RIP Lola

Joe P

May 11, 2019
My son's Bulldog Lola passed away on Friday. She would have been 12 this coming April. She's pictured below next to my Lab Willow (age 14), who passed two years ago. This sweet little girl will always live in our hearts.

LW.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
We are very sorry for your and your son’s oss! Both dogs look cute and sweet!

Reactions: Al M. and bazelio

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sorry to hear that

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
Sorry to hear of your loss, it’s just brutal when these furry family members pass.

“It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”

“What the heart has once known it shall never forget.”

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Our neighbour has, count 'em, SIX French bulldogs. Quiet neighbourhood Lol. Sorry about Lola.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Very, very sorry... We had to put our 17 yo Lab down last summer and it was about the hardest thing I've ever done. My stoic younger son and I sat with her and both cried our eyes out. My wife couldn't bear to come along to the vet.

Reactions: carl13

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
Very, very sorry... We had to put our 17 yo Lab down last summer and it was about the hardest thing I've ever done. My stoic younger son and I sat with her and both cried our eyes out. My wife couldn't bear to come along to the vet.
I've been thru this so many times in my life, it’s never easy, but they give us their unconditional love.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Where To Bury A Dog

By Ben Hur Lampman, 1925

There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost—if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.

If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call -- come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

Reactions: carl13

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing