bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congratulations Ron
What a wonderful audio experience to look forward to!

Depends who is directing the story:

1. If it was Sidney Lumet, Ron opens the crate there is Gryphon inside, and he sets it up and plays and struggles through it like a normal audiophile, and it is just a nice normal story everyone likes
2. If it was Hitchcock, he opens the crates and unexpected, there are horns inside
3. If it was Nora Ephron Ron and Tinka sit on the sofa and listen to music and they have the best sound among all forum members
4. Given how close he lives to Mullholand Dr, I don't even want to think what is in those crates if David Lynch directs the story

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
  • Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Better be carefull and wait. I hired two movers to carry my 200 pound speakers down the narrow stairs to my listening room. Well worth the money.

Congratulations and good luck!

JP

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The team will consist of six movers. Four movers will be able to carry the smaller crates down the stairs. I think the current plan is to slide the 630 pound crates down the stairs.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Components update:

I just got off the telephone with Jim White, who says that the Io will be ready by the sooner of the planned arrival of the turntable or the end of the year.

I am in the process of ordering a Lampizator Baltic 3!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Congratulations Ron. I have heard the,Amber,Pacific,and Horizon. All are winners. There is no reason to believe the Baltic is anything less. Moreover you may have some money left for the Extreme.
Hiring movers is less expensive than back surgery.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations Ron. I have heard the,Amber,Pacific,and Horizon. All are winners. There is no reason to believe the Baltic is anything less. Moreover you may have some money left for the Extreme.
Hiring movers is less expensive than back surgery.

Thank you!

No, no Extreme for me. I am looking at the new Innuos Pulse Mini and Small Green Computer.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, I have just verified your review credentials at M&S.

Do you currently have any plans to actively bringing in equipment under the auspices of reviews or demonstrator hardware?

I do not currently have any such plans. Over time I intend to report thoughtfully on each of the components in the system.

I am very open to bringing in components for audition and for comparison to the in-house reference components. If I keep all three couches I will be able to seat six or seven people comfortably for fun group auditions.

Matej has been incredibly patient with me, and I look forward to submitting reviews to him in the future.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am very open to bringing in components for audition and for comparison to the in-house reference components. If I keep all three couches I will be able to seat six or seven people comfortably for fun group auditions.

Shakti is the role model for such activities.

Reactions: Golum and shakti

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Congratulations on another step Ron. It won't be long now. trafomatic_audio_drina_matej_isak_2016_mono_and_stereo_matej_isak_test_2016_new_2015_ - 1-1.jpg
this is just the original Tara. I wanted to keep the Soft Touch Porsche Topaz finish consistent. The Tara 2 is even better.
11.png

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Fred!

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations Ron.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I do not currently have any such plans. Over time I intend to report thoughtfully on each of the components in the system.

Matej has been incredibly patient with me, and I look forward to submitting reviews to him in the future.

Acknowledging the obvious need to establish stability before familiarity with system a review is conducted within.

This was an appreciably concise answer coming among such a high number of events yielding to resolve. By this point you deserve to enjoy the Holiday season in your home without further concessions. In whatever entails good company and peace.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Congratulations on another step Ron. It won't be long now. View attachment 100373
this is just the original Tara. I wanted to keep the Soft Touch Porsche Topaz finish consistent. The Tara 2 is even better.
View attachment 100374
As a Serbian I have to say I'm proud to see this kind of gear is being produced back home and finding its way in really top notch systems/homes. Congrats Ron and looking fw to read about your further adventures.

tomsch63

May 31, 2022
Wow! Now this is exciting!! And here I'm focusing on just removing some bass nodes in my room and now you pull this lol

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow! Now this is exciting!! And here I'm focusing on just removing some bass nodes in my room and now you pull this lol

Well, when you put it that way my situation is pathetic: it shouldn’t take eight years to put a stereo together. But that’s what happens when I hire the wrong contractor who takes seven years to do repairs.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Sounds like a proper 300 pound Tongan Crew feeding frenzy audiophile weight lifting contest with foreign dignitaries in attendance. Tonnage matters. Will there be dancing girls from the embassy?

On the other hand, it's not prudent to throw out a back lifting ingots and heavy furniture around.

"I get the upstairs lifting end!" "No, I get the upstairs lifting end."

Reactions: Big Dog RJ

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
D82F3DB7-37D2-4BC7-9F6A-89C051FC0AF5.jpeg

8FB04CE4-9E38-4D67-888F-321D7D53BEB7.jpeg

Brian Berdan, the beloved proprietor of Audio Element in Pasadena, California, and his colleague, Ian, delivered my used VTL Siegfried IIs, with a new set of KT-88s, and my new current production VTL TL-7.5 Series III, to the listening room and the equipment room, respectively, last night. We think it makes sense to keep everything wrapped and safe for the time being until the loudspeaker crates arrive, and the speakers are erected.

Brian displayed nearly infinite patience and grace by storing my amplifiers for years after I told him originally it would be a matter of months.

Audio Element’s great brands include AMG, Boulder, Cardas, Clearaudio, D’Agostino, dCS, Grand Prix, Koetsu, Lyra, Transparent, Tri-Planar, VTL and Wilson Audio.

In this age of digital Brian and Ian still mostly sell analog playback systems. They have developed a series of turn-key, modestly-priced, entry-level systems for young music-lovers seeking better sound.

If you find yourself in Southern California you must meet Brian, who has been a titan in the industry, both as a respected dealer, and as a set-up expert, for many, many years.

Brian Berdan
Audio Element
117 East Union St.
Pasadena, CA 91103
sales@audio-element.com
(626) 793-7229

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing