable at 0,5ohm and 500W at 8ohm. Dimensions are same as Zeus W480xD705xH412mm”
So it’s Zeus on steroids?

Reactions: sonrock

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
I assume the weight is the same as the ZEUS's, about 160 kg,
of course each separately,
still overwhelmed, congratulation friend,
you have both the speakers and the space for such a magnitude setup.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Showtime for Pilium at Munich High End 2023-
347405495_786157643012388_7008359797775564993_n.jpg 347387553_6194383670658659_8411144104204545568_n.jpg 347134312_996764464821602_6745520865349261245_n.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I’m just saying… the Wadax without the chrome bling has a very different look, more darth vader less klingon bridge.

oh yeah, the Pilium of course is going to make all those speakers SING!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Wadax looks great in Black.
I ll check the systems out on saturday/ sunday .
First hifideluxe tomorrow
I Just arrived ....munich is full of dutchies.
There must be something for free somewhere

• Sad
Reactions: Scott Naylor

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
I’m not sure if I will be able to post all the pictures that I took when I am here at the MOC but this year, some rooms are still the same like last year with their crappy music used to demo million dollars systems.

But some have learned and played wonderful music, including beautiful pieces of classical and melodic jazz, alongside pop/rock/electronic to showcase how their products and produce amazing music.

Alsyvox is fantastic with the midrange and high, although the bass is not for me as I’m not the panel guy. Magico S3 sounds great as it should be but the double subs sometimes boom the whole room, not great. Estelon used in the pilium room sounds clean and pure. Marten is not worth the money honestly regardless of the electronics they pair with, not my taste.

Rockport sounds great this year in 2 rooms, Audiovector is fantastic and being one of the best this year in their own room or Ortofon. Zellaton is just amazing with their soundstage and imaging this year until Von Schweikert lifted me to another planet, although I couldn’t stay more than 1 minute when I first came as they used the wrong music by that time.

Stenheim rooms all sound fabulous with Dartzeel or BAT/HSE electronics. I spent decent time in each room and was pleased every time I left, amazing speakers to myself.

Peak and Audionet are also awesome, first time listening to their products and I was pinned down to my seat for 30 minutes until I realised that I had many rooms to visit.

Kroma is also good this year, completely different experience compared to their performance at Delux show last year.

Wilson rooms just used boring music when I was there, from CH to Dcs, can’t buy it and left quickly after few minutes as they kept playing those crappy stuff in their room.

mbl and sigma acoustic are great as always and ProAc won my heart as their K1 sound simply stunning and gave me a goosebumps when they couldn’t do better with Hotel California in such a tiny space.

it’s unbelievable that Tidal came to the show with the locked door all the time not letting anyone in for listening as they were just…talking business. Many of us can’t afford a bugatti but not their speakers, not sure if that the way they’re treating us @@

DO01001097.jpeg DO01001024.jpeg DO01001124.jpeg DO01001121.jpeg DO01001117.jpeg DO01001119.jpeg DO01001122.jpeg DO01001049.jpeg DO01001096.jpeg DO01001107.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing