Plixir Statement LPS : I bought this flagship grade LPS just now.

PLiXiR Power James Soh

Jul 4, 2019
Recently picked up a used Plixir Statement power umbilical for my Melco N10 and I am utterly bewildered at the huge uptick in SQ.
Hi,

Yes I make the Statement DC cable for the Melco N10, for the connection between the N10/2 streamer unit and the power supply unit, upon request now. Its a worth while upgrade :).

Cheers.

James.

Reactions: nortberg

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Dear Mr Vangelis. Thank you for the kind words on the use of the Elite BDC with the Weiss DAC 204.

I will just have to add we now have the Statement BDC 9Vdc version specifically to support the Weiss DAC 204 / 205. It is another step up over the Elite BDC in this application, from customer feedback.
do you make the statement in a 9V/4A config? Not on the website.

PLiXiR Power James Soh

Jul 4, 2019
Is it 4amp? Weiss recommends 2amp. Just want to confirm before I order
For the Statement BDC It is 6Amps. I believe Weiss recommends minimum 2amps.

There is no problems over-rating the current requirements in this case; the Weiss DAC will simply draws what it needs.

Sound wise for PLiixR power products, the higher current variants will sound better than the lower current variants, due the higher power reserve.

The only thing you simply cannot do is use a lower current power supply for a higher power equipment (like using a 1Amps power supply for a 3 Amps rated equipment). It will simply burnt the power supply out in most cases.

We have supplied already many Elite BAC 9V/4As and Statement BDC 9V/6As for weiss DAC 204 / DAC 205 users and there is no problems usage wise at all.

James.

PLiXiR Power James Soh

Jul 4, 2019
Hi all,

Probably most of the forumers in this thread knows that besides linear power supplies, I also make balanced AC power conditioners.

I am very happy to announce that my PLixiR Elite BAC 3000 Balanced AC power Conditioner has been award the prestigious Product of the Year Award 2023 by the esteemed Hong Kong Hifi Review Magazine, Hifi Review, in the power conditioner category!

It is my first Product Of the Year Award in a very competitive and major market space and I am very honored to get the award.

The actual review excerpt transcribed in English :

On a personal note, from a small and specialized Hifi Manufacturer based in Singapore, where every product is handcrafted and tested by me, it is like an impossible dream that came true.

Thank you very much!

PHOTO-2024-02-16-12-32-35.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing