Recording featuring new cables....

Synaxis

Jan 3, 2024
USA
So I'm trying the new Signal Projects Hydra RCA interconnects replacing my previous same-priced Siltech 680i's.

Absolutely incredible difference.

Here is a short recording I made on my iPhone of a very beautiful and important Greek Orthodox hymn.

There is NO EDITING or enhancements of any kind - straight iPhone audio.

Reactions: Rexp
Here is a short recording of Above & Beyond remix of some Depeche Mode.

Fair warning.....the vodka was flowing at this point so the video has me bopping to the music. LOL

Reactions: hopkins
Your thread would have more informative if you had presented videos of the same music with the old cables and then the new cables.

Reactions: Lee
Your thread would have more informative if you had presented videos of the same music with the old cables and then the new cables.
Hi Don,

If I ever go full time doing this and not have a full time job and other obligations to worry about where I can then focus 100% on making videos, I will take that into consideration.

No one is going to make a buying decision based solely on a video.

Thank you for your feedback.

No one is going to make a buying decision based solely on a video.
I wouldn't be so fast with that statment. I have seen people make buying decisions for crazier reasons.

Would you like outline the positives and negatives of the new cables compared with the Siltech? Which cable has the lower noise floor? Which cable is more linear? Is one cable smoother sounding than the other?

I wouldn't be so fast with that statment. I have seen people make buying decisions for crazier reasons.

Would you like outline the positives and negatives of the new cables compared with the Siltech? Which cable has the lower noise floor? Which cable is more linear? Is one cable smoother sounding than the other?

I will be doing a short video on it in the coming week or so.

Having said that, the Signal Projects cable (same MSRP as the Siltech) **IN MY PERSONAL OPINION** smokes the Siltech by such a large degree that I actually started laughing.

I never expected there could be a difference that large.

I will be doing a short video on it in the coming week or so.

Having said that, the Signal Projects cable (same MSRP as the Siltech) **IN MY PERSONAL OPINION** smokes the Siltech by such a large degree that I actually started laughing.

I never expected there could be a difference that large.
Will be very interested to read about this “difference” for sure.

So I'm trying the new Signal Projects Hydra RCA interconnects replacing my previous same-priced Siltech 680i's.

Absolutely incredible difference.

Here is a short recording I made on my iPhone of a very beautiful and important Greek Orthodox hymn.

There is NO EDITING or enhancements of any kind - straight iPhone audio.

Can we get a direct link or name of the song, I like it.

Can we get a direct link or name of the song, I like it.
Hello - the group is Above & Beyond and it's their remix of Depeche Mode's Blue Monday.

Not that, the church one, please.
Ah - sorry.

It's a very important Orthodox hymn called Agni Parthene. The name of the group who did this is Kabnaros. It's available on Qobuz.

Reactions: Folsom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu