Remember the good old times... Audio Note, Jadis, Kondo :-)

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
ANUK has never shouted from the rafters in my experience preferring a more subtle approach than glorious hyperbolic praise.
I have great respect for ANUK gears --mainly for the plethora of models available and their upgrade paths to sonic Nirvana.

A small outlay can get you into the genes /etc and see if that "flavour"--for want of better words is to your liking --then as you progress the ladder

awaits, Peter Q's concept on this factor is a big plus on the road to Hi end and to be applauded--not to forget the genius of Andy Grove as well.

So with myself having owned the Dac 5 Sp and Dac 4.1X BaI found them so smooth as to be tending soft and not involving dynamically.

I ran with CEC TLO Drive/ Stereovox TRON/TOMBA Digital Cable. Maybe I just wanted some more excitement --who knows but I let them go.

So I would recommend a serious home audition carefully before outlaying that kind of Dosh-hopefully you may find attributes that eluded Moi! ;) !

BruceD

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I have great respect for ANUK gears --mainly for the plethora of models available and their upgrade paths to sonic Nirvana.

A small outlay can get you into the genes /etc and see if that "flavour"--for want of better words is to your liking --then as you progress the ladder

awaits, Peter Q's concept on this factor is a big plus on the road to Hi end and to be applauded--not to forget the genius of Andy Grove as well.

So with myself having owned the Dac 5 Sp and Dac 4.1X BaI found them so smooth as to be tending soft and not involving dynamically.

I ran with CEC TLO Drive/ Stereovox TRON/TOMBA Digital Cable. Maybe I just wanted some more excitement --who knows but I let them go.

So I would recommend a serious home audition carefully before outlaying that kind of Dosh-hopefully you may find attributes that eluded Moi! ;) !

BruceD
Very useful to know. Can you elaborate a little more on the dac? Did you ever drive it with a server?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Today I used the spare Covid 19 time to sort my picture library. And I found a folder with some old pictures of my former listening room from 2005 to 2006.

In this times I loved tubes and Horn speakers and created a nice set up:

- Jadis Eurythmie horn Speaker

- Jadis JD1 CD -Drive

- Audio Note Japan / Kondo Neiro Amp

- Audio Note / Kondo Kassai Amp

(Bi-Amping)

- Audio Note Japan / Kondo M7 Silver Pre

- Audio Note Japan / Kondo M7 Silver PhonoPre

- Audio Note / Kondo ANS 7 Step Up

- Audio Note UK DAC 5 silver signature

- Audio Note UK TT3 Turntable complete

incl 6 cable separate PSU Audio Note IO ltd Cartridge

- Audio Note / Kondo ANV-Z & SPZ cables

- Aavik Titan Racks

- a lot of Shun Mooks

This set up was my best Tube/Horn set up I ever owned.

All of the gear was sold to make the move to another house possible :-(

And now I do enjoy a larger listening room and the set up quality is improving again / coming back over the years :)

View attachment 72538
Always wanted a pair of these speakers...wonderful system...how would it compare to your setup today do you think?

Reactions: ihmeyers

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Thanks. Always wondered if their lauded Analogue Devices AD1865 chip was competitive or not.
It is, as it is also the chip used in my Aries Cerat Kassandra (albeit 8 DAC chips per channel).

Reactions: howiebrou

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Always wanted a pair of these speakers...wonderful system...how would it compare to your setup today do you think?
difficult to compare, as today I am using a cone speaker. But I always would prefer the Jadis speaker in comparison to
Avantgarde Duo or Horns Universum to name two of the currently available horns Speakers.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
difficult to compare, as today I am using a cone speaker. But I always would prefer the Jadis speaker in comparison to
Avantgarde Duo or Horns Universum to name two of the currently available horns Speakers.
The Jadis speakers always remind of Predator but I would love to hear them.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
THe mid/high horn (not supertweeter) uses one of my all-time favorite drivers, the Beyma CP350Ti, which is used in the tweeter horn of my Odeons. This was used by a number of high end horn makers in the late 90s/early 2000s because it was just a darn good sounding compression driver.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In Italy no one
Consider ANUK,except economic line
All find ANJ or Kondo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing