Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken is terrific!

If anyone wants to visit Ken please let me know. We probably can arrange a joint trip.

(The only reason I have not visited Ken once again myself to hear the Alsyvox is because for the last year coming from Ventura, CA, occasioned such a long drive as to make necessary an overnight stay somewhere -- making the overall logistics kind of complicated.)

PS: I have never heard the Pilium. It might be the greatest amp ever. I am open-minded. But hearing even the great-sounding Vitus in Ken and Ozment's room at the Long Beach audio show made me wish for tubes on the Botticellis.
Visit Jerry in CA or Bob in Portland and listen to Pilium on the Alsyvox if you get a chance.

Or visit Alon at Magico. Three places on the West Coast that Pilium is available to audition.

A nicety of Alsyvox is that they are VERY tube friendly. We were going to drive the Botticelli X at Axpona with a Jadis integrated last year but the show never happened.

I Love my Kondo Kagura 50 watt SETs on the Alsyvox.

I had this system over on Long Island as I didn't have room in my former Manhattan location. In the next month I will be bringing this system over to Brooklyn, where there is enough space, to set it up properly.

Attachments

• 116703713_10222587521577783_1250882690911680682_n.jpg
    116703713_10222587521577783_1250882690911680682_n.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 55
I had this system over on Long Island as I didn't have room in my former Manhattan location. In the next month I will be bringing this system over to Brooklyn, where there is enough space, to set it up properly.
Yikes, is Patrick okay?

vbw,
-a

The Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody Listening Room, owned and operated by Chris Hesse is almost ready for visitors. Chris will be ready after September 15th to host guests, by appointment. Contact information will be available after September 15. Bayz Audio Courantes and Magico A5, not in this batch of pics will also be available for demonstration at that time.

Attachments

• IMG-20210827-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0013.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20210827-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0008.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20210827-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0011.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG-20210827-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0007.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-20210827-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0002.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-20210827-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0009.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG-20210827-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210827-WA0005.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 79
That’s great Bob. Congratulations. I’m going to Dallas on September 11 for parents weekend at SMU. Perhaps the next time I visit I will stop by. Very curious about those Roma speakers. Vinyl and horns. This will be a nice listening room.

Reactions: Rhapsody
That’s great Bob. Congratulations. I’m going to Dallas on September 11 for parents weekend at SMU. Perhaps the next time I visit I will stop by. Very curious about those Roma speakers. Vinyl and horns. This will be a nice listening room.
Thx Peter, Chris did a really nice job. Please do call Chris for an appointment/visit when you have time and are down in Texas.

Conact information will be on the updated Rhapsody.Audio site in the next month. All of the RLR's contact info along with pics of each RLR will be on the main Rhapsody.Audio site.

@Rhapsody and @Cellcbern
I can see that you guys agree on certain elements and disagree in some areas. If you were guys to list top 3 key aspects/elements of the listening room you pay attention to what would it be?
"Us guys" are in total sync. We approach each room with what we feel is appropriate fot that specific room.

Nothing more to add other than that.

Reactions: ddk
Ok, got it. Perfect sync. I am still curious though. When you are designing a listening room which elements do you recommend others to pay attention to the most?

Last edited:
Interface between the speakers and the room. Right size speakers for the room.

Treat the room if there are issues to be dealt with.

Find the speakers that "speak to you" and ARE the right size for your room.

Amplify the speakers appropriately and to your liking.

Fill out the electronics/sources/cables.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda
Thanks for that. I was rather asking about the room itself. If you were to design a dedicated listening room from scratch what would you pay attention to the most? I was curious to learn your priorities. Dimensional ratios, wall construction, sound-proofing, isolation, framing structure, etc.

If we are designing a room from scratch, it depends a LOT on the available space. We would then hire an acoustic architect to design the room. Room design is not our expertise. If interested in who we use, which are several companies, depending on project and location, pm me and I can give you their contact information.

Personally speaking EVERYTHING MATTERS. If you get something wrong it will have an effect on the results. All of the items you mention should be considered and each item is a part of a holistic system with an overall game plan prior to starting the project.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMR / iFi audio
The Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody Listening Room, owned and operated by Chris Hesse is almost ready for visitors. Chris will be ready after September 15th to host guests, by appointment. Contact information will be available after September 15. Bayz Audio Courantes and Magico A5, not in this batch of pics will also be available for demonstration at that time.

Tell him to pull the rug off the front footer of the left channel Botticelli. :p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing