Re-imagining "Class A" Amplification

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Fred

ive heard 9 foot tall speakers in Manila. Ceilings IIRC were 14’
to this day I’ve never heard a system it’s equal or better. So what’s an extra foot. I’d love to know more about that speaker

Reactions: Fred Crane

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020

CDC77

May 27, 2021
Chicago
www.cdcaruso.com
Congratulations on a new level of enjoyment coming to fruition. I loved the REI's in our space. The only thing left to do, is to expand to 4 REI's, which the Westminster Quest Preamp is made to accommodate.
Great idea, but would probably need to expand the house first. I am confident the first two REI’s can fill our home with music quite nicely.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020

LampiNA

Jul 1, 2015
I just wanted to take a minute to mention a lovely listening session I shared with Gary and the Westminster amps and pre yesterday afternoon. Gary was back in his old stomping grounds on Long Island, NY and paid me a visit with the Westminsters in tote. We set them up in my main living room space which consists of Tobian 12FH speakers an assortment of Final Touch Audio cabling, an assortment of LampizatOr sources (yesterday we used the Amber 4) a Taiko Extreme and of course Gary's amplification.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect as the Tobian speakers are quite efficient, utterly transparent and in the past have seemed to favor tubes. What the Rei's brought to the table though was indeed quite special--it took some time to wrap my head around what I was hearing as well as for the amps to warm up and hit their stride, but once we got there it was indeed a glorious place..

The Westminster amplification has fantastic transparency, speed, control, acceleration and appropriate weight. These amps provided a fantastic top to bottom foundation that was palpable while everything remained super agile and dynamic.

I was a big fan of what I heard and I believe Gary felt the pairing to be better than anticipated as well. I can make a strong recommendation of pairing these amps with LampizatOr sources as they both achieve a similar sonic aspiration (compliments one another) and the Tobian speakers are also a fabulous option as well.

A very fun and enlightening day, Gary--thanks again for making time for me while you were out here!
A picture of the setup with the sleek Westminster amps and pre to the left and Tobians front and center...

Pardon the cables, they're still being evaluated before I snake them behind the fireplace.

Attachments

• Audio.jpg
    Audio.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 34

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Hello All. Let me introduce myself to this forum and thread. I am Angus and I am one of the founder of WestminsterLab. Feel free to hit me any questions about anything and I will try my best to answer here.
I have a question: what is meant by 'no global feedback'? Does the amplifier employ local feedback or do you consider it zero feedback?

lscangus

Industry Expert
Oct 24, 2018
I have a question: what is meant by 'no global feedback'? Does the amplifier employ local feedback or do you consider it zero feedback?
The Rei employs a feedback system sitting somewhere between a global feedback and a local feedback.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing