RE: Chimaera Planar System

chimaera1982

Aug 22, 2024
Singapore
Hi Guys & Gals!

Hola from sunny Singapore, been a long time lurker here so this is my first post. Want to share with you my system that I've been collating over the past years. A context, I used to play in a band as guitarist and bassist actively in the clubs for fun (not day job lol) so my main tonal reference is guitars and strings in general. I had box speakers such as Sonus Faber, Legacy, Audionote (ANK which i still have in my bedroom system.

I live in an apartment by myself total floor size is about 830 sqf or of which 400-plus is in the living room, rectangular in shape, so only after I figured out that this space allows for the speaker that I went to get it. Yes Singapore housing space is tiny. In a way the house is too house the system lol.

Now on to the system:
Source: Lumin U1X streamer with 5tb storage
DACs: Aqua La Scala Mk 2 Optologic(main), Lampizator level 4, Rockna Wavedream V1 w MSB R2R ladder, Metrum Pavane, Ayon CD2S.
Preamp: Silbatone L107 MK3
Active Crossover: Sublime Acoustics
Power amp: 2ea Silbatone P107H hybrids
Speaker: Diptyque DP160 MK2 w custom colour and custom order biamp capability (current I think only one in the world with this config)
Cables: Audioquest Full Loom (Mythicals, Black beauty/Pegasus)
Power: AQ Niagara 3000 & Plixir
Grounding: Telos GNR 5.1 (v2.1) for the component's, Entreq Silver Tellus/Atlantis/Everest for speakers
Ancillaries: Solid steel S3 series racks, Finite Elemente Cerabase footers, Lessloss for speakers, Etherregen switch, Gustard C18 master clock

When I was able to secure the place for myself after a difficult period brain surgery am a brain tumor survivor & divorce I told myself F this and decided to get a state of the art system to the best of my abilities.

The house is pretty bare as I had the choice of renovating or build the system. I learnt from previous lesson I did the house Reno then got the previous system, unfortunately the system didn't play too well with the house. So went to build the system and then based on what the system need do the renovation.

Am so happy, it's so far everything I want both the space and the system. There will be continuous tweaks and then a full blown renovation incorporating what I've learnt with the room + speaker interaction.

Hope you like it! Hoping to learn lots here and improve in anyway I can.20241015_150940.jpg20241015_150912.jpg20241015_150926.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to WBF, Chimaera!

The system looks great! Congratulations on putting it together! I am a planar dipole person, and so I like Diptyque!

What is your bi-amp/active crossover configuration?

Welcome to WBF, Chimaera!

The system looks great! Congratulations on putting it together!

What is your bi-amp/active crossover configuration?
Hi Ron

Thanks for the warm welcome. The Active Cross is set at 1600 Hz with 12dB Linkwitz Riley Slope which is the default setting from the factory. I've not yet played with different settings. Will do so in near future once I've got better handle on the current tonality....

Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu