QSA Jitter Plugs

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
i asked, and because the IEC is with the Torus which feeds the whole system, it has a electricity running through it 24/7 anyway. The QX4 is on, the Torus itself is on, and the Transport PSU and Velodyne are designed to be on all the time (Velodyne in standby that automatically switches on properly when it receives a signal).

So in that regard, we have been fortunate not to have to play 24/7...however, I understand it might be 'better' to turn the whole system on. In any event, at around 288 hours (based on 24/7), it is sounding very impressive.

Still want to wait to hear how the very upper mids on piano 'settle in' and see if they pick up just a touch more weight.
I plugged IEC 20amp into 2 mono block and I think it’s still running even in standby mode.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I plugged IEC 20amp into 2 mono block and I think it’s still running even in standby mode.
That could well be true...which I am told does help.

Reactions: gentcan

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hour 313: so the very uppermost mids have filled in. Done. But equally, the upper bass continues to refine and refine. A very slightly bass reverb has disappeared so that the signal is very definitive and defined. Its wonderful to hear upright bass with Bill Evans where you can sit back and just follow the bass tune alone full spectrum up and down. It does not have to be accompaniment but can standalone if you wish...or just enjoy the ensemble playing together.

From du Pre to house music to Bill Evans Trio to Yo Yo Ma and Glenn Gould...a lot of these actually sound different and in a much better way. And these are test tracks, so it is nice to see that this has managed to extract genuine detail not just nuance and shadings. Very cool. It is staying.

Reactions: gentcan and flkin

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hour 315: Here is a neat one. Listening to Glenn Gould Goldberg Variations 1981, for the first time ever (by a long way) when you listen, you actually can 'watch' the keys being played because you really hear each key in its place on the keyboard, literally inch by inch and key by key at a time. It is that resolved now. I did not expect that. And his humming suddenly has a place on a head connected in proportion to hands. Quite cool. Apparently more to come until about Hour 500.

Last edited:
Reactions: gentcan

flkin

Mar 7, 2019
Bangkok
Hour 315: Here is a neat one. Listening to Glenn Gould Goldberg Variations 1981, for the first time ever (by a long way) when you listen, you actually can 'watch' the keys being played because you really hear each key in its place on the keyboard, literally inch by inch and key by key at a time. It is that resolved now. I did not expect that. And his humming suddenly has a place on a head connected in proportion to hands. Quite cool. Apparently more to come until about Hour 500.
Do you have an album cover or more details of this GG and perhaps track?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hour 415: Glenn Gould continues to improve. Before this, there remained a hint of inconsistent power/weight in some parts of the spectrum that was not as consistently 'powerfully resolute' in the way striking a keyboard is on a piano (particularly the way Glenn Gould does!). Now at this time, that resolved power appears to be consistent throughout the keyboard range in Bach Goldberg Variations so far.

Very very impressive, and again the ability to watch individual keys being struck as he moves gracefully and powerfully across the keyboard is quite striking. That level of resolve is both fun, impressive but also something that enables you to enjoy the reproduction in a way I have not experienced before. Further, that level of resolve is allowing other music to be brought forward with a level of precision and realism that is fun. And still have not reached Hour 500 yet. More to come apparently.

Last edited:

gentcan

Jun 15, 2022
Hour 415: Glenn Gould continues to improve. Before this, there remained a hint of inconsistent power/weight in some parts of the spectrum that was not as consistently 'powerfully resolute' in the way striking a keyboard is on a piano (particularly the way Glenn Gould does!). Now at this time, that resolved power appears to be consistent throughout the keyboard range in Bach Goldberg Variations so far.

Very very impressive, and again the ability to watch individual keys being struck as he moves gracefully and powerfully across the keyboard is quite striking. That level of resolve is both fun, impressive but also something that enables you to enjoy the reproduction in a way I have not experienced before. Further, that level of resolve is allowing other music to be brought forward with a level of precision and realism that is fun. And still have not reached Hour 500 yet. More to come apparently.
Thanks for your sharing experience. It’s a exciting read mate.

Reactions: flkin

Anyoldears

May 31, 2023
@LL21 How did it all pan out in the end? Did it level off or more improvements? Over here in the UK those are around $6k! Eeek!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
H
@LL21 How did it all pan out in the end? Did it level off or more improvements? Over here in the UK those are around $6k! Eeek!
Hi...I would say that after hour 415, it DID continue very slowly and gradually in the same direction. Not the same level of major step function change as the first 400-500 hours...but after around another 200 hours or so I could not say I detected any continuous changes...stable. Now it is something that stays in the system and does not come out. Hope that helps.

It certainly has been a great enough experience that it has made me think/re-think about QSA Lanedri where the costs are extraordinary for their flagships...but the Sablon Lanedri PC or even longer-term the Ultimatum PCs for the Robert Koda amps certainly would be fascinating to try.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I replaced my QSA Silver Crystal Jitter plug with the QSA Lanedri Ultimatum Infinity Power Cord. This PC is going from my Inakustic 4500P power conditioner to an SR wall outlet. I am now done chasing power cords. This is my end-game cord. I now have the Jitter plug on my movie projector but may move it back to my Ageto Preamp.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing