Please help

Tapetech

Apr 10, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Make sure your left RCA cable is not connected to the sub output on your preamp.

If above is good, swap input cables on the power amp input. Does the defect go to the right speaker?

Do a full reset on your preamp. The manual tells you how.

Tapetech

Apr 10, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Sorry about that I will take better pictures tomorrow and send them to you
Or you can just tell us the name listed on each jack in use. Don't use a phone for photos.

Usually for a small fee, the store you bought the equipment from can come out and set up the system for you.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I’m so lost lol it’s discouraging

No kidding; you have one of the multichannel limousine pre/pros and its matching multichannel power amp to use in a stereo system with only two speakers. That pre/pro is loaded with features and connectors like a cockpit of the latest stealth jet fighter. The instruction manual alone is like an encyclopedia on the complexities of the human brain.

Are you going to use it with only two speakers, or you are just starting with two now and verifying if the sound comes through?

You might very well have couple speakers with their tweeters burn out (caput).
Connect the right speaker to the left front speaker connectors of the Marantz amp and do the same with the left speaker connected to right front speaker connectors of the Marantz amp (only to verify the full operability of both speakers).

Make sure to connect their polarity properly...positive wire @ both ends, and the same with the negative wire (you have those ones correct, I can see...good). Banana plugs or spades would help in being quicker and more secured (bare wires is ok but one strand touching the other speaker post and it can be a costly mistake).

Also, connect the speaker wires to the lower set of binding posts of your Klipsch speakers.

P.S. Your speakers are also brand new. Did you somehow (before asking help here) connect something wrongly or shortened the wires that would have caused the tweeter(s) to fry?
If you have a knowledgeable friend who can come and help you in your home; first to see if two of your speakers have their tweeters shut down (burn out). That would be the best. They are under warranty so you would need to get their tweeters replaced. Contact your dealer and ask for help, or Klipsch.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
His picture is clear enough for me; no subwoofer is connected, an optical cable (1 TV Audio) is connected, one HDMI Input (4 Game) and one HDMI Output (Monitor 1, with ARC), plus the two analog interconnects between the pre/pro and amp (Ch. 1 & 2) for the two front R and L channels, voilà c'est tout (that's all).

20190215_210038.jpg

...And of course the Front Left and Right speakers to his Marantz power amp (Ch. 1 and 2).

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

20190215_211710.jpg

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Very IMPORTANT:

I don't know the extent of your experience and knowledge on this but my best guess is that you are new.

Then, NEVER proceed with the connections with your pre/pro and power amp's turn On, or their AC power cords plugged in. Do all the connections first, then plug their AC power cords last.
When reconnecting turn the power off in both units, unplug their AC power cords, then proceed with disconnecting and reconnecting or adding new connections. When all done replug the AC power cords.

I'm afraid you accidentally damaged couple tweeters.
You need assistance @ home if ever possible.

Sure we can help you here; some members like Kal, I and others are experts in home theater audio/video components and with all their connections and setups and settings. Still, a person to assist you @ home is a better bet than on an audio forum of the Internet.

If you cannot get assistance in your home, we'll keep helping you right here, all of us.
It will take a little more time, more patience, and first like I said previously you need to verify if indeed some of your speakers have their tweeters burn out. I suspect they do from what I'm reading so far. Then they need to get fixed first, if indeed my suspicion is correct.

Last edited:

Tapetech

Apr 10, 2014
Fairfax, VA
When you connected wires to your speakers, you could have inadvertently disconnect one of the two jumpers to the tweeters. Disconnect the two wires and make sure the two jumpers are connected and tight. Now install two banana plugs to your wires and plug those into the banana receptacles on the speakers. Don't loosen the nuts for the two jumpers.

Aylmerwolf

Feb 13, 2019
I have 6 speakers to start 2 subs are coming and almost to

Attachments

• 5125E36C-0C45-4371-95A4-215E006478F9.jpeg
    5125E36C-0C45-4371-95A4-215E006478F9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

Aylmerwolf

Feb 13, 2019
I think I should wait till I have all the speakers for 13.1 and get someone to come plug it all before I loose my mind

Aylmerwolf

Feb 13, 2019
Ok so I did a test I took the right speaker wire and plugged it to a left speaker and the tweeter is working

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing